• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,374 comments
1:49.702 - my lap
1:49.717 - new gold

sweating key and peele GIF

Update:
I'm still alive :mad:

Last edited:
I've finally dipped into the 47 club with a 1:47.959. I was .25 slower in the first sector than my best though. I've just watched the top time replay as well and have some ideas of where to improve. I'd like to be top 250 again if I can, been near there for the last 2 road cars on SH tyres. 392nd as of right now.

Yeah... I don't know either how to share ghost on leaderboard. But if you shared with some keywords, if we know keywords we maybe can find it.
I have VERY descriptive keywords of timetrial, r34, and interlagos. Good luck. :lol:

Actually, I just tried searching in the Showcase. I did a content search for replays and keyword 'timetrial'. It is far right on the second row (at least when I search). It's far left second row if you filter for Autodromo de Interlagos.

I really don’t know how you all do it. I try and follow these guides with the breaking and turning references but I feel like I am always losing tons of time to wheel spin. Turn 1 is a good example as I am constantly losing grip in the left hander and then I’m nowhere near the right placement on the track for the right hander.

Best I have managed so far is a 1:51:4xx. I feel like I’m losing close to a full second in the first sector with said wheelspin so hopefully I can iron it out and get close to gold. I’m gonna keep trying but I feel like I’m just bashing my head into a wall at this point.

I really don’t know how you all do it. I try and follow these guides with the breaking and turning references but I feel like I am always losing tons of time to wheel spin. Turn 1 is a good example as I am constantly losing grip in the left hander and then I’m nowhere near the right placement on the track for the right hander.

Best I have managed so far is a 1:51:4xx. I feel like I’m losing close to a full second in the first sector with said wheelspin so hopefully I can iron it out and get close to gold. I’m gonna keep trying but I feel like I’m just bashing my head into a wall at this point.
Maybe move your braking point a few metres earlier to make sure youve got the speed down for turn in, use 3rd to exit turn 1 and short shift to 4th as you cut the apex of T2, slightest of lifts here too. Try to have the car straight with little steering input when you apply the throttle.

Oh my God, I hate this car in this stock state, with these tyres. It feels like driving in slow motion on a wet track. Like trying to run in your dream. Horrible. I gave up on chasing gold just because I'm so frustrated. :grumpy: I have golded most challenges, especially with the proper racing cars, but this is not for me...

I've been bashing away at this off and on for a while. And I've just nipped it down to a 48.903.

If you've got the spots down then the tips I can give you are to often get off the brake slightly earlier as it can help the turn in. Coasting in some spots for a split second can help with stability. Also I'm on DS4 and found that going half throttle for an instant before full throttle seemed to cut down on the wheelspin. That and using the minimal amount of steering input you can. For instance at turn 3 I'm never at full lock.

The other thing is that this car likes a bit of a wrestling match. No matter how well you get it lined up, for some corners it's a bit of a wiggle as you get it settled but the 4wd helps. Honestly, I'm still guessing at turn 12 myself every lap anyway.

Good luck and keep at it.

I've been bashing away at this off and on for a while. And I've just nipped it down to a 48.903.

If you've got the spots down then the tips I can give you are to often get off the brake slightly earlier as it can help the turn in. Coasting in some spots for a split second can help with stability. Also I'm on DS4 and found that going half throttle for an instant before full throttle seemed to cut down on the wheelspin. That and using the minimal amount of steering input you can. For instance at turn 3 I'm never at full lock.

The other thing is that this car likes a bit of a wrestling match. No matter how well you get it lined up, for some corners it's a bit of a wiggle as you get it settled but the 4wd helps. Honestly, I'm still guessing at turn 12 myself every lap anyway.

And don't forget to shortshift. A lot. Even though it feels very counter-intuitive, as one might feel the urge to get some power onto the tarmac. For example: T1: 3rd gear, not second. T2: already shift into 4th gear while turning in, T3: downshift to 3rd gear to get rotation, but upshift to 4th gear as soon as possible before smashing the throttle. Infield: down to 2nd gear only for braking and rotation, the acceleration parts work better in 3rd gear. Final left-hander: stay in 3rd gear or upshift to 3rd gear before or while turning in.

