Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,039 comments

Here's the video

Thanks a lot for the video (and others who posted similar). They really help. I tried turning in a bit earlier to use much more of the kerb, and flooring it a little sooner (and risked a spin!!!) and managed a whole second + off my previous fastest on the second lap today! Still, at 1:26.2xx nowhere near silver, let alone gold!

Last edited:
Very Thin margin...

183706d015c23-screenshotUrl.jpg

Any helpful advices how to make ONE lap containing ALL best sectors? Because I obviously can reach gold, but I can't.

Attachments

• 1837b09028475-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1837b09028475-screenshotUrl.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 10
Any helpful advices how to make ONE lap containing ALL best sectors? Because I obviously can reach gold, but I can't.
Is this a representative session for you? I don't mean to sound disrespectful or anything but it looks quite inconsistent! Your best overall lap doesn't have a single best sector and the optimal is way below!

I wonder are you following using a ghost or not? Your own or one from the leaderboard? Also with you clearly putting a good number of laps into each session are you watching the gap too much?

My suggestion is going to be to try the opposite of what you are currently doing, just for a handful of laps, whichever way you are doing it! Just to try and change whatever is stopping you put together consistent sectors!

For example - if you don't use a ghost, put one on! Either your own so you can see what you did well on your best lap, or a leaderboard one to understand where you can be even better.

I often find that if I've spent 10 laps chasing a time with a ghost and looking at my gap and sectors I will often keep making mistakes, restart with no ghost and just focus on hitting all my marks and I'll put a better lap together.

So yeah, let us know what you do in these sessions?

Edit - I've just seen your signature as well, motions sense and auto gears, any reason for this? I wonder if the auto is shifting you into lower gears and making it much harder to control wheelspin... same with the motion control, I wonder if that's making it harder for you to catch slides.

Last edited:
Thanks @Blayney
You are right about watching sector times and blue or red numbers. I remember struggling once before on suzuka and until I stopped watching numbers I didn't won, so yeah, I will try that.
I chase a ghost from leaderboard, someone from place 1500-ish, find it easier to chase when ghost is not so far, as when I chase once from first position. I will try what you suggest with the ghost, maybe it will help me keep focus better.
Oh yeah, I need to edit my signature and change automatic transmission to manual. Thanks for reminder. Why I use motion sensor to steer, I think it fits me better than using left analog stick to steer.

Last edited:
Hi all, long time just lurking here on the back ground! :cheers:

Have been slowly trying to get my pace up on the GT7, havent had that much time to play...

For this Nissan ice skating, currently on p 169 with 2:18.369 :) Hope that the next TT will be something with high down force. :cheers:
Ladies and gentleman, we have another alien among us! :lol:, 2.18.369, that is a serious time!, good job!, placed 169 is something to be proud of! ;) :):D:bowdown::bowdown:

This one is going to be tough for me to i think, plus the only km's i have set on the MP4/4 is one round of Nordschleife, but there is no better way to get to know the car better than a thousand "exit - retry" after the first corner 🤣, I'm very curious how it handles on Suzuka, can't wait to dive into this one 😁

Latest Posts

Back