Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,909 comments
Lost couple of days to tackle nurb tt (was too stressed and tired to even fire up my wheel), but yesterday I decided to give it a try. Managed a short stint, and put close to silver time on board. That was my only valid lap for the night. After this lap I decided to go until I invalidate my lap. Didn't have to wait too long as I crashed into wall at flugplatz :). My time was 1.5s better at the moment, so it's safe to say that silver will be manageable. No idea If I can even get close to gold. Love the car - handles well and I know I can drive it faster, just need to put some time into it. Hate the track, always hated it up to the point that around gt5 I decided to learn it by heart :) and from the looks of it, right now I will learn how to be at least a little bit faster here.

0.jpg

Also decided to have some fun with livery editor:
1.jpg
2.jpg
18fb6a955fd69-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm back from my mini vacation and used the first chance I got yesterday evening to try the 911. I managed three valid laps, the best (and last) of which was a 7:46.027, so a bit more than 3 seconds away from gold. At this point I'm hopeful I will find these three seconds. I compared my sector times with those posted by @Dolph Drago. I'm trailing behind 9.6 seconds behind his optimal, and a whopping 6.2 seconds of that just in sectors 7 to 10, so I know what I have to focus on.

1716795102516.png

Anyway, I'm prepared to fight to keep the gold streak alive, and it helps a lot that this is such an insanely fun combo.

Lost couple of days to tackle nurb tt (was too stressed and tired to even fire up my wheel), but yesterday I decided to give it a try. Managed a short stint, and put close to silver time on board. That was my only valid lap for the night. After this lap I decided to go until I invalidate my lap. Didn't have to wait too long as I crashed into wall at flugplatz :). My time was 1.5s at the moment, so it's safe to say that silver will be manageable. No idea If I can even get close to gold. Love the car - handles well and I know I can drive it faster, just need to put some time into it. Hate the track, always hated it up to the point that around gt5 I decided to learn it by heart :) and from the looks of it, right now I will learn how to be at least a little bit faster here.

View attachment 1358914
Also decided to have some fun with livery editor:
View attachment 1358915View attachment 1358916View attachment 1358917

Very nice livery!
😺

Ah, the 'Ring. I got addicted to GT5 back in the day because of the Nordschleife. And I actually had the opportunity to ride on it in a colleague's vintage 911 several years ago.

Needless to say, when I first saw it posted, I was very much looking forward to this TT!!

Finally was able to run a couple stints this morning before running errands this afternoon. This is not going to be easy! I know there's more time to be found out there, and I'm glad I have the rest of the 3-day weekend plus next weekend to search for it.

So far, haven't made it to Gold yet, but I'm close, and I'm definitely not alone. And you guys on my friends list that are just killing it under 7:40, @Evilmuffin @Gomario JSP @Dolph Drago , well done!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:. I'm going to enjoy seeing how close I can come to that.
Almost there mate!, just keep at it, it will start to feel more natural the more often you do it, .....
But that's very close!

@Evilmuffin I had exactly the same this morning, 1,5 hours of pure frustration, i'm way faster than i was on the first part of the track, lets say until the first carrousell...., but i struggled so much after that...then finally had a reasonable lap in which i completely binned on the last caroussell, to late in ..... off to Saturn to mow lawn there...,

kind of infuriated me and turned off the PS5 :lol: :lol: :lol: , i love the ring, i'm descent there.... but not top 100 descent :lol::lol:
I did it! Got into the 45s. I’m happy now.

You are getting faster and faster mate, well done!

I had to revise my plans on Brands Hatch and reluctantly set it aside to devote some time to the Ring, where I struggle but its call is too strong to ignore.

The car is much better than I thought it would be. Handling it, within my limits, is no problem, so much so that I would put it at the bottom of the mini-classification of reasons behind my time:
1) remembering the track
2) remembering the track
3) remembering the track
4) use it all
5) use it all
6) use it all
7) take the car to the limit

To see how in your laps you understand that you know what corner is coming and how to position yourself is embarrassing, in a good way. I have to work on it a lot.
Let's say I'm at 6+ in recognizing the track from the beginning to the carousel, 4- from the carousel to the mini carousel, and 10- from the mini carousel to the end (I remember the straight great!).
Then on top of that throw in driving mastery, and you can easily explain the 45s there are between number one and the bronze bar.

However, those 3 tenths wrinkle me a lot

1716821366233.png

waaaiiit... whaaat :embarrassed:

if update is what people believe it is... we have a VOLVO 240 in the game, then lets predict we have Volvo 240 TT on Thursday... ah I wish there was some STCC track too to spin it on....
View attachment 1359076
:D
While I certainly won't complain about this list, I have a funny feeling that PD doesn't have the bugget to license newer cars and tracks. Maybe the Real Money Transaction part didn't really play out well for them 🤔

I rarely try those Time Trials 'cause I'm, well, just too slow😄 But since I've driven hundreds of laps on Nordschleife I thought I give this one a try and I was hoping for silver....but nope, just bronze and pretty far away from silver😟

1000012678.png

How in the world did this dude manage to set a 7.29 there??

