Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 22,377 comments
Oh, I thought you followed the "hint" discussion.

Gotcha. Figured it'd be R.A., but any news on the car? People are speculating Gr1 but haven't heard anything pseudo-official.

Or Gr2 at LeMans? :D

CLRflip2.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's over...
But only managed 1:47.827 during the final mins (on dualsense). Thought I had at least another hour, didn't realize the impending server maintenance. 🙄

Could've been into the 1:47.7XX-1:47.6XXs (can see I was well ahead of my ghost), but messed up at the last corner. 😭

Tried switching ASM ON/OFF back and forth, sometimes feel it's faster, sometimes slower. Oh well..
Have no idea how the aliens are able to do it almost 1.5s faster.

Last edited:
Willow Springs...

1669277459195.png

I don't mind the Escudo and it's turbo lag, but I do mind Willow Springs. The combo of racing softs, vague corners and aliens means I'll struggle to get into bronze / silver. My experience will be like Nurburgring GP, but much, much worse. Gold is out of the question for my skills and driving style this time around.

Still, this is an interesting combo that doesn't involve a Nissan GT-R, so I'll take it.

Format will be a bit different for the next TT period:

"Online Time Trials:
  • From November 24 to December 5
  • Complete recreation of World Final races to be held as a time trial event
  • Within this period, credit rewards for applicable events will be 2x more than usual"

so if I'm reading it right we get a TT version of Escudo/Big Willow, 330 P4/Watkins Glen, Lambo VGT/Monza, MP4/Interlagos, Red Bull X2019/Trial Mountain Reverse.
Damn PD and their misleading language, “races/events” suggests more than one. Oh well, I like Big Willow.

Stats for the R34 at Interlagos. Below that is a table with all the results to date, but ordered by % gold.
  • No surprise the two formula cars are at the top.
  • Followed closely by the two overpowered road cars.
  • Moving down the grade/ group cars becomes easier - Gr.2 and Gr,3 nicely spaced, with Gr.4 by far the easiest so far.
  • The Escudo's last outing was the second worst for not getting any reward, so throw Big Willow into the mix and this new TT could be very interesting.
  • And of course you couldn't play pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with those results without hitting a Nissan.
TT1.jpg

TT2.jpg

Last edited:
Stats for the R34 at Interlagos. Below that is a table with all the results to date, but ordered by % gold.
  • No surprise the two formula cars are at the top.
  • Followed closely by the two overpowered road cars.
  • Moving down the grade/ group cars becomes easier - Gr.2 and Gr,3 nicely spaced, with Gr.4 by far the easiest so far.
  • The Escudo's last outing was the second worst for not getting any reward, so throw Big Willow into the mix and this new TT could be very interesting.
  • And of course you couldn't play pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey with those results without hitting a Nissan.
View attachment 1210387

View attachment 1210390
As usual great work and great job everyone in trying your best in this challenge.

Question for you: I've got the feeling that is my best TT so far. Do you think I can get all my results in previous TT to compare each or them with the relevant gold?

Thanks

zjn
Question for you: I've got the feeling that is my best TT so far. Do you think I can get all my results in previous TT to compare each or them with the relevant gold?
You can look it up here. If you get an error or blank screen, change the country flag at the top right (for me mostly UK works, but sometimes it has to be USA) until you see content.

I am not looking forward to this... I guess its a chance to finally learn this track properly. Really don't like it at all. Dunno if I'll be able to do a gold guide this time!
I have the same feeling, it's like... i'm not bad at the track, i just don't like it, weird corners, less curbs, just isn't my track, but the last time i said this about willow people wanted to saw my head of, so there are a lot of people that do like it :lol:
and i will do my best to get in the top 1000 again.

Maby.......maby....... it will grow on me :lol:

I am not looking forward to this... I guess its a chance to finally learn this track properly. Really don't like it at all. Dunno if I'll be able to do a gold guide this time!
Same here. Just tried it and found out that I will even have a hard time getting silver. Which is weird because the Escudo at Alsace was my first ever gold TT.

Hope the gold time doesn't drop much on this TT(currently 1.2secs from gold),it's not the track thats the problem,it's this car with no counter-steer,drove the same car/same track for the 1.8 million credits with counter-steer on and its a breeze.:cheers:

Back