Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,365 comments
Ohhhh, if I only would put it togheter

20240301_195947.jpg

Yesterday i was struggling in sector 2 and 3
Today i suck in sector 1

Session from a few days ago... not very good...
View attachment 1333046

Not even able to go in the 1:20s... No comment (record being 1:20.760)

Session from tonight :

View attachment 1333047

Better consistency. Record not beaten but with some work I know I can squeeze some tenths.
GO GO GO !!!
I know you can gold this TT, you can do it.

I'm down into the 45's at RBR. But a missed apex in turn 3, deep slide into turn 4, and failing to get onto the gas earlier in the final turn kept me back. If I'm honest, I didn't put a whole lot of time into either of my first two sessions so far. RBR can get tiring and frustrating pretty quickly for me.
IMG_2927.jpg

And as usual, there are a certain three of us together on my friends leaderboard. It never fails (unless it's Grand Valley which I haven't been back to in quite a few days). :lol: @Evilmuffin and I may have some work to reel in @Gomario JSP. :mischievous:
IMG_2928.jpg

Last edited:
Many positive points here after 3 "painful" sessions on RBR.

1. Improvement of my PB at 1:47.917 (gained 0.047.... :odd:). Still not a safe gold but it's a bit more decent.

Below, a typical session (I'm not yet proud of it):

View attachment 1332988

2. If someone needs an invalidated 1:47.9xx lap, I have tons to offer. Glad to help a bro!

3. I would sign immediatly if my optimal 1:47.466 would be my final score

4. My leaderbord is very friendly: French, Brazilian, Croatian, Austrian, Greek, Italian, etc. and no Brits yet :sly:

View attachment 1332989
This Brit will join the fun on Sunday 😁

I'm down into the 45's at RBR. But a missed apex in turn 3, deep slide into turn 4, and failing to get onto the gas earlier in the final turn kept me back. If I'm honest, I didn't put a whole lot of time into either of my first two sessions so far. RBR can get tiring and frustrating pretty quickly for me.
View attachment 1333065

And as usual, there are a certain three of us together on my friends leaderboard. It never fails (unless it's Grand Valley which I haven't been back to in quite a few days). :lol: @Evilmuffin and I may have some work to reel in @Gomario JSP. :mischievous:
View attachment 1333066

And as usual it will probably not take long before I dive down my own board because You or Muffin miraculously found a gazillion tenths on me 😂😂

Thanks for the reply mate. I'll pay more attention to my brake input next time.

The way I'm doing I'm trying too many throttle inputs (half throttle, tapping it, pressing it and release it. I'm trying them all 😃) to stick the Evo on the apex and accelerate as soon as possible.
I'm basically breaking, turning and operating the throttle to hit the apex.

Maybe there's more car control on the breaks than on the throttle? Making it more a "break and kind of coast" turn? If that makes sense.
There's alot more on the entrance to the corner in this car, I had a play around with turn 1 for awhile. Like I saw a massive difference between staying in 3rd gear for a bit longer into turn 1 (This was bad) compared to going to 3rd then upto 4th as I began turning, meant the car was a bit safer but it felt like it turned in better to.

There's alot more on the entrance to the corner in this car, I had a play around with turn 1 for awhile. Like I saw a massive difference between staying in 3rd gear for a bit longer into turn 1 (This was bad) compared to going to 3rd then upto 4th as I began turning, meant the car was a bit safer but it felt like it turned in better to.
Thank you for those nuggets of info in the track guide video. The advise on staying in higher gear was the most valuable and helped me get to gold in quick order - once I stoped invalidating every lap with track limit penalties!

I just don't understand how and why this Lancer Evo TT clicked so right to me. The Gran Turismo gods work in mysterious ways.

I had a short stint of laps and after 10 laps I managed to get 47.6. Being that 0.3 of "Evolution" compared to yesterday.

Pause for a cup of coffe, then one more round of laps and I decided to change my approach to T3. Instead of exiting it in 2nd (as I did before) I shifted down to 2nd during the breaking and then upshifted to 3rd when hitting the throttle on my way out. That alone shaved 0.2 from my previous PB.

Not only I'm happy with the results as I'm surprised how this TT clicked for me.

18dfc761e7161-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437590409903367_1709337538685.jpg

20970773468360757.jpg

Both best laps (47.6 and 47.4) of today's session shared.

PS: thanks everybody who added me on psn today and thanks @Tidgney for your replies and inputs shared.

Last edited:
Knocked out some laps at RBR and GV this morning. Today was my first crack at both of them.

EVO - RBR

I wasn't looking forward to RBR, but I was very much anticipating the EVO. I was able to get gold in two laps (I already saw Tidge's video, so I cheated), but was more concerned about getting into the 46's at least. Sharpening the corners of this track and driving on curbing isn't usually my idea of the best time, and I'm just not the best here, but this session was fun and the EVO proves to be just as sharp as I hoped it would be.

RBR just doesn't have a flow to it. I struggle with turn 2, and the 5-6-7 complex. Everything is at strange cambers and the apexes are in wonky places. I'm also getting used to the EVO, and it still has more in it than I'm getting out of it. Might go back to this one, but we'll see.

EVO TT.png

'34 Roadster - Grand Valley

So many of you guys are super fast here! Gold came quick in this one as well, but '19s was the target. The Ford handles surprisingly well on these SS tires, but it would be nice if the rear would come around a bit more. Seems like the fast way through some of the slower corners is to unsettle the car and chuck it in. I didn't put too much time into this one, but it's a decent TT.

