Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,386 comments
Vielen Dank I know, I'm right :D Congrats for your impressive score with the Roadster!

Ok more seriously, I think our gold scores on Dragon Trail are safe, as the big guys are now fighting on Grand Valley (and also because I don't want to go back with the German Granny... :yuck: ).

View attachment 1330625

Funny to see we have very close/similar scores on 2 very different TTs!!
Told you we where close in general. ;-)

By the way: my current account is Niki King Rat in memory of Niki Lauda (after called "rat" he countered with at least being "king rat" which he even wrote on his helmet). Added you with that account some weeks ago and as i am doing the Circuit Experience on that account again i saw some similarities.

Told you we where close in general. ;-)

By the way: my current account is Niki King Rat in memory of Niki Lauda (after called "rat" he countered with at least being "king rat" which he even wrote on his helmet). Added you with that account some weeks ago and as i am doing the Circuit Experience on that account again i saw some similarities.
You're the most friendly rat I ever met and I'm glad to be your friend here :)
Niki is a legend!!

If I cancel PS Plus, will I be able to participate in Online Time Trials? I know for a fact that you cannot do daily races and I assume that you cannot do Online Time Trials either, but lets confirm this. Most probably I will not like the answer...

Morning guys!

I got stuck in to DTG last night in the 190E; god what a frustrating combo! On the one hand I actually hate it, I love the track but I just loath sports hard tyres so much and they bring out the worst of GT7 physics IMO; the 190E is a fun, well balanced, chuckable performance car but this combo turns it into Bambi on ice; like it’s a jittery track focused hypercar hell bent on destroying you if you even think about slightly driving it with any sort of gusto… I mean it’s only got 181lb/ft of torque yet even at low rpm it’s entering uncontrollable spins on the power in mid speed corners….

Anywayyyyyyysssss it’s a love hate thing, because when it’s not spinning uncontrollably on the exit of every corner or upside down it’s actually quite fun; on those odd laps where the car settles Gardens shows what a good little track it is; I always thought after the last TT here it would be great to have a more softly sprung car here that could take the curbs well!

IMG_5431.jpeg

Hoping to get into the 1:51s if I get another shot at a few sessions in before the closing bell 😁

IMG_5429.jpeg

IMG_5432.jpeg

(Note to PD; yes this paint scheme is a hint for your tyre modelling team. Lots of Love, your good friend Dan 😘 xxx)

Morning guys!

I got stuck in to DTG last night in the 190E; god what a frustrating combo! On the one hand I actually hate it, I love the track but I just loath sports hard tyres so much and they bring out the worst of GT7 physics IMO; the 190E is a fun, well balanced, chuckable performance car but this combo turns it into Bambi on ice; like it’s a jittery track focused hypercar hell bent on destroying you if you even think about slightly driving it with any sort of gusto… I mean it’s only got 181lb/ft of torque yet even at low rpm it’s entering uncontrollable spins on the power in mid speed corners….

Anywayyyyyyysssss it’s a love hate thing, because when it’s not spinning uncontrollably on the exit of every corner or upside down it’s actually quite fun; on those odd laps where the car settles Gardens shows what a good little track it is; I always thought after the last TT here it would be great to have a more softly sprung car here that could take the curbs well!

View attachment 1330639

Hoping to get into the 1:51s if I get another shot at a few sessions in before the closing bell 😁

View attachment 1330640
View attachment 1330641

(Note to PD; yes this paint scheme is a hint for your tyre modelling team. Lots of Love, your good friend Dan 😘 xxx)
You show up out of nowhere and throw a heater. Nice work! 😂😂😂

I seem to be in the minority but I really don't like this current TT in the Merc. Don't enjoy driving the car, don't like having to fling it across the sausages and hope for the best. Bathurst was much better.

Hopefully something nicer tomorrow.
Nope, this one is bad as well. Got a silver and don't really want to go any further.

I think I only like the race cars at this point, a bit of a surprise after being a roadie in all the previous GTs I've played.
May as well just do GTWS practice for the next week until there's a new TT.

Nope, this one is bad as well. Got a silver and don't really want to go any further.

I think I only like the race cars at this point, a bit of a surprise after being a roadie in all the previous GTs I've played.
May as well just do GTWS practice for the next week until there's a new TT.
Send me your PS5 by postal service and I'll send it you back as soon I've golded Grand Valley TT with your account ;):dopey:
(I'll do it for free)

You show up out of nowhere and throw a heater. Nice work! 😂😂😂
yeah, that's his thing, during the week he is up at alien hights flyng his insane horsepowered thing around the world, then casually comes online again and sets a time in his first session which we battle for to reach after 2 weeks :lol: :lol:
"some say .......... he even remotes from the cockpit :lol::lol:.........

View attachment 1330596

Chippin' away at tenths while you guys are scalping seconds 🤯. The first corner is still messing with me a bit. Are ya'll engine braking simultaneously with pedal braking? I've noticed I can brake later if I shift down to 2nd right away.
The shift to second gives me that oversteer that aims me out the apex so I try and shift right where I want to kick around. Braking in third feels smoother and less likely to induce oversteer too early as well. I drive like a jerk mostly though and am faster tail out most times. I know not everyone is. I find it's a lot like driving on the snow and the physics of that, just very muted in comparison. Good luck. I know you can drive this car fast. It's your style.

ooooffff..... no improvement this morning. Did a bunch of 18.7s and .8s and a couple of potential .4s, but threw away at the last corner. Appearantly I hade forgoten how to take that corner 🤧
Then you have an advantage on me.............., i haven't found out yet even how to take it :lol: :lol: :lol: somany faster laps this morning died at the last corner....., sometimes the brick just won't rotate :lol::lol:

Not as fast as some beloved human friends here but I'm very happy with this other tenth shaved with the Roadster...

1000006573.jpg

My optimal is now very promising. As you imagine, I'm very motivated to keep on this TT to stay at this uncredible ranking.

Sorry guys, I won't give more information here, as there are some too curious German eyes in this thread.... :lol::dopey:

#KeepPushing

Last edited:
Thanks a lot my friend. I hope to also be under 1'19. I can negotiate the first corner well now but the last corner I negotiate poorly and lose a lot of speed by braking a little too hard.
Yes mon ami, we are many to face the same stress on the same points (the first and the last corners).
Congrats for your 1:19.299, it's very promissing for the sub 19!!

Back