Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,732 comments
382019d338c9acab96064c6e916fea0ef06ab5ce.gif

please everyone stop improving your times on Mount Panorama !!!!

desespoir-desespere.gif

I am so desperate but Bravo à vous tous !!!!! 👏👏👏👏 And respect !!!!! :bowdown::bowdown:

Well, it was a very productive day here :sly:

After entered the "Sub 1:55" Club at Autopolis this morning, I've achieved my 2nd objective tonight with a basic silver at Mt Panorama. I'm aware that my score - 2:03.783 - is very medium but I have zero motivation to chase gold at Bathurst.

Autopolis TT

1707677113563.png

Mount Panorama TT

1707675614220.png

As I am in Australia for the TT, I took advantage of this opportunity to gold the IA-5 license with the Skyline 2000GT-R :sly:

1707675828470.jpeg

and to lower my previous PB on the CE but I'm still 1 sec over the gold:

1707687480332.jpeg

Have a nice day / evening / morning, GT7 folks ;)

Last edited:
Don't know who of you is into that, but this TT felt like a Dark Souls boss fight. Appears insurmountable at first, you die 30 times and throw things at the screen, but over time, you learn its patterns and weaknesses, and when you finally lay him, you feel like the king of the world :D
I only know Unga Bunga STR builds. This track rewards such tactics with red laps! :lol:

First 10 serious laps at MP, with the Porsche RSR.

Most invalidated laps until lap 6 were not because of walls but because of mowing the lawns.

After correcting the lack of work by the gardeners, I was able to concentrate on my laps, and now begin to invalidate laps with the help of the cement 😅 (but not too much as I am not pushing too hard now)

There is good potential to improve, but reaching silver will not be easy.

18d999122f564-screenshotUrl.jpg

Plus a photo of this beauty in her natural habitat.
18d99908ef682-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

<Expletives deleted> I can't quite believe this...

I am currently just a whisker off a 1:54 at Autopolis in a Peugeot!!! A very lazy day here. Spent a couple of hours trying different cars. The old RCZ came up trumps and delivered a, satisfying, 1:55:1xx. Very pleased with that.

A couple of days to see if I can manage it.

This new, profile, rig has made a huge difference to my enjoyment of GT7. I am soooooooo desperate to get my new wheel and base!

NB - Our design team at work has drawn up a set of steel plates to invert my Fanatec CSL V2 pedals. The width of this set up will be 500mm. Designed to fit in an Upshift R-Pro Aluminium rig. Laser cut 6mm stainless steel plates. If anyone wants a copy of these drawings - just message me. I am only too happy to send them to you.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

I don't understand how you do it. Especially since you switched controls what, a month ago? Impressive.
I switched to the triggers while the Shelby/Deep Forest and Gr.2/Fuji TT's were going on, so it's been a few months now. It probably took a good month before I really got the hang of them and stopped accidentally hitting wrong buttons here and there. It feels completely naturally now. The ability to give only partial throttle or braking in certain instances is a great help. :D

Man, my optimal Laps keep getting better (bottom 2:01) but i keep invalidating my Laps one way or another. Usually when i see my last sector time i botch the last part due to wanting the gold too much, if that makes sense. Hope i can make it happen tomorrow. Gratz to those who got gold today 🔥🙏

I DID IT! 1:59:984 in the McLaren at Bathurst.

Most satisfying feeling in GT7 ever after spending the most time on a single Time Trial, ever. Possibly the maximum I can do at my skill level (Of course any tips on improving the lap would be welcomed).

IMG-8132.jpg

IMG-8131.jpg

Last edited:
Did my initial laps at Mount Panorama over the weekend. As Mount Panorama is my home track (in GT7 and in real life), I will be putting as much effort as I can spare into getting the best possible result.

My current time is a 2:00.134 which places me 379th. The optimum time is a 1:59.755 so there is still plenty of time up for grabs if I can nail the lap. Aim will definitely be to get a sub 2:00 lap and I think that is possible based off my current optimum.

