Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,847 comments
I think we all agree here there no such thing as hardware miracle. Better hardware will probably make it slightly easier to achieve BP, and in certain car/track combos hold a 10th or 2 advantage. However, it will never make you 2 or 3 seconds quicker just by switching controller/wheel.
indeed, that only aplies to you with that new setup :grumpy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But indeed, agreed 100%

Ah, I really gotta get around to trying the Lancer Evo IX @ RBR time trial, so that's definitely something I'll do today, especially since I wanna be able to potentially buy both the Ferrari 330 P4 and the Plum Crazy Dodge Challenger currently in the LCD.

I think we all agree here there no such thing as hardware miracle. Better hardware will probably make it slightly easier to achieve BP, and in certain car/track combos hold a 10th or 2 advantage. However, it will never make you 2 or 3 seconds quicker just by switching controller/wheel.
I dunno... I was able to get 2 golds with a controller. I think since starting with the wheel I've only missed one. I'm sure with more practice I could be better with a DS5 but (for me) the wheel makes it so much easier and more enjoyable to grind. So maybe it's not a skill thing with a chosen controller but just a matter of comfort and being able to put in time.

I dunno... I was able to get 2 golds with a controller. I think since starting with the wheel I've only missed one. I'm sure with more practice I could be better with a DS5 but (for me) the wheel makes it so much easier and more enjoyable to grind. So maybe it's not a skill thing with a chosen controller but just a matter of comfort and being able to put in time.
I suppose there is an enjoyment factor too. Wheel is definitely more enjoyable than controller and I ended up playing more compared to when I was playing with just controller. Same with VR.

And of cause...the more you do something, the better you get :D

Completely off feels flappy as if they don't even stay in place for me. Weak in game and weak in PS5 settings is like off but with little feedback and minimal force behind it. I can really recommend trying that.

I still use a DS4 at times (not with the PS5 but with games on my tablet and laptop) and the triggers feel about the same as the dualsense without haptics so I guess I'm just used to it.

When I use the dualsense I turn the haptics on the triggers off completely. It feels weird and annoying to me...
I like the haptic feedback but have it set to low so it's not too strong.

Bought myself a Razer Wolverine V2 Pro (until december I was a main Xbox player) because I had real problems with the sticks on the Sony controller but the Razer has no haptic and no vibration at all which really bugs me.

After a couple of weeks I feel more comfortable with the Sony controller and now that 250€ controller is collecting dust 🤣

Sometimes I use the DualSense Edge for GT but since I push the sticks really hard sometimes I usually try not to use it just to not break it 😂

After spending £200 I use mine as much as possible.
Being able to swap out the sticks (or just swap over left & right) when they fail is a nice bonus.
Good point. Had the same thing with the Elite 1 & 2 on Xbox too. Buy a expensive controller and barely use it because I don't want to break it.
Kinda stupid when I think about it 😅

Great time, it's nice to see you back. Last time we talked was when the Bathhurst TT was taking place. I may have to face the fact that I don't have any extra time this week, I'll probably be earning bronze on the RBR time trial, 1'50.408. I was so close to silver, but since I got the gold medal at GV, I guess I can let this slide. I have to move on to Le Mans this weekend in the Veyron. So wish me the best of luck there. I know it's gonna be a hard one to earn gold on.
Good luck man. The best way to measure yourself is if you're improving from TT to TT. If you keep pushing, learning, and working on your technique, you'll soon find that the golds will come easier. You will also find that some TTs are easier than others depending on how the combo lines up with your skillset, so don't be discouraged if you hit a hard one. In that case, focus on what skill is needed for that combo that you need to develop.

Good luck with the Veyron!

The sticks are replaceable :cheers:
The stig is definitely replaceable, but I didn't know it comes in different color 🤪
1000064666.jpg

Finally got around to doing the time trial featuring the Lancer Evo IX @ RBR, and I feel like I got a very solid time - not even two tenths off gold range, resulting in a time that's only 3.18% off the top. I must've put over 50 miles on my rental in total, but I don't think I have enough time today to truly try breaking into gold range, especially since I also plan to do the first race of the GTWS Exhibition Series Manufacturers Cup later today.

