Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,526 comments
Back to Fuji again today. It took about 10 laps to finally start getting a better understanding of the track/car combo. It felt much better than last night and can be faster.
IMG_3001.jpg

Of course I had a poor sector 2 compared to my previous laps...:irked: I finally got a good run through the final turn for once, though it is still a mystery to me.
IMG_2999.jpg

Hopefully @Gomario JSP doesn't get too mad...:lol:
IMG_3002.jpg

Last edited:
When I look at some scores in my leaderboard, I wonder if we all use the same car with the same BoP on the same Fuji... :odd:

No improvement for me, despite tens of painful laps, mostly in a range of 1:34.2... to 1:34.8...

1711745222612.png

The only positive points are those "sub 1:34" optimals...

1711745321035.png

1711745342280.png

But currently, I'm still 0.5 sec from gold and I need a full sec to be safe in the yellow territory.
And I really don't see where and when I'll save all these tenths.

When I look at some scores in my leaderboard, I wonder if we all use the same car with the same BoP on the same Fuji... :odd:

No improvement for me, despite tens of painful laps, mostly in a range of 1:34.2... to 1:34.8...

View attachment 1341481

The only positive points are those "sub 1:34" optimals...

View attachment 1341482

View attachment 1341483

But currently, I'm still 0.5 sec from gold and I need a full sec to be safe in the yellow territory.
And I really don't see where and when I'll save all these tenths.

Got my optimal down to a 33.9 as well, that’s all I have to show for a 45 minute session.

Standard red livery wasn’t working. Need something new, something orange.

Finally a decent lap. I still hate each and every single corner on this track tho :grumpy:

ps LOL 1st sector

View attachment 1341506

Well, I enjoyed being the top piece of bread in our trio sandwich for a few hours at least. Back to being the meat, albeit by only that .001 margin over @Gomario JSP. I fully expect to be the bottom bread by the time I wake up tomorrow. :P

Here's further 1.5 hours with the soundtrack of Nikola Tesla's wet dream:

TT-DaytonaChap-almost2.jpg

Just when you think "that's it, no more!", you get that nice exit from the corner to overtake your ghost and red lapping it on the blue tarmac, so...
Sing Mamma Mia GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Plan minimum (top 10,000) is done, plan optimum (top 50 of the LB) is still far away...

18e8d03117f10-screenshotUrl.jpg

Better yet. It's starting to feel better for me. Honestly drives like the old GT500 Supra a little bit. That mid range pull to the screaming top end is phenomenal if not really hard to tame. I wish it turned in just a little harder. Of course that would make it even tougher to keep the rear end behind you...

18e8d034b0324-screenshotUrl.jpg

Optimals are consistently .3-4 better than I'm running for every session I've had. I think I'll just keep plugging away until I feel at my limit. Fun car. Fun track when it's fun. Frustrating as can be when it's not working. 😂

I've been quite silent in the thread lately but I was following it and it is great to see so many people progressing in here! TTs got a bit stale for me and I only set 'safe gold' times slightly over 2% off the top time usually.

Today though, after several months of debating if it's a good idea I got a used Next Level Racing Wheel Stand 2.0, wiped dust off my old G29 laying in the corner and for the first time played GT7 on it, as I never had a good way of setting it in front of my TV. I guess it is time to see if it will be fun enough to justify spending energy on setting it all up before playing. If not then I guess the stand will get 3rd owner :dopey:.

I fired up GT-One TT for testing, that I set 1:32.767 on a controller before and only got within 1.5 s of it after around 15-20 laps. That will be a steep learning curve 😅. Would you guys have any general tips or settings you use to make the transition a bit easier?

Definitely have a couple more tenths in me, especially after watching the #1 replay and realizing I should be shifting much later. But I won't be touching this TT again, unless my time falls out of gold range. For that to happen, the world record would have to drop to a 1:30.832.

GJ1HSzIWgAAcBOU
Welp, I kinda saw it coming, so half a day after making this post I went against my word and improved my laptime preventively. I took it down to a 1:33.268 and I am now again sitting just within gold range. I can probably do a 1:32, but that would require one hell of an effort. The world record would need to drop to a 1:30.550 for this new time of mine to fall out of gold range, so let's just hope that doesn't happen :scared:

GJ45xczWoAAKzyP

Last edited:
Back