Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,371 comments
Seems like everyone here is getting probed and flirting with alien times. Good job, all!

Today I was back at DTG, Day 4.

I think I'm at my limit here. My lap today was just about on top on my optimal. So miracle lap achieved! Not sure if I can do what's required to get any quicker.

18dd78bf1ab18-screenshotUrl.jpg

Only thing I can think of is putting on a fresh livery!

Might get into the 51's, if I do! :lol:

18dd78ada0143-screenshotUrl.jpg
18dd78bbe8858-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's the replay.

I don't quite get the first sausage in the chicane, but I think getting the second sausage correct is more important so your exit speed is higher for the final turn and front straight.

The Ford Roadster trial is pretty fun, although the car doesn't have any kind of tachometer on the dashboard, so I have to shift by sound in VR. Fortunately the car has 3 gears and you only need to use 2 so it's not really an issue :D

Managed to get into the top 10 (for now). My opt is in the 1:18.1s, so gonna try to push it there later.

Screenshot_2024-02-24-00-19-19-80_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

The Ford Roadster trial is pretty fun, although the car doesn't have any kind of tachometer on the dashboard, so I have to shift by sound in VR. Fortunately the car has 3 gears and you only need to use 2 so it's not really an issue :D

Managed to get into the top 10 (for now). My opt is in the 1:18.1s, so gonna try to push it there later.

View attachment 1330833

That is very impressive, I’ve been changing up from 2nd to 3rd too late and will work on it.
Great lap.

Genuinely surprised I dropped into the 18's tonight. I would have preferred my previous lap's first sector was on my fast lap (.2 flat), but the rest of the lap was fairly fast and I finally got a decent run through the final turn.
IMG_2903.jpg

Fun fact: As of this post, there are 5 members who visit this thread at least occasionally if not somewhat often in the top 10 - @EbrahimX7, N.Apostolopoulos/Willful-Underdog (apologies I'm not remembering the exact GTP username), @Metalgear9493, @Tidgney, and @djolliea (6 if you count Doodle). Another in the top 15 - @Boabdulrahman. 3 more in the top 50 - @Ed_Night, @Evilmuffin, and @Stormbreaker. And and additional 3 in the top 100 - @Gomario JSP, @AE-Drifting, and @Nebuc72. Apologies if I have missed anyone else.

And I fully expect at least a couple more to make it up there before the TT is over - @NAXEHT and @TumeK5.

GTPlaneteers are insanely fast! 👽:eek::crazy::bowdown:

Genuinely surprised I dropped into the 18's tonight. I would have preferred my previous lap's first sector was on my fast lap (.2 flat), but the rest of the lap was fairly fast and I finally got a decent run through the final turn.
View attachment 1330850

Fun fact: As of this post, there are 5 members who visit this thread at least occasionally if not somewhat often in the top 10 - @EbrahimX7, N.Apostolopoulos/Willful-Underdog (apologies I'm not remembering the exact GTP username), @Metalgear9493, @Tidgney, and @djolliea (6 if you count Doodle). Another in the top 15 - @Boabdulrahman. 3 more in the top 50 - @Ed_Night, @Evilmuffin, and @Stormbreaker. And and additional 3 in the top 100 - @Gomario JSP, @AE-Drifting, and @Nebuc72. Apologies if I have missed anyone else.

And I fully expect at least a couple more to make it up there before the TT is over - @NAXEHT and @TumeK5.

GTPlaneteers are insanely fast! 👽:eek::crazy::bowdown:

I can imagine the turn 1, 2, 3 combo is a nightmare for controller user. Not sure it will help, but you can overlay some throttle beofre you completely release the brakes to control the oversteer. The final turn, you were braking a bit too hard so the car understeer badly and lost a lot of time. I never use 100% braking for that turn....try using 90% instead and brake a car length before the 100 board.....see if it helps.

Last edited:
I went back to Grand Valley and got to improve my time there to a thin gold even though my lap wasn't anything someone could call it perfect.

Maybe there's margin for me to get a safe gold later on.

