Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,361 comments
Hmmmm...interesting......it is the other way around for me 🤔

I started out with 3rd all the way, but I got all kind of understeer, oversteer or psychosteer when diving into the 1st sauage, and end up missing it half of the time. It took all my concentration just to keep the car in control and I had no mental ability left to get the line right, so I end up braking early and losing a bunch of time.
Well you're faster than me so no one should listen to me on this. :D I suspect I'm on the brakes earlier anyway and hence didn't have the same issue? I'll share my latest lap video later, might be interesting to compare.

I started out with 3rd all the way, but I got all kind of understeer, oversteer or psychosteer when diving into the 1st sauage, and end up missing it half of the time. It took all my concentration just to keep the car in control and I had no mental ability left to get the line right, so I end up braking early and losing a bunch of time.
the first Salami unsettles the car so much it isn't even funny, starwalking immidiately...
it's like you can't smooth-it due to the agle it's on, and if i copy Metal there ... he just bounces AND keeping control, i'll go wobbleLicious instantly and loose a bunch of years right there... :lol:

Well you're faster than me so no one should listen to me on this. :D I suspect I'm on the brakes earlier anyway and hence didn't have the same issue? I'll share my latest lap video later, might be interesting to compare.
I used to start braking when the curb begin when I was doing 3rd all the way. Now I start brake 1/2 way between the curb and the 100 board.
the first Salami unsettles the car so much it isn't even funny, starwalking immidiately...
it's like you can't smooth-it due to the agle it's on, and if i copy Metal there ... he just bounces AND keeping control, i'll go wobbleLicious instantly and loose a bunch of years right there... :lol:
I used a combination of Tidg's and Metal's approach. I couldn't follow Tidg's line using onky 3rd gear, but found out if I use Metal's gear selection (4th in 3rd out), I can follow Tidg's line...actually 1/2 of the time I can do slightly better and have the sausage goes between the wheels so I don't ended up driving into a bouncy castle. I still need to work on the 2nd sausage and the tight left after it.....losing a good 3/10s or more there compare to Tidg.

Interesting.. I take the first curve in the sausage in 3, then shift to 4 to go straight more easily.

I used to start braking when the curb begin when I was doing 3rd all the way. Now I start brake 1/2 way between the curb and the 100 board.

I used a combination of Tidg's and Metal's approach. I couldn't follow Tidg's line using onky 3rd gear, but found out if I use Metal's gear selection (4th in 3rd out), I can follow Tidg's line...actually 1/2 of the time I can do slightly better and have the sausage goes between the wheels so I don't ended up driving into a bouncy castle. I still need to work on the 2nd sausage and the tight left after it.....losing a good 3/10s or more there compare to Tidg.
And let's not talk about the hairpin, Metal ( i asum Tidg's line is the same ) is even faster out of there than i'm off to the toilet after eating Mexican Taco's...
When i'm realy hammering it and feel like i nailed it .... he just flies :lol: seems so easy watching his replay.... but my 190E just has 100 HP less :lol::lol:

And let's not talk about the hairpin, Metal ( i asum Tidg's line is the same ) is even faster out of there than i'm off to the toilet after eating Mexican Taco's...
When i'm realy hammering it and feel like i nailed it .... he just flies :lol: seems so easy watching his replay.... but my 190E just has 100 HP less :lol::lol:
Actually Tidg uses a tighter line compared to Metal. I'm now using Metal's line now...it does let me accelerate earlier, but it is a lot more on edge during turn in. The trouble I have with the hairpin is the lack of an absolute reference for braking point. The somewhere before the 100 board is just not precise enough.

Now that I can fully relate to, I feel so flipping slow out of the hairpin (and T1 for that matter), I swear these guys have nitrous.

Now that I can fully relate to, I feel so flipping slow out of the hairpin (and T1 for that matter), I swear these guys have nitrous.
It all about releasing the brakes. Release too fast and the car gets all pear-shaped. Relase too slow....like most of us, the car becomes a lot more stable, but we lose a whole bunch of apex speed that we will never get back.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to pull out what little hair I have left !!!! I'm crazy I'm going to bang my head against a wall !!!!
PXxyd.gif

This is a cushion but it hurts less 🤣🤣🤣
New test in Mount Panorama and improve my time at 2'01'675 (gold medal : 2'01'655) with optimal time at 2'01'146 !!!

