Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,375 comments
18dc488b28411-screenshotUrl.jpg
18dc4889b5322-screenshotUrl.jpg

Managed to shave off a few tenths. Really enjoying this combo. No idea where I'm to find the other two seconds. You aliens never put a foot wrong!

Frustrating times on the Mountain yesterday, chasing that gold time with the Porsche. Couldn't string a quick lap together without clipping a wall somewhere so I put over 100km in without making any improvements.

One lap where I was well up on my time, looking at a certain 2:01.4XX I grazed the barrier at Forrest Elbow and wrote off the lap. Expletives were heard throughout the neighbourhood! And I couldn't find the magic of that lap again...

So I gave it a new livery to distract myself. Another attempt tonight.

20970557726038118.jpg

20970340597750496.jpg

Last edited:
what the h......... :lol: :lol: :bowdown:
great job ?!!!.....

Congratulations with an insane place 41!

i'm stuck at a high 52.1 and can't imagine finding more than half a second :banghead::banghead::lol::lol::lol:
I had a similar problem, but I've come to realise that every time I hit the track, it seems like I "unlock" new time somewhere that I couldn't previously. It's a weird phenomenon.

How do i find my time on the gran turismo page when I don't know it? There is only a list of about 10.000 people. :odd: No possibility to search a name?

Edit: found it by accident. 1:53,444.
Is there no better way than scrolling for eternity? I mean Granturismo.com has "my page" logged in and the "sports" page and can't tell me my time? Am i missing something?
You can find results on this page, type your psn name in search field (or is it GT name not sure, I have exactly the same) and you will get result of current competitions

@bluealpine "Somebody under 1.50 with the merc?" it is not possible, Jeddah is not under 1.50 :)

Last edited:
I had a similar problem, but I've come to realise that every time I hit the track, it seems like I "unlock" new time somewhere that I couldn't previously. It's a weird phenomenon.
I have exactly the same, except fot the new unlockings.... :lol: :lol:
This morning did about 25 laps and had my first .2xx on S2...... :gtpflag:........... but yeah.... sausage........ again :lol::lol::lol:
but... just as the last time, during the whole stint i was more in the .3xx on S2 so i won something again, altho it's slow.... very slow.... don't know what it is...i can't seem to string it just ONCE :lol:

But we gained something from 1:52.187 to a whopping 1:52.110 which a ran twice :boggled::boggled::boggled::boggled::lol::lol:

1000017398.jpg

Last edited:
You can find results on this page, type your psn name in search field (or is it GT name not sure, I have exactly the same) and you will get result of current competitions

Interesting page, but it doesn't update properly.
My time for MP time trial is from Friday and the page seemingly done its 3 hour interval update just now.

Also wondering what is the "Target" time?

Last edited:
Very not satisfying day with the Fat Old German lady...

This morning, I had lot of "Greeks" laps (from 1:55.0xx to 1:55.5xx) and this afternoon, I had many "German" laps (from 1:54:0xx to 1:54.5xx). And among these laps, I also had many Chinese ones (in red).
Not a single valid lap below 1:54.000 today. NOT A SINGLE ONE ALL DAY!!! :nervous:

I also would like to take a short instant to congrat @EbrahimX7 for his PB on Dragon Trail :bowdown:
Before, I only had 0.035 to save for gold. Now, thanks to him, I need 0.250... :irked:
When are you on holidays with your girlfriend or retired, dude? :grumpy:

I really need to let off some steam, I'm going to go kick some ass at Baldur's gate!!

Today is another day, and as usual, with very different results as yesterday...
Since the firsts laps, I was laping in a range of 1:54.0 to 1:54.5.
And I did even had a gold one in 1:53.803 but invalidated :irked:

I'll load @Tidgney car's hologram this afternoon because as everyone knows, he is my only hope!

#KeepPushing

Tidgney's ghost is a great lap to follow to find time. He's got a very very smooth and controllable line, if you can stay close enough to see him. He's fast. Fast fast. @Metalgear9493 has a really good one too but his is rowdy and knife edge. Harder to follow but it's also very fast and may suit your driving style better. I find depending on the day I'm faster with either. Ymmv.

Echoing above, I had been following @Metalgear9493 but he's just too quick for me. I actually found time yesterday by following the slowest 1.51 ghost I could find instead of @Tidgney (my usual, I'm not stalking your ghost I promise!), it was quite motivating because I was definitely quicker than this ghost through the last sector and 4 apex corner.

