Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,361 comments
Damn it. I forget. This one gear selection is pretty important.
No problem my friend, really :)
I know on some TTS, MT is crucial and I accept to be slower than my usual "partners in crime". C'est la vie :)

The positive point is I must improve my braking points and keep the most perfect lines as possible to stay on the run (or not too far from decent scores).

T6 and T7 are turns that I don't understand.

@Tidgney suggests to take them on 4th gear but I don't get the car to turn and hit the right exit position unless I shift down to 3rd.

Even if it's a momentary 3rd just enough to cause a brief oversteer, it is still 0.1 or maybe even 0.2 lost. Or I can break super earlier, mantain the 4th but doing this I loose exit speed as well, because it seems like forever to position the car right.

View attachment 1332944
Turn 6 is an interesting corner, same as turn 7 but 7 is a bit easer in my opinion. But when you brake into 6 when the car begins to oversteer just come off the brakes a little bit then release it should just turn in? Unless you're already doing that of course. But if you're just after getting Gold 3rd can be done on that corner absolutely fine, 4th only becomes a necessity if aiming towards the top of the board.

Turn 6 is an interesting corner, same as turn 7 but 7 is a bit easer in my opinion. But when you brake into 6 when the car begins to oversteer just come off the brakes a little bit then release it should just turn in? Unless you're already doing that of course. But if you're just after getting Gold 3rd can be done on that corner absolutely fine, 4th only becomes a necessity if aiming towards the top of the board.
Thanks for the reply mate. I'll pay more attention to my brake input next time.

The way I'm doing I'm trying too many throttle inputs (half throttle, tapping it, pressing it and release it. I'm trying them all 😃) to stick the Evo on the apex and accelerate as soon as possible.
I'm basically breaking, turning and operating the throttle to hit the apex.

Maybe there's more car control on the breaks than on the throttle? Making it more a "break and kind of coast" turn? If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply mate. I'll pay more attention to my brake input next time.

The way I'm doing I'm trying too many throttle inputs (half throttle, tapping it, pressing it and release it. I'm trying them all 😃) to stick the Evo on the apex and accelerate as soon as possible.
I'm basically breaking, turning and operating the throttle to hit the apex.

Maybe there's more car control on the breaks than on the throttle? Making it more a "break and kind of coast" turn? If that makes sense.
So how are you coming along at the new Red Bull ring TT? Do you have a replay that I can see because I'm gonna try it tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
This car steers with the brakes on or off throttle. It's awesome but it's touchy and requires very light touch while being aggressive. It's weird but super fun when you understand it.
Thanks mate for the insight. I'll keep that in mind next time I tackle the TT. I believe that can change my middle sector. (For better times)
So how are you coming along at the new Red Bull ring TT? Do you have a replay that I can see because I'm gonna try it tonight or tomorrow.
Hello Chris! Right now I'm in the gold zone. By 0.1. It's a thin gold and I'm looking forward to improve it and get a safe time (me and my French friend @Pesselles) Middle sector seems to me where I have to improve. Other than that I have to keep nailing T1 and the T9 and T10. Those turns were where I kept gaining time over my previous PB.

I'm happy and surprised that I could get into gold right in the 1st day.

Feel free to add me on PSN and check my ghost.

psn: blacksky37

You can find my shared itens using my psn name as a tag. When I remember I also tag my itens using "gtp".

Thanks mate for the insight. I'll keep that in mind next time I tackle the TT. I believe that can change my middle sector. (For better times)

Hello Chris! Right now I'm in the gold zone. By 0.1. It's a thin gold and I'm looking forward to improve it and get a safe time (me and my French friend @Pesselles) Middle sector seems to me where I have to improve. Other than that I have to keep nailing T1 and the T9 and T10. Those turns were where I kept gaining time over my previous PB.

I'm happy and surprised that I could get into gold right in the 1st day.

Feel free to add me on PSN and check my ghost.

psn: blacksky37

You can find my shared itens using my psn name as a tag. When I remember I also tag my itens using "gtp".
I send you a friend request. Hope you accept it.

I love this 4 wheel drift machine TT so so so much!

IMG_0201.jpeg

Many positive points here after 3 "painful" sessions on RBR.

1. Improvement of my PB at 1:47.917 (gained 0.047.... :odd:). Still not a safe gold but it's a bit more decent.

Below, a typical session (I'm not yet proud of it):

1709308312748.png

2. If someone needs an invalidated 1:47.9xx lap, I have tons to offer. Glad to help a bro!

3. I would sign immediatly if my optimal 1:47.466 would be my final score

4. My leaderbord is very friendly: French, Brazilian, Croatian, Austrian, Greek, Italian, etc. and no Brits yet :sly:

1709308376865.png

Back