I rarely try those Time Trials 'cause I'm, well, just too slow😄 But since I've driven hundreds of laps on Nordschleife I thought I give this one a try and I was hoping for silver....but nope, just bronze and pretty far away from silver😟

View attachment 1359097

How in the world did this dude manage to set a 7.29 there??
If you know the track and all the braking points, getting silver shouldn't be too difficult. I was coaching someone yesterday and he want from 8:10 to 7:51 in 2 laps. And that with him crashing at the end of the straight. Without the crash he would be in 7:48 or lower for sure.

If you know the track and all the braking points, getting silver shouldn't be too difficult. I was coaching someone yesterday and he want from 8:10 to 7:51 in 2 laps. And that with him crashing at the end of the straight. Without the crash he would be in 7:48 or lower for sure.
What !! 19 seconds gained in 2 laps ? You're a good coach 😅

Were you co-piloting him or something ?

The track is so long I don't have many braking points memorized except in some turns, otherwise I do all on sensations and muscle memory.

zjn
I had to revise my plans on Brands Hatch and reluctantly set it aside to devote some time to the Ring, where I struggle but its call is too strong to ignore.

The car is much better than I thought it would be. Handling it, within my limits, is no problem, so much so that I would put it at the bottom of the mini-classification of reasons behind my time:
1) remembering the track
2) remembering the track
3) remembering the track
4) use it all
5) use it all
6) use it all
7) take the car to the limit

To see how in your laps you understand that you know what corner is coming and how to position yourself is embarrassing, in a good way. I have to work on it a lot.
Let's say I'm at 6+ in recognizing the track from the beginning to the carousel, 4- from the carousel to the mini carousel, and 10- from the mini carousel to the end (I remember the straight great!).
Then on top of that throw in driving mastery, and you can easily explain the 45s there are between number one and the bronze bar.

However, those 3 tenths wrinkle me a lot

View attachment 1359082
Great time, I'm 12 seconds behind you. I am struggling bad here. The Nords always kicks my behind. I will have to record my runs later in the week/weekend and let you guys take a look. I need some expert advice. My week is kinda booked this week as I have two doctor appointments so I will have to curb my game time. Good luck with your mission on getting to the gold zone.

I drive a lot on Nordschleife and I think I know the track well. But there are a few things:
  • I usually never drive a car on SH tires. It's always SM or SS for me.
  • I drive in cockpit view
  • I've barely ever driven this car before
  • I usually drive as "clean" as possible and I avoid curbs. It's surprisingly hard to change your style of driving when you done hundreds of laps this way.

But hey, this was just my second lap (first was 8.08) and I'm sure I will do some more🙂

Oh boy, this is going to take a level of work I'm not sure I have the time for.

18fbb001f5c91-screenshotUrl.jpg
18fbb002fdc36-screenshotUrl.jpg

I think I completed 2 valid laps today. 3 invalidated laps in a separate session before restarting. It's a good car to drive and looks very nice in VR. However, I lack the bravery required for Gold at the moment.

Perhaps after watching a replay and lap guide I'll start chipping away the entire seconds necessary.

What !! 19 seconds gained in 2 laps ? You're a good coach 😅

Were you co-piloting him or something ?

The track is so long I don't have many braking points memorized except in some turns, otherwise I do all on sensations and muscle memory.

We are lucky that they @Evilmuffin didn't have more time 🤔
30 laps of coaching means about 5 minutes improvement resulting in a 3:10.
Would be hard for us to stay in 🥉 then 😂

Holy crap!! What a morning!

I sat down with my coffee a couple of hours ago to see if I could find one more second and push into Gold on the 'Ring. I was sitting at 7:43.6xx. I ran something like 20 laps, some complete and many partial/invalidated. Several laps in the 7:43s, but I was really struggling to find any more time, and was starting to think I may be close to my limit.

But I FELT like I was getting a better feel for the combo, so I decided to push on. I figured with so many sectors, I only needed to get another tenth per sector to get into gold. The trick was stringing it together. I know the track well, and knew all of the braking points. I was just too slow and failing to execute.

Then finally, the heavens opened! I strung together a great lap. Really nailed the middle section where I had been losing a bunch of time. I got to the final straight and saw that I was 1.8 secs under my best time at the split, so I knew I had the gold locked up, if I just managed to not screw up the final turn sequence after the long straight... which I've managed to obliterate many times before by being too aggressive.

The adrenaline rush at that moment was insane... and I had 45 seconds to run it all through my head and figure out a way to screw up :). But I didn't! I kept my cool, and victory is mine! Wow! I was literally shaking for a few minutes after that lap. The endorphins were off the chart.

I may run another 50 laps and not beat this time. On the other hand, I know there's still plenty of room for improvement. And that's the story of the Nordschleife. Whew!

TT_Nurb_911_B.jpeg

The adrenaline rush at that moment was insane... and I had 45 seconds to run it all through my head and figure out a way to screw up :). But I didn't! I kept my cool, and victory is mine! Wow! I was literally shaking for a few minutes after that lap. The endorphins were off the chart.

And that's the story of the Nordschleife. Whew!
And that right there is why I love this game and sharing with this community. The excitement and adrenaline that counter the frustrations and invalidated laps are well worth it!

Enjoy your high and well done!!

Last edited:
Back