34 Ford TT.png

GT7 felt like it was missing a limb without the EVO 9. They are such an iconic car, handle so well and look amazing. I had the pleasure of getting a lot of seat time in a EVO 9 MR my buddy used to own, and now I can get a little taste of that same car again. I used it in the 550 race at Laguna and as I spend more time with it I am reminded how precise it is, and that it responds really well to being wrung out by the scruff of the neck too (just like IRL). I just had to go and buy 3 of them so I have a street, track rat, and rally version of it.

Last edited:
18dfceefc1a99-screenshotUrl.jpg
18dfcef128397-screenshotUrl.jpg

Given that my opt time is 0.1 faster than my time, I'd say I'm pretty maxed out. This combo is really satisfying to nail. Every corner feels like you're waiting for some sort of 'secondary grip' to kick in before you can smash the turbo pedal again. Loving this combo 💪🏻. I don't think I've been this high up in the ranking before but it's still early days. Good luck everyone!

Well off I go on my quest for silver in my Ford Roadster. I will keep you all posted on my progress over this weekend. So, good luck to all of you.

EDIT: I'm down to 1'23.088, after 4 more laps just now.
EDIT2: Yes, 1'22.268, I'm getting closer to the silver target.

Final edit: 1'22.106, I'm going to eat dinner, so I'll check in later. I know I got this, for silver, maybe gold!?

Last edited:
I just don't understand how and why this Lancer Evo TT clicked so right to me. The Gran Turismo gods work in mysterious ways.

I had a short stint of laps and after 10 laps I managed to get 47.6. Being that 0.3 of "Evolution" compared to yesterday.

Pause for a cup of coffe, then one more round of laps and I decided to change my approach to T3. Instead of exiting it in 2nd (as I did before) I shifted down to 2nd during the breaking and then upshifted to 3rd when hitting the throttle on my way out. That alone shaved 0.2 from my previous PB.

Not only I'm happy with the results as I'm surprised how this TT clicked for me.

View attachment 1333128
View attachment 1333129

Both best laps (47.6 and 47.4) of today's session shared.

PS: thanks everybody who added me on psn today and thanks @Tidgney for your replies and inputs shared.
WOW BRAVO !!!
That's really impressive and thanks to your perseverance and your work, you totally deserve this brilliant result.

I'll watch @Tidgney 's guide and try to follow your path, now ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for those nuggets of info in the track guide video. The advise on staying in higher gear was the most valuable and helped me get to gold in quick order - once I stoped invalidating every lap with track limit penalties!
Ye the invalidation of penalties was very frustrating when I was trying turn 1 specifically 😂 . But honestly no worries I try and get the extra little bits in the guide that can just help that bit further.

I am usually quite a bit off the pace on street cars but the EVO is indeed lovely to drive. The car feels much quicker than its power/weight suggests and the lift-off oversteer/under braking makes thing interesting. 1:46.195 is the best I can manage for now but there is lots of time to be shaved off literally everywhere of the lap! Recommendations are welcomed.

IMG_8605.JPG

IMG_8606.JPG

I am usually quite a bit off the pace on street cars but the EVO is indeed lovely to drive. The car feels much quicker than its power/weight suggests and the lift-off oversteer/under braking makes thing interesting. 1:46.195 is the best I can manage for now but there is lots of time to be shaved off literally everywhere of the lap! Recommendations are welcomed.

View attachment 1333178
View attachment 1333179

Great lap! Almost into the 45's 😁

If I may suggest 😁

1000017738.png

T4 brake a little later and enginebrake on 2nd gear, then asap on apex to 3th and exit in 3th

Then rev 4th out all the way to just before the 50 board on T6 hard on the brakes for some lift off rotation.

Easy 45's right there!

While everyone else is throwing the Evo around RBR, I followed my pursuit to secure a top 200 time at Grand Valley, and got myself one "hell" of a time.

1709375338177.png

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Don't know if this will hold, but being under 1% is also a very significant achievement for me, so I could happily move on, IF that hadn't happened:

1709377782810.png

And that session didn't even have my best sector 1, I've been under 28 seconds before. So yeah, I'll probably squeeze as much as I can out of the Roadster before moving on to Austria. Good luck everyone!

Man that last corner hunts me, tried 200km this morning trying to even get close to @Ed_Night ......that was quite a lap mate!

Best I could do was a low .6 😡😂😂

Stole a few places back in the top 100 but there is def more room!

View attachment 1333173

Must have been the hood 😂

View attachment 1333175
I think this one is yours 🤧

I might be able to get to high or mid 1:45.6s if I optimal all the sectors, but anything beyond will require a bit of miracle.

Last edited:
WOW BRAVO !!!
That's really impressive and thanks to your perseverance and your work, you totally deserve this brilliant result.

I'll watch @Tidgney 's guide and try to follow your path, now ;)
Merci my friend!

I'm sure your improvement is coming soon! You can do it! Stay on it and this TT will unlock to you too!

As the Britains used to say "keep calm...." Oh, wait! Never mind. 😅😅😅😅

Back from my travels yesterday, collected Cr. 250k for the Mercedes TT (thanks!) and gave RBR a go.
Also tried to improve my time with the Ford.... but failed. Safe bronze but silver is far away so will probably give up with that one.

Noted some stunning times posted at RBR.... well done!

Back