Last edited:
Tidgney's ghost is a great lap to follow to find time. He's got a very very smooth and controllable line, if you can stay close enough to see him. He's fast. Fast fast. @Metalgear9493 has a really good one too but his is rowdy and knife edge. Harder to follow but it's also very fast and may suit your driving style better. I find depending on the day I'm faster with either. Ymmv.
Thanks for the info my friend, I'll also give @Metalgear9493 ghost a try (it can't hurt^^).
My point is to enter into the Yellow Club, no matter the ghost!!

Hi friends!! It’s been a while, I’m happy to report I am in my new home! Time has been very thin to do any Gran Turismoing plus teething problems with cockpit setup in the new ‘pad has been challenging. To add insult to injury I find Bathurst and the Genesis very time consuming to get right; I don’t particularly like the Genesis and I find on GT7 Bathurst only seems to have ONE line that you can get round it cleanly 🤣

Was hoping for under 2 minutes but turned out to be a pipe dream 😆 good riddance. I tried the 190E at Gardens once and that was enough to know that too will be a challenge, I didn’t even manage to get to the start line 🤪 does it get any easier!??

IMG_5407.jpeg

Merci :D !

Seriously, I really feel dumb to struggle to gold most of TTS while many players gold in few laps only. After all these hours playing GT7, I should improve my skills...

But I don't complain as I know could always be worst... like living on a rainy island, wearing beast furs as clothes, driving on the wrong side of the road, can't live without un umbrella, etc.

Thanks God, I'm maybe not fastest on GT7 but I'm on the normal side of the French Channel.

monty python GIF
This is not the place to hang out if you want to feel fast. 🏎️

Hi friends!! It’s been a while, I’m happy to report I am in my new home! Time has been very thin to do any Gran Turismoing plus teething problems with cockpit setup in the new ‘pad has been challenging. To add insult to injury I find Bathurst and the Genesis very time consuming to get right; I don’t particularly like the Genesis and I find on GT7 Bathurst only seems to have ONE line that you can get round it cleanly 🤣

Was hoping for under 2 minutes but turned out to be a pipe dream 😆 good riddance. I tried the 190E at Gardens once and that was enough to know that too will be a challenge, I didn’t even manage to get to the start line 🤪 does it get any easier!??

View attachment 1329964
Congratulations with your new home mate!

Yeah, the Genesis is fast but she's a bit loose on the tail :lol: :lol: a fun but hard time trial if you ask me!
Beautiful scenery tho!

That Merc..... what to say...., i'm braking my b*lls on this one ( and my DS5 by the sound of it... ), it's nice in it's own way..... but on the other hand it just sucks.....
:lol::lol:

Found myself away from the PS for a few days, again! Nothing I can do about my borderline bronze in Aussie now. At 8.6% I'm hoping it's safe.
I just don't get where I go wrong on this track.... followed Alien ghosts, watched all the YouTube How-to vids, tried going slow, tried going fast..... nothing works! But it's great fun trying! :cheers:

If the 190E is a satellite, then the chicane is definitely a launch mechanism.
it flips even more easy than the Radical we had on the full course..
and i'm just to inconsistent with it, it's like .... it's not band around place 200 of the world, but i just takes one perfect lap
but it's just to hard to controle for me at the yeeeting sausage..., i copied 4th on entry from you and 3th out but that weighttransfer without burning those tires is quite difficult for me, 9 out of 10 i'll get the wobble of death :lol: :lol:

it flips even more easy than the Radical we had on the full course..
and i'm just to inconsistent with it, it's like .... it's not band around place 200 of the world, but i just takes one perfect lap
but it's just to hard to controle for me at the yeeeting sausage..., i copied 4th on entry from you and 3th out but that weighttransfer without burning those tires is quite difficult for me, 9 out of 10 i'll get the wobble of death :lol: :lol:
The hard part for the 4th in 3rd out is to fling the car to the left after the 1st sausage. If you time the steering, braking or shifting just wrong, the car is just going to keep turning right and you can kiss your good lap good bye.

Last edited:
The hard part for the 4th in 3rd out is to fling the car to the left after the 1st sausage. If you time the steering, braking or shifting just wrong, the car is just going to keep turning right and you can kiss your good lap good bye.
I tried 4th in 3rd out but it didn't work for me as well 3rd all the way through. I think I needed all my concentration to get the line right, couldn't be dealing with a shift as well.

I tried 4th in 3rd out but it didn't work for me as well 3rd all the way through. I think I needed all my concentration to get the line right, couldn't be dealing with a shift as well.
Hmmmm...interesting......it is the other way around for me 🤔

I started out with 3rd all the way, but I got all kind of understeer, oversteer or psychosteer when diving into the 1st sauage, and end up missing it half of the time. It took all my concentration just to keep the car in control and I had no mental ability left to get the line right, so I end up braking early and losing a bunch of time.

Back