Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,488 comments
@Pesselles Alright, I can finally sleep well again 😜
1705142648786.png

Ever so slightly in Gold now, but it kind of came out of nowhere. I had slowly worked my way up to a 2:24.5, then suddenly had a lap where I was 8 tenths ahead after the second sector. I got scared and played it safe in the chicane, which cost me three tenths. I guess that means a 2:23.7 or better should definitely be possible if I figure out what I did right in these first two sectors.

@Pesselles Alright, I can finally sleep well again 😜
View attachment 1318830
Ever so slightly in Gold now, but it kind of came out of nowhere. I had slowly worked my way up to a 2:24.5, then suddenly had a lap where I was 8 tenths ahead after the second sector. I got scared and played it safe in the chicane, which cost me three tenths. I guess that means a 2:23.7 or better should definitely be possible if I figure out what I did right in these first two sectors.

I was on Daytona this morning, trying to improve my DR (with no success, for now) with a German car (maybe this is the reason why) and now, I "see" you smiling like...

Angela Merkel Smile GIF by ZDF heute-show

@Lomic: yes my friend you're right except you can't associate "German" and "friends" in the same sentence... :D

It seems that I haven't really had the TT feeling today.

Started with the Supra and improved by 0.1sec 😂 I spent about 2hrs on it after that and I can definitely improve by around 0.5sec at the least, if only I could put one whole neat lap together, so left that after getting frustrated.

Went onto the RX8 and all I can say is, consistency is key 🤣
18d02b176ec69-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_436517597775013_1705146866308 (1).jpg

After getting used to the car I managed to tidy things up a bit, I'm in gold but won't improve this one as I really didn't like it
18d02b185dd0-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_436517600895720_1705146878498.jpg
18d02b1943483-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_436517602609876_1705146885194.jpg

Also had the kitten for support
IMG_20240113_115625.jpg

Replay shared with tags GTP GOLD PCOURTY

Heres the vids for 2:23.438

Follow Cam

Bumper Cam

Cinematic Cam

It seems that I haven't really had the TT feeling today.

Started with the Supra and improved by 0.1sec 😂 I spent about 2hrs on it after that and I can definitely improve by around 0.5sec at the least, if only I could put one whole neat lap together, so left that after getting frustrated.

Went onto the RX8 and all I can say is, consistency is key 🤣
View attachment 1318842

After getting used to the car I managed to tidy things up a bit, I'm in gold but won't improve this one as I really didn't like it

Also had the kitten for support

Replay shared with tags GTP GOLD PCOURTY

Heres the vids for 2:23.438
Nice!, if I may give a sugestion, I would exit T3 definitely in second, seems a lot faster!, same goes for hairpin T8, try to end up completely on the left and and take it in second gear, it's sort of a dubbele apex one so you can realy V-shape your way through!
Last chicane I would do second gear too, I think you realy have to nail it for getting advantage of beeing in third, I was way more consistent in second this morning.

Nice laps mate, and nice kitty 😁👍👍

zjn
My first trial with all assist but abs off.
The lap is not good, is not even good enough, but still I'm so happy about it.

The combo is probably not so complex to be handled without assists, and with more powerful cars will be quite difficult, but here is so so fun

Actually not too bad of a lap. There are a couple places you can stay with 3rd.

The tight right turn before the hairpin. You can enter in 2nd if you need to rotation, but definitely exit in 3rd.

The last corner also is a 3rd gear for the entire thing.

The right sweeper before the chicane...don't need to brake that hard. Just drag the brakes slightly to lose up the rear for rotation is enough.

Should be a fairly easy 1 second right there.

If you still have trouble, try to spend 80% of the effort for turn-in and the apex. If your entry is done right, the corner exit is just an after thought. If you have to fight the car during exit, then you had done something wrong during the entry.

Last edited:
I was stuck with bronze (56'9) with wheel and yesterday testing with controller got silver by over 0,50 of the target time 😅 (Supra - Trial Mountain)

How safe this time will be? ABS on and TCS at 3 did the trick with controller, hopefully tomorrow I can do another go with the wheel but gold is way above my skills I think.

Last edited:
Decent progress today at TM for a short stint.

After the Nation's Cup race, I didn't want to stress myself too much but just doing an hour on a TT. So I ran a relaxing easy race at Le Mans first to cleanse the palate. Then I'd hop in the Supra.

13 laps and I did manage to find some time. So I'm pretty pleased with how efficient I was today.

S1 wasn't my best and S2 was ok, but I had a killer S3.

18d0468450e96-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d0468630e17-screenshotUrl.jpg

I think one or two more sessions I'll be able to break into the high 1:51's.

Was able to pick up a tiny bit of time in the Mazda. Considering I had an optimal of 21.6, you'd think I managed to get under a 22. Nope, not even close. 2:22.279. If it wasn't for a terrible first sector, I would have reached the 21's easily. Why is it so hard to put down a solid 4 sectors on the same lap?

Every lap it's something. Either I:
  • Have a poor sector 1 or...
  • Overshoot (or undershoot) the hairpin or...
  • Get on the gas too late at turn 12 and understeer off or...
  • Jack up the chicane or...
  • Understeer like hell entering the final turn and lose time with a terrible exit.