18dd8a95cf235-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437435648278576_1708733001088.jpg

Trail braking this old car in the T1 is an awful experience 😂 and also I found myself upshifting to an imaginary 4th gear many many times in the main straight. 😂😂😂

I can imagine the turn 1, 2, 3 combo is a nightmare for controller user. Not sure it will help, but you can overlay some throttle beofre you completely release the brakes to control the oversteer. The final turn, you were braking a bit too hard so the car understeer badly and lost a lot of time. I never use 100% braking for that turn....try using 90% instead and brake a car length before the 100 board.....see if it helps.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how much more time I'll spend on the TT, but I will follow those tips when I do attempt again. :)
@Dolph Drago Well, if you know me, you know I don't tend to grind for top times. :lol:

I think I'll just grab golds as usual and move on.
Yeah, you don't need to grind. You just casually put up a top 50 lap within 5-10 minutes. :lol:

This is a car that likes ABS at default, though shouldn’t there be like no AB’s at all? Anyway once I got to grips with it, this appears to be one of the easier TTs.
View attachment 1330867

I did my (final corner bottled) lap using ABS on weak. I rarely use default as I like to manipulate the car during the end of the braking zone. Weak setting allows this.

This is a car that likes ABS at default, though shouldn’t there be like no AB’s at all? Anyway once I got to grips with it, this appears to be one of the easier TTs.
View attachment 1330867
I fully support that cars with no ABS should be no ABS in the game too. Will add next level fun to the TT. PD should think outside the box sometimes, but unfortunately their box is sealed with super glue 😅

I did my (final corner bottled) lap using ABS on weak. I rarely use default as I like to manipulate the car during the end of the braking zone. Weak setting allows this.

I usually use weak but it wasn’t working for me. But now I’ve some laps under my belt on my alt account (which is now 1:19.234) I’ll stay with week on the main account and try that.

Perhaps I’ll try, no abs just to see how often I crash? 💥

IMG_7839.jpeg

Edit: @EbrahimX7 do you ever get bored having your name always at the top of the board? 😂

Last edited:
Ok challenge time. As this is an easy TT, everyone should try this ABS off - just like an original roadster.

I took me a bit of work to adjust but if you get it right the car actually appears to slow down quicker. Of course it’s also easy to not get it right.

This is my current (no ABS) best time after about 20 laps.
IMG_7840.jpeg

Last edited:
Damned, the WR is now under 1:18... :irked:

Thanks @Evilmuffin for your advices, I'll see how I can improve my lap with (the final turn, mainly).
Thanks @TheNormsk for the tip about ABS, I'll test it too.

Congrats everyone here for your magnificient scores on this funny TT!!

Have not tried it with weak. That will probably yield you the best time. My alt account I switched to default as I was figuring the car out. Never got round to switching it back as I got a good time (not me).

On my main account, after the discussion above I went right to no ABS just to see if I could. And I did, but it’s 1/2s slower than my best.

Last edited:
I can imagine the turn 1, 2, 3 combo is a nightmare for controller user.
I would reply with @TumeK5 answer:
Yep, nothing but a daydream ;)
:D

Not sure it will help, but you can overlay some throttle beofre you completely release the brakes to control the oversteer. The final turn, you were braking a bit too hard so the car understeer badly and lost a lot of time. I never use 100% braking for that turn....try using 90% instead and brake a car length before the 100 board.....see if it helps.
That's precisly what @Mistah_MCA recommend too:

Jeeezzz GT planet is on fire here 😂😂
And what a strong time there @Evilmuffin I can't realy follow you anymore here ...
I can't seem to find the delicate input for the last turn, had my optimum in the high .4xx this morning but could not make it work 😡😂

I did regain some possitions with it the top 100, but hell no that's going to stick on the first page 😂😂

My real goal today was beeing faster with my hideous new livery...... so I'll be the only pink mf in the top 100 😂😂, so mission succeed..

I give you......Pinky

1000017504.jpg

1000017505.jpg

@Dolph Drago I think almost all your time lies in S1.... key is beeing as close to the wall as possible , I brake when the tunnel exit is fully shown en try to trailbrake into that slide which sweeps you around that wall, not the easiest on controller for me tho..... but that's easly 2 tenths right there!

Last corner I still have no clue, and I did stuff it up on my pb lap..... I just dont want to think what that time could have been......😡😂😂

Back