As far as the hardware discussion goes. It really comes down to what you enjoy.

I personally got my set up because I was pretty bored with the GT franchise after 6 on pad but I didn't have the means to afford a good rig and wheel back then.

Since getting my rig (Logitech PRO wheel and pedals, PSVR2), I look forward to hopping in the seat each day for an hour or two. It's the things that allow you to put in the time that leads you to improve your skills.

If you can do that with a pad, that's fantastic. And you saved a ton of money.

Small test today at Le Mans but I couldn't improve my time of 4'19'290. Too many errors still on certain sections but I'm still happy because it's a long circuit where it's hard to be consistent and efficient throughout (at least for me). But my ranking (1 559th) satisfies me even if my wish would be to be under 4'19. My ranking also on the RBR (1 228th) also satisfies me and I will not go back there.
The wish I expressed in @Pesselles 's thread (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-are-your-2024-gt7-goals.424793/post-14163354) was to be in the first 1,000 in all TTs this year. I think I set the bar a little high. 🤣🤣🤣
But with an average world ranking of 2,931st this year (from TT60 to TT68), my best world ranking of 561st (TT67), an average ranking in France of 203rd this year too, I am really satisfied with my results.
With RBR, I will obtain my 16th gold medal in a row out of the 37 obtained. I improved all my average rankings from last year. Of course being in the top 1000 is always my wish, but I'm not just a small human being 🤣🤣🤣
It's thanks to all of you here that I was able to improve so quickly. Talking about my rankings is not to brag, but just to show you that you all have something to do with it.
Thanks a lot at all :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:
Jérôme

As far as the hardware discussion goes. It really comes down to what you enjoy.

I personally got my set up because I was pretty bored with the GT franchise after 6 on pad but I didn't have the means to afford a good rig and wheel back then.

Since getting my rig (Logitech PRO wheel and pedals, PSVR2), I look forward to hopping in the seat each day for an hour or two. It's the things that allow you to put in the time that leads you to improve your skills.

If you can do that with a pad, that's fantastic. And you saved a ton of money.
I want a good Rig so bad but I don't have the space for it which really sucks. We have a spare room under the roof but when it gets warmer I would burn to a crisp up there 🥵

I want a good Rig so bad but I don't have the space for it which really sucks. We have a spare room under the roof but when it gets warmer I would burn to a crisp up there 🥵

I have no space myself that I can have any sort of permanent rig set up in. I just got a G29 wheel and I rigged up a little DIY foldable stand that I have the wheel on. I knew it needed to be easy to set up and tear down or I'd be too lazy to do it most of the time lol. I repurposed a frame from a walker (yep, a geriatric walker :lol: ) for the wheel stand and I got a little folding beach chair from Canadian Tire for the seat. It all ended up working out way better than it has any right to actually and I'm shockingly satisfied with the setup. I can setup/tear down in under 5 minutes and it fits in the closet when folded up.

One day, perhaps!

I believe it's worth the cost if you can afford it. Living by myself has the benefit of not having to accommodate someone else's space. But I still push my rig out of the way when I'm not using it. Only takes a couple mins to get set up.

My rig is exaxtly there, under the roof. In winter it can be pretty cold as there isn't a heater up there in summer I'm always scared some hobbits visit me and want to throw a ring in that room :D

I have no space myself that I can have any sort of permanent rig set up in. I just got a G29 wheel and I rigged up a little DIY foldable stand that I have the wheel on. I knew it needed to be easy to set up and tear down or I'd be too lazy to do it most of the time lol. I repurposed a frame from a walker (yep, a geriatric walker :lol: ) for the wheel stand and I got a little folding beach chair from Canadian Tire for the seat. It all ended up working out way better than it has any right to actually and I'm shockingly satisfied with the setup. I can setup/tear down in under 5 minutes and it fits in the closet when folded up.
This is DIY and certainly foldable 👀
1000064671.jpg

Latest Posts

Back