Last edited:
Thought I’d have another crack at the RX8. Obvious missing link yesterday was no stripes , so that was the first job 😂! Ran 20 laps and pulled just under a second off my first session last night… best now of 2:22.6 with optimals at 2:22.1. Still don’t like the car though…
1705182617609.jpeg

1705182632161.jpeg

1705182647316.jpeg

Last edited:
Was able to pick up a tiny bit of time in the Mazda. Considering I had an optimal of 21.6, you'd think I managed to get under a 22. Nope, not even close. 1:22.279. If it wasn't for a terrible first sector, I would have reached the 21's easily. Why is it so hard to put down a solid 4 sectors on the same lap?

Every lap it's something. Either I:
  • Have a poor sector 1 or...
  • Overshoot (or undershoot) the hairpin or...
  • Get on the gas too late at turn 12 and understeer off or...
  • Jack up the chicane or...
  • Understeer like hell entering the final turn and lose time with a terrible exit.
I must say that it looks easier than it is this one, you have to exactly have your momentum otherwise you loose so much time!, and the chicane and last corner are just hideous 🤣, I did spend a lot of time this morning to get into the 21's, my flow came after 2 freaking hours or something 🤣🤪
I'm sure you will get there very soon, al it takes is one clean lap....... wow that sounds easy... 🤣

After 100 or so miles session, I managed to improve at TM with the Supra and clocked a time of 1.53.368. My optimal was 1.53.002 but I can't say that I'm motivated to chase that as I'm really not enjoying that TT. So here's to hoping my time is good enough to keep my gold streak going.

Did a 20 laps practice session focusing what I had preached....take my time and sort out the entry and let the exit be the result of my entry. I wasn't aiming for fastest lap, so I was't doing qualifying pace at all....more like race pace for 20 laps.

18d051f934693-screenshotUrl.jpg

18d051f740a40-screenshotUrl.jpg

18d051f573e94-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Seems to be a good reasult, as my pace was slowly getting faster and faster and I wasn't intentionally upping the pace.

I was going to go for another 10 qualifying laps but my shoulder hurted like hell (landed funny when snowboarding last week and made it worse playing badminton today 🫠) I guess I'm calling it a day until my shoulder brace arrive from Amazon tomorrow.

Last edited:
Didn't have much time to play sthis morning and had other things to do, if you buy a new TV then the 40 inch goes to the bedroom so had to install a new wall Mount, wife wish...

Didn't uploaded my yesterday lap either, it kind of good to see where you can improve, and if I look at it it seems like a lot, but still was a descent lap, but I know next stint I have to work on the chicane, im now in the fase " 3th gear chicane".... it's 1 out 10.....if I master that, I'll make some real progression 😁 but have to wait to tomorrow morning.

Happy lapping guys, here is the old 21.833 lap

I finally got a 19.9 on the RX-8, still issues with the lap especially sector 1. Somehow I can smell a Low .8 now 😅 but i will wait until i feel threatened 😆. I dont want to to through the emotions through the back straight before the chicane. When you gap the ghost by alot, the chicane gets scarier and scarier 😂

I finally got a 19.9 on the RX-8, still issues with the lap especially sector 1. Somehow I can smell a Low .8 now 😅 but i will wait until i feel threatened 😆. I dont want to to through the emotions through the back straight before the chicane. When you gap the ghost by alot, the chicane gets scarier and scarier 😂

When I follow your ghost, it last less than 5 seconds and its gone: no more ghost, no more stress.... You're already at the lobby when I'm still on the first corner.

So, I suggest you to follow my ghost and you won't have any problem at the chicane :D

See you tomorrow for more smart advices on GT7!

Next attempt at Nürburgring yesterday, and this time it finally clicked and I was getting into a nice flow. Ended up with a 2:23.320, so an improvement of over 7 tenths. I think I'll let it go at this point. The next milestone would be a 2:22.x, and the next player above me (@Gogga) in my friends list is half a second faster than me. Both seem out of reach, at least at the moment, but I'm very happy with what I got so far. Maybe I'll return to Trial Mountain before it's over.

1705235580135.png

@Pesselles @Lomic you should try some soft butter, it seems to help! ;)

Next attempt at Nürburgring yesterday, and this time it finally clicked and I was getting into a nice flow. Ended up with a 2:23.320, so an improvement of over 7 tenths. I think I'll let it go at this point. The next milestone would be a 2:22.x, and the next player above me (@Gogga) in my friends list is half a second faster than me. Both seem out of reach, at least at the moment, but I'm very happy with what I got so far. Maybe I'll return to Trial Mountain before it's over.

View attachment 1319225

Nice time mate! Keep at it, you will crack into the 22's.
I made a slight improvement today to a 2:22.719 with optimal of 2:22.509. My biggest issue is consistency. Just have a look at these sector times. They are all over the place.
I'm suffering from one lap wonder syndrome again 🤣

18d0818afea24-screenshotUrl.jpg

View attachment 1319225

Ignore what @Gogga said, don't keep at it, you've just pushed me down the friends list 🤣 I don't like this TT but I am becoming tempted to run it again 😉

In truth though, great improvement 👍🏻

Also, if you have shared your replay then I may need to borrow the ghost... And the Ghost Busters to help me beat you 😜
GIF by Ghostbusters

Last edited:
Ignore what @Gogga said, don't keep at it, you've just pushed me down the friends list 🤣 I don't like this TT but I am becoming tempted to run it again 😉

In truth though, great improvement 👍🏻

Also, if you have shared your replay then I may need to borrow the ghost... And the Ghost Busters to help me beat you 😜
GIF by Ghostbusters
Thanks for the kind words. And: yeah I did share it :)

Back