17084451631651971259763864149797.jpg

I think I'm going to pull out what little hair I have left !!!! I'm crazy I'm going to bang my head against a wall !!!!
View attachment 1330005
This is a cushion but it hurts less 🤣🤣🤣
New test in Mount Panorama and improve my time at 2'01'675 (gold medal : 2'01'655) with optimal time at 2'01'146 !!!

View attachment 1330007
Come on Jeje!!, you got this! That's real close! Keep pushing!

Yes!! I knew you'd make it.

Now get out of there and don't go back, come join us in the Merc dance... :)
Thank you, that's nice, but I'll go back because my optimal time is under 2'01, so I know I can still improve. I still have tomorrow.
And on Dragon Trail I already have the gold medal and as I am on vacation for another 12 days, I still have time to do better than 1'53'266.😉😉

Actually Tidg uses a tighter line compared to Metal. I'm now using Metal's line now...it does let me accelerate earlier, but it is a lot more on edge during turn in. The trouble I have with the hairpin is the lack of an absolute reference for braking point. The somewhere before the 100 board is just not precise enough.
I'm much faster with the wider line. I've had a few where I was in both ghosts on the straight after turn 1, but it is so hard to get that one exactly right. My fastest laps were when I nailed that corner. I can't get it consistently though.

I'm much faster with the wider line. I've had a few where I was in both ghosts on the straight after turn 1, but it is so hard to get that one exactly right. My fastest laps were when I nailed that corner. I can't get it consistently though.
I was talking about the hairpin at the end of 2nd sector. Turn one I just follow Tidg's line. Metal's line I have no idea how to follow right and ended up being 2 to 3/10s slower comparing to Tidg's.

I was talking about the hairpin at the end of 2nd sector. Turn one I just follow Tidg's line. Metal's line I have no idea how to follow right and ended up being 2 to 3/10s slower comparing to Tidg's.
Ah. My mistake. I take that one wide too... 😂😂😂I find I can get on the throttle long before I can with cutting the curb there. Getting that one right feels so nice. Watching the Delta on the straight when you are in a good lap is heart racing for me.

Thank you, that's nice, but I'll go back because my optimal time is under 2'01, so I know I can still improve. I still have tomorrow.
And on Dragon Trail I already have the gold medal and as I am on vacation for another 12 days, I still have time to do better than 1'53'266.😉😉
Clearly you have a stronger stomach than I do, as soon as I hit 2.01.3 I was out of there without a second glance.

Well that sounds promising then..... please let me be 2 to 3/10s quicker thru sector one when changing ghost to Tidg's ...... 😂

@Jeje6410 congrats!, not the easiest combo to gold! 🥳🍾🍾🎊

Another ~100ms shaved off my best time, still chasing for the 52's!

Feel like i still have a lot of time to win in the sausage and the last chicane. If i glue every perfect sector together it's easily a high 51 but it's just not happening somehow... The amount of times i botched the final chicane is ridiculous but this TT is somehow addictive to come back to. I think this is by far my highest ranking in a TT so far, but i would have to look at data expert @half_sourly 🤔

@Gomario JSP is going to wake up with a heart attack 🤣
Let's hope @Gomario JSP doesn't get heart attack 4 o'clock in the morning, sorry mate. Let's just say life got busy so I didn't had time to put more than a banker laps just to get gold, on few previous TTs, but now I actually got three sessions, which is nice.
And that damn third sector, enough said about it, we have all said it.. But yeah if I nailed it, it would be even more fun 😊
1000019267.jpg
1000019269.jpg

Let's hope @Gomario JSP doesn't get heart attack 4 o'clock in the morning, sorry mate. Let's just say life got busy so I didn't had time to put more than a banker laps just to get gold, on few previous TTs, but now I actually got three sessions, which is nice.
And that damn third sector, enough said about it, we have all said it.. But yeah if I nailed it, it would be even more fun 😊
View attachment 1330047View attachment 1330048
Man you guys..... are killing me ....glad to still see this in the evening..... now I can drink my not sub 52 away...... cheers mate...😂😂

Good to see you on fire again!, I'll have a session tomorrow morning.....and prob go from .110 to a whopping .050 or something 😂😂😂.....this one hunts me ....

Back