Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,361 comments
So I put in another stint last night on the 'Ring with mixed results. I was able to improve my time by 2 tenths, and had several in this range. Right at the end I had an amazing lap going which was sure to land in the 7:40s but I wiped out at minute 6... doh!... and I called it a night.

Ran a few laps tonight, but no improvement.

So this is where I'm at... 7:41.617.

I love the Ring and I'm enjoying this TT combo, so I set a personal goal to get into the 7:30s on this TT. I still have a week :)

If anyone has any advice, or if anyone seeking gold wants a slower ghost to chase, I shared my lap in the Showcase. The search tag is "ttnurb911". If you're not on my friends list just send me a friend request. It's a fairly clean lap... just slower in each sector than the aliens 👽

TT_Nurb_911_C.jpeg

Finally! It only took 265 miles tonight, but an improvement at Brands Hatch. :crazy: I was perilously close to falling out of the top 50. This lap fixed that. My first top 50! I'm very excite!
IMG_3189.jpg

I was surprised by sector 1. That's the fastest I've ever been through there, and it didn't even feel like it. Then sector 4...My best had been multiple 25.4's, then this happened. The final sector could have been better, too. I did a little lawn mowing in the second to last turn.
IMG_3188.jpg

Still behind @Gomario JSP by a small margin. :mad: Nipped @Dan_Tes by the tiniest of margins. :)
IMG_3190.jpg

Last edited:
Finally! It only took 265 miles tonight, but an improvement at Brands Hatch. :crazy: I was perilously close to falling out of the top 50. This lap fixed that. My first top 50! I'm very excite!
View attachment 1359558

I was surprised by sector 1. That's the fastest I've ever been through there, and it didn't even feel like it. Then sector 4...My best had been multiple 25.4's, then this happened. The final sector could have been better, too. I did a little lawn mowing in the second to last turn.
View attachment 1359557

Still behind @Gomario JSP by a small margin. :mad: Nipped @Dan_Tes by the tiniest of margins. :)
View attachment 1359559

Holy cr*p that's close mate!, epic lap, and well deserved!, GTP taking over 😁👌🤣
It's a difficult one but nailing it with those slides is so satisfying!

Congrats on that first top 50! 🙏🙏🙏

Whilst you two were getting cuddles stopping you from the TT, I had to cut a sheet of perspex for the TV stand to stop mine getting in and eating more PS4 cables 🤣🤣

View attachment 1359262

How innocent does he look 😇😂

God help me when I set up the gaming computer in the spare room 🙏🏻
So to follow this, I was going to jump on before work this morning and try to make one last improvement on Brands Hatch.

But whilst I was upstairs getting ready I could hear the cable eater playing with something metal in the spare room.

Went in to find..... He has now eaten the main usb cable for the G29 too 🤬

So was originally no gear stick, now no wheel at all.... Gaming computer is not being set up in the spare room then 🤦🏻‍♂️ and also repairs need to be made before I use the wheel again 😔

Short of taking the wheel apart and getting a new length of cable from a broken G29 online (if there are any) I'm just going to have to solder it as it is integral to the wheel (not a plug in cable).

May attempt to get online before the TT ends tomorrow instead, depending on what time the wife leaves for work.

Had time to pop a lap in at both Brands and the Ring, in between various trips. Man I'm sad I couldn't have a proper go at Brands, thought the car on those tyres was perfectly suited to it and me, think I could have done really well there.

As for the Ring, welp. Only did one lap, that was a 7.50. I will try to gold this one when I'm back next week but I can't imagine having the consistency, focus or skill to manage it. Almost guaranteed to botch one or two sectors per lap and I can't retain all the gear and braking point info I need!

Last edited:
Job seems to be done...
View attachment 1359525

..but, new optimal down to 44s tempts me to try to lower this further, sub 45.5 would be satisfactory
View attachment 1359527

This lap was done with MT, but it took many laps to find the rhythm to do this properly (i.e. faster). I just don't like this track with its elevated apexes and semi-blind exits. Still some corners are just hit-or-miss cases.
Not to be discouraging but optimals at Brands Hatch can be misleading due to the very odd placement of the S2 split just before Surtees (T4?). Keep going though, good luck.

Personally I think I'll try to just get a 44 and top 100 and then give up. Not particularly sold on this one. Hope to start Nordscheife the coming weekend.

Not to be discouraging but optimals at Brands Hatch can be misleading due to the very odd placement of the S2 split just before Surtees (T4?). Keep going though, good luck.

Personally I think I'll try to just get a 44 and top 100 and then give up. Not particularly sold on this one. Hope to start Nordscheife the coming weekend.
True about that S2 placement, and I would appreciate if you keep my place 27 where it is 🤣🤣 ( I was hoping this one would be crushing my PB of 29e but that's not going to happen ) 🤣

Good luck!

I did a few runs of nordschleife this morning but failed all attemps 🙈🤣🤣,

Now dreaming of the new one.....

My guess....Yamagiwa Mugen NSX .... 😕😕
I'm hoping for something in the Volvo wagon - not sure which circuit though. Maybe one of the Tokyo layouts (even though I dislike them all) or the short Nurburgring circuit.