The Genesis is very nice to drive, almost too nice. Would be a little better if you didn't have to make so many slight lifts to get across the top of the mountain so I guess it could do with a fraction more downforce in the nose, but all in all a very nice car to drive and to look at.

I did another 100km or so with many 2:00.1s and .2s...but no improvement. There were 3 laps that could protentially get below 2:00 but I either screwed up the forest elbow or out braked myself at the last corner.

Ohh....and doing this TT with the g pro wheel is a WORK OUT. 11nm of torque is a bit over 8 lbs/foot....and the wheel is exactly 12 inches across....yeah...very tiring. Also the brake pedal is HARD. I don't know how much force I set it to, but maximum is 100kg (220 lbs)....I probably have it at 50kg? I dunno....Anyways...I was sweating after 10 mins into the session.

Man, I'm tired. I slept 12 hours yesterday, took up half my day from working on the TT's. So, I think I'm pretty much done with Autopolis. I just can't get my lines right at Sector 3. I mean 1M is a good reward for silver. I need to focus on silver at MP, that will be another million earned, I'd be pleased with that.

Last edited:
I switched to the triggers while the Shelby/Deep Forest and Gr.2/Fuji TT's were going on, so it's been a few months now. It probably took a good month before I really got the hang of them and stopped accidentally hitting wrong buttons here and there. It feels completely naturally now. The ability to give only partial throttle or braking in certain instances is a great help. :D
Add some back buttons for the gears and you'll be unstoppable 😉

There has to be a good combination for the configuration of the manual gears for using MT. Should I do the up/down gearshifts for the triangle/X button, and do the regular up button for acceleration and the down button to brake? Idk what to do about it but I've got to gain those seconds that I always miss out on.

Thought i would go with the RSR around MP, but saturday morning i decided to try the AMG '20... 20 laps, optimal time was a 2:01:5xx but barely a lap wasn't invalidated, best still at 2:02:5xx. Then i thought, why not try different cars. First a couple laps in the M3 GT, not too bad, but i felt it lacked in power. Then the SLS AMG, quite nice to drive and improved to a 2:02:2xx. I don't know why, but I chose to give the Z4 a try as well, even though it has the same engine as the M3 GT. 3 laps later my time was down to a 2:01:80x, but then had to leave. Definetely trying to improve this week.

Ohh....and doing this TT with the g pro wheel is a WORK OUT. 11nm of torque is a bit over 8 lbs/foot....and the wheel is exactly 12 inches across....yeah...very tiring. Also the brake pedal is HARD. I don't know how much force I set it to, but maximum is 100kg (220 lbs)....I probably have it at 50kg? I dunno....Anyways...I was sweating after 10 mins into the session.

I was actually going to bring the topic of sweating to the GTP community because let me tell you, I sweat buckets when using the wheel.

It's actually so deterring that most of the time I have very limited sessions on the wheel throughout the week because I just showered after a workout and didn't want to sweat again. It's very annoying.

I DID IT! 1:59:984 in the McLaren at Bathurst.

Most satisfying feeling in GT7 ever after spending the most time on a single Time Trial, ever. Possibly the maximum I can do at my skill level (Of course any tips on improving the lap would be welcomed).

IMG-8132.jpg

IMG-8131.jpg

After doing the CE which is also in the GT3 McLaren and seeing that the first non Genesis on the leader board is one as well I am also committed to it. Great reinforcement to see that you did so well with it. Killer time.

I am still not into Gold. Even optimum time wasn't gold yet. Never struggled with a TT that much. The apex walls of T6 and T10 drive me mad.
There has to be a good combination for the configuration of the manual gears for using MT. Should I do the up/down gearshifts for the triangle/X button, and do the regular up button for acceleration and the down button to brake? Idk what to do about it but I've got to gain those seconds that I always miss out on.
The default of X for up shift and square for down shift work very well for me.

What do you mean up and down buttons for acceleration and brake? That sounds totally insane to me, don't get me wrong. What about using the triggers?

If you're on PS4 then you could also do acceleration and brake via the right stick (yanking it up and down, allows for some partial acceleration and braking as well) and shifting via the triggers. I used this method forever until the awesome Dualsense haptic triggers converted me.

Back