Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,148 comments
I'm interested in this. Both online nickname and PSN ID are DolphDrago.
share.jpg

Here it is. Not sure if that is what you meant for the second part, because gap to place 1,000 is just your place less 1,000.

View attachment 1211102
Haha... Yeah you are completely right, I haven't thought it through..
I guess I was thinking % of time from my place to #1000 but Nevermind, thank you very much, you gave me time in seconds and that is more than enough.

You are a star!

I've got all the data now and cleansed it (you'll see PD shows times such as 1:1.64 when it should be 01:01.064) so can do the stats for anyone. Only issue might be with non-roman characters or special characters - such as umlaut - but doable, so drop your name in here if you want a table like this one.

View attachment 1211083
So can I throw my request in here? I've been keeping track but didn't start doing so until the Vette at the Glen. I have two accounts if you wouldn't mind. PSN IDs below:

Primary: Talnz167
Secondary: Iceman5167

Thanks!

I've got all the data now and cleansed it (you'll see PD shows times such as 1:1.64 when it should be 01:01.064) so can do the stats for anyone. Only issue might be with non-roman characters or special characters - such as umlaut - but doable, so drop your name in here if you want a table like this one.

View attachment 1211083
Could you do "bandit"(nickname) please (all lower case),there is also a BANDIT (all upper case),not me,...Thanks.

Haha... Yeah you are completely right, I haven't thought it through..
I guess I was thinking % of time from my place to #1000 but Nevermind, thank you very much, you gave me time in seconds and that is more than enough.

You are a star!
There you go. You haven't been over 2% to 1,0000th since TT 6; nice progress.

share.jpg

So can I throw my request in here? I've been keeping track but didn't start doing so until the Vette at the Glen. I have two accounts if you wouldn't mind. PSN IDs below:

Primary: Talnz167
Secondary: Iceman5167

Thanks!
Names are GT7 nicknames rather than PSN IDs; neither Talnz167 nor Iceman5167 is there, so I made an educated guess these two might be yours. If not, share your GT7 nickname(s) and I'll correct these.

share.jpg

TT1.jpg

Could you do "bandit"(nickname) please (all lower case),there is also a BANDIT (all upper case),not me,...Thanks.
There are actually tons of Bandit/BANDIT (13 in the event that ended on Thursday), but no bandit other than in events 5, 6 and 7. I'll have to figure out a way to make the search case sensitive; it isn't now. Leave with me.

There are actually tons of Bandit/BANDIT (13 in the event that ended on Thursday), but no bandit other than in events 5, 6 and 7. I'll have to figure out a way to make the search case sensitive; it isn't now. Leave with me.
Ok, or "Kowalski__1"(psn) and if it helps i missed events 9 and 10.

@half_sourly Since you opened this can of worms, I’ll just bother you with one more request. If I could have the table of my friend erazer13 (E.Johansson), that’d be lovely. Thank you again!

Names are GT7 nicknames rather than PSN IDs; neither Talnz167 nor Iceman5167 is there, so I made an educated guess these two might be yours. If not, share your GT7 nickname(s) and I'll correct these.

View attachment 1211143

View attachment 1211144
Yep, that is right! They're in my sig. Regardless, thanks!

That one silver for the McLaren F1 car still stings. I was out of town on work travel when the aliens started dropping the times. :(

Well, scraped a bronze after 4 laps this morning - but only because the goalposts have moved? I'm sure bronze was within 10% of record, now it's 15% - or has my memory gone??? Got just under 1:10 which was just enough to get under 15%.
How those Alien racers get around in a minute is gobsmacking!

Last edited:
The fact that PD lists results by GT7 nickname (not unique) rather than PS names (unique) means that I can't provide statistics where a driver's GT7 nickname has also been used by someone else for that event.

But finding there were 13 BANDIT/Bandit names for TT 11 made me think, what are the most frequently used nicknames? So here goes. The top 40 results are for event 1, where there were 81,474 drivers (only one I ran because the countif function in Excel takes forever on a large dataset).

I thought it would be more interesting, but it is basically page 1 from "Name your Baby Boy!" until you get to the Top Gun crew (Iceman* and Maverick).

1. Alex - 145
2. Chris - 132
3. David - 81
4. Tom - 76
5. Mike - 72
6. Matt - 69
7. Andy - 64
8. Dan - 63
=9. Ben and Max - 60
11. Nick - 59
12. Nico - 55
13. Jack - 53
14. Daniel - 48
=15. Dave, Michael and Tony - 48
18. Marco - 47
=19. Jay and Ryan - 43
=21. Joe, Kevin and Steve - 41
=24. Danny and Rob - 39
26. Thomas - 38
27. Sam - 37
=28. Adam, Iceman, Jake and James - 36
32. Leo - 35
=33. John, Lucas, Maverick - 34
36. Ghost - 33
37. Josh, Manu, Seb - 32
40. Luke, Mark, Patrick - 31

* Yes, I know that is more likely to refer to Kimi.

Right, where did I leave my pipe and slippers?

Indeed. What's going here though!? Just laziness.

View attachment 1211198
Nah, the car/track combo didn't suit me very well.
The theory is I like the cars when the rear is very loose and you can sort of balance the car with the throttle (for example the Nissan Z performance one). This one was GT-R Gr4 on racing tyres. Too much grip, too much "point and shoot" kind of driving. :)
Ask @Doodle , he knows what I mean:P

Last edited:
Nah, the car/track combo didn't suit me very well.
The theory is I like the cars when the rear is very loose and you can sort of balance the car with the throttle (for example the Nissan Z performance one). This one was GT-R Gr4 on racing tyres. Too much grip, too much "point and shoot" kind of driving. :)
Ask @Doodle , he knows what I mean:P
I was kidding, but I'm sure you know. Those are incredibly good and consistent results. Setting a great example for the rest of us. :cheers:

Back