Since you're on DS4, are you using countersteer aid off, weak or strong? What about the steering sensitivity from 0 to 10?

Yep, dont really get why PD loves these no grip events? Its like mandatory stupid chicane or no grip 😂

So why?? No idea.

My best time is now 1:48.026, optimum was 47.5. Only thing is, this kind of tt's will become boring really fast, so not going to chase that optimum.

Yep, dont really get why PD loves these no grip events? Its like mandatory stupid chicane or no grip 😂

So why?? No idea.

I have one: because there's a great variety of cars in GT7 which drive very differently. So every TT is kind of a new experience. PD misses the mark in several areas, but here they get it right in my humble opinion. There are so many Gr3 and Gr4 events in daily races, so I appreciate it that the TTs are not just a variation of daily race qualifying. And road cars have always been a big part of the GT series, so why not drive them in competitive events?*

(*which means, I would love to also see some one-make daily races with road cars from time to time.)

Last edited:
Tbh I really like the road car TT... mainly because I seem to be a lot better at them! Not sure why...

Me too, first lap I was complaining about the traction etc, but a few laps in and I loved it, the car is rather good controlable under power, once you master it it drives very wel!,

But I can understand that some people have trouble with it,especially who runs with aids, I tried to run a few laps with all aids on this morning, ASM and CST .....🤣, oef....that's bad 🤣, and no where near my fastest time

Still happy with my 1.60% 😃

Tbh I really like the road car TT... mainly because I seem to be a lot better at them! Not sure why...
Same here. Or the other way round: The faster it gets, the worse I am. In race A, I've been mostly at least in the top 200 in recent weeks. Gr4 cars, lately usually in the top 1000. Gr3, I have to be lucky to be in the 5000. Don't even talk about anything faster.

Hmm, I definitely need a Fiat 500 race for the next TT. 😆

Since you're on DS4, are you using countersteer aid off, weak or strong? What about the steering sensitivity from 0 to 10?
Only thing I have on is ABS on default. Not my original style but after running a league where all that was banned I got used to it. Using the triggers for throttle means there is a bit of pumping the gas to get grip. Also why it's hard to take a minimal steering angle.
I can't remember what my steering is. Think it's on 2.

After yielding a 1.50.3xx after my first session on this TT earlier in the week, decided I hate this combo (dislike track, can't deal with the R34 with stock settings) but totally willing to persevere.

My main obstacle was that my best time was achieved from a sub optimal run up to the line and thereafter I couldn't manage to replicate the rest of the lap. Penalties were getting me down, stupid mistakes with my line and breaking points were getting me down. I had to step away.

I came back this afternoon and finally managed to break into Gold territory.

1.49.5xx and hopefully enough to keep me there, because I really don't have the patience or motivation to go again.

#ds4family 🎮

Me too, first lap I was complaining about the traction etc, but a few laps in and I loved it, the car is rather good controlable under power, once you master it it drives very wel!,

But I can understand that some people have trouble with it,especially who runs with aids, I tried to run a few laps with all aids on this morning, ASM and CST .....🤣, oef....that's bad 🤣, and no where near my fastest time

Still happy with my 1.60%

I prefer the road car ones to be honest, does feel more of an achievement when I do well.
Been having a go with the motion control, got 1:55ish, had a go with the stick, kept trying to use my controller as a wheel.

Now I cant do either😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Coming back to GT7 again after several weeks definitely feels strange for the first few minutes. The R34 felt like a total mess with poor braking performance and less than optimal rear grip, however once I figured it out I was able to beat the gold time. I could've got a bit more out of it if I didn't muck up the last corner but anyway, I still managed a 1:49.504.

Just wanted to get into the 1.47s.
Was stuck at 1.48.3xx for awhile, today barely got to 1.48.2xx.

Then tried turning on ASM as some folks suggested and got exactly 1.48.000. Why not 0.00.001 faster cmon. 😭
interlagos-1.48.000.png

Not sure if ASM is what did it (highly doubt it). Will turn it back off as I try to reach 1.47.xxx. 😵

Back