I'm hoping for something in the Volvo wagon - not sure which circuit though. Maybe one of the Tokyo layouts (even though I dislike them all) or the short Nurburgring circuit.
We've done 2 road cars already so I think @Gomario JSP is right. Very likey the Mugan NSX. Not sure which circuit tho....come to think of it, we never had one for Tokyo Expway South Clockwise, so maybe you could be right on that part 🤔

Last edited:
We've done 2 road cars already so I think @Gomario JSP is right. Very likey the Mugan NSX. Not sure which circuit tho....come to think of it, we never had one for Tokyo Expway South Clockwise, so maybe you could be right on that part 🤔
Yeah, I'm just being hopeful. @Gomario JSP is probably more on the money with the NSX (being the big ticket item in the latest update) but I'd be very surprised if they threw us in the NSX at any of the Tokyo circuits. More likely to be something like Autopolis or Kyoto.

I have the day off.
Made a slight improvement. Need a good safety buffer as I'm away next week.
Do you guys think that the gold time will still come down?

View attachment 1359678
I wish I could say "I feel you are safe" but then when I check leaderboard i see Igor Fraga has not joined the game yet, and he really is good at Nordshleife and like to set records... fingers crossed he is busy with something else :)
maybe @half_sourly can correct me if I am wrong and pull old numbers from Nordschleife we had before ?

I wish I could say "I feel you are safe" but then when I check leaderboard i see Igor Fraga has not joined the game yet, and he really is good at Nordshleife and like to set records... fingers crossed he is busy with something else :)
maybe @half_sourly can correct me if I am wrong and pull old numbers from Nordschleife we had before ?
My fingers and toes are crossed 😂
Let's hope there aren't any surprise last minute entries.

I will keep running this time trial in all my game time until Sunday to try and increase my safety buffer, but I honestly feel that I've reached my limit.

My fingers and toes are crossed 😂
Let's hope there aren't any surprise last minute entries.

I will keep running this time trial in all my game time until Sunday to try and increase my safety buffer, but I honestly feel that I've reached my limit.
I think it will hold, fingers crossed!

But where is Jeddah, I don't see him on leaderboards...

He doesn't like Nurburgring. Something to do with he has to wait 7 mins to retry a corner.
lol...that's an issue for me too (although the wait is closer to 8 minutes for me :lol: ). If there's a corner I have trouble with, I think it takes me 50 or 60 iterations to get it figured out, and with Nord you simply can't get that number of attempts very easily. And also with most tracks there might be 2 or 3 really tricky bits but with Nord there's more like a dozen. It's too bad there isn't a dedicated "practice mode" in GT7 where you could specify a section and set it on a loop and just go through it over and over again in any specific car you chose.

I'll be hitting the tarmac again this evening and trying desperately to get into silver...

Last edited:
Here are the top 100 from the two previous ones (albeit one was the 24hr circuit)

Attachments

• Ring.xlsx
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
No improvement in terms of PB, but managed to lower my Opt by 1.5 seconds. Stuffed up the 3rd lap in this stint on literally the last corner and decided to take break. While I'm getting slowly faster and building consistency, I'm not sure I have it in me to nail the perfect lap.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240529145421.png

Edit: some progress after a few more laps :)
20240529_162337.jpg

Last edited:
Pfff.....trial...error.....trial...error....but waaayyy more error 🙈🤣

Had a little afternoon run after a devastating morning run with not finishing one single lap..
I think I'm not that good in 100% focus that long 🤣 , and I know for sure now that the last part of the track hates me......
In every lap I'm rather steady for half of the lap then suddenly I have a corner which I overshoot and from there on I seem to get a nerveouse driving style or something..... I hate it 🤣🤣

One last try tomorrow..... then I'm out.... 😁😜

Eventually I did improve a bit (4 tenths) but still no 37 ..... 😡🤣

1000020713.jpg

Pfff.....trial...error.....trial...error....but waaayyy more error 🙈🤣

Had a little afternoon run after a devastating morning run with not finishing one single lap..
I think I'm not that good in 100% focus that long 🤣 , and I know for sure now that the last part of the track hates me......
In every lap I'm rather steady for half of the lap then suddenly I have a corner which I overshoot and from there on I seem to get a nerveouse driving style or something..... I hate it 🤣🤣

One last try tomorrow..... then I'm out.... 😁😜

Eventually I did improve a bit (4 tenths) but still no 37 ..... 😡🤣

View attachment 1359762

Apart from your mentioned nervousness after the Craousel, your lap looks very solid to me. There's only 3 places were I think you lose your momentum. Don't give up just yet, hombre :)

Hohe Acht: stay in 4th longer until the last right hander, using the drop to 3rd gear only to rotate into R28

Pflanzgarten -> Entry to Schwalbenschwanz: you can stay a bit longer in 5th, coast into and only downshift to 4th at the apex of R38 for engine braking and rotation

Galgenkopf (this is where you lose the most speed imo): if you go wider to the left kerb after R39 and try to carry more speed through R40 into Döttinger Höhe. If you get this corner right, a lap with a split of 6:4847 on that sector should easily get you into the 7:37.

Last edited:
Apart from your mentioned nervousness after the Craousel, your lap looks very solid to me. There's only 3 places were I think you lose your momentum. Don't give up just yet, hombre :)

Hohe Acht: stay in 4th longer until the last right hander, using the drop to 3rd gear only to rotate into R28

Pflanzgarten -> Entry to Schwalbenschwanz: you can stay a bit longer in 5th, coast into and only downshift to 4th at the apex of R38 for engine braking and rotation

Galgenkopf (this is where you lose the most speed imo): if you go wider to the left kerb after R39 and try to carry more speed through R40 into Döttinger Höhe. If you get this corner right, a lap with a split of 6:4847 on that sector should easily get you into the 7:37.
Thanks for these very detailed tips mate!!
I'm going to give this a try tomorrow 😁 🙏🙏
Very nice this way with those links with corners and numbers! 👌👍

Last edited:
Back