Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,523 comments
Well surprisingly I woke up (very early) by seeing that I got not even sandwiched but turned into the butter on the sandwich....
But that was expected 🤣

So I had to fire it up, smack some japanese dude livery on it with pinky flowers and cramp up hold on when the boost kicks in a pray for the best....

1000018595.jpg

And man.....I stuffed up some nice laps on that exit, it's evil......everytime I had a good lap it didn't want to rotate on the last turn..

On this lap I semi did but mist T1 🙈
Not the best lap but progression again...

@Dolph Drago

1000018597.gif

🤣🤣

I'm sure you will crush it again, my hands are done for today, this is a heavy one physically

I'm off fishing 😁🤣🤣

I fired up GT-One TT for testing, that I set 1:32.767 on a controller before and only got within 1.5 s of it after around 15-20 laps. That will be a steep learning curve 😅. Would you guys have any general tips or settings you use to make the transition a bit easier?
Turn force feedback and sensitivity all the way up. 2nm of torque is really nothing, so you will need every little feedback you can get off of it.

When I first got my G923, I spent lots of time driving at nurburgring in a slow car (mx-5, 89 m3 etc) to get use to the wheel.

Puh, did a couple laps yesterday, managed a 34.14x, did another 20-30laps today and I'm down to 33.7, but my optimum is just under that with a 33.6, so gonna take a few more tries. Compared to my friends that puts me second to last in my list, I need some slowee friends :D
Is anyone with a low 33/high 32 willing to share his replay? I'd like to have a ghost to follow i maybe can keep up with

Puh, did a couple laps yesterday, managed a 34.14x, did another 20-30laps today and I'm down to 33.7, but my optimum is just under that with a 33.6, so gonna take a few more tries. Compared to my friends that puts me second to last in my list, I need some slowee friends :D
Is anyone with a low 33/high 32 willing to share his replay? I'd like to have a ghost to follow i maybe can keep up with
I will later on today. I saved a .32.7 replay just didn't have time to share it. I have slower ones as well if you'd prefer. I can share a couple if it helps. Just have to finish my workday (pssshhhh working on a weekend! 😭)

Ok nevermind @330_D
Just decided to try once more without any ghost and somehow it just clicked. I was able to be a bit more playful with the car if you know what I mean. Also finally got T2 right and got more consistency in sector 3. Started off with a 33.3, a couple laps later 33.06 and when I decided to do one last lap I even managed a 32.933.
Happy for you to join us @crome

Attachments

• 18e8f18f7d173-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18e8f18f7d173-screenshotUrl.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 2
Watched DeBruin's Lap last night.. **** me 💀 The amount of curb he uses is crazy. Tried to copy his line but no way. Whenever I look at the curbs I spin 😂
I'm loosing so much time in Turn 3 and 6 not to mention the whole sector 3 🥲😅

Last edited:
First day I couldn't get below 1:36

Yesterday I managed 1:35.8

This morning I was able to get into the silvers with 1:35.07. I know I can get into the 34s but every subsequent attempt I botch the last corner and lose the time running to the line.

Definitely a tough one for me, I mostly get bronzes but lately I can get race cars into the silvers with some effort, and got my first gold with the civic touring car tt a few weeks back. Feels good to make progress. The toughest part is getting back up to speed when starting a session, I'm always a few seconds off and have to find my time all over again.

Struggling a bit with this one. The car is amazing stock but with 200hp shaved off and 50kg on top, it loses a lot of its driving niceness and resembles more of a boat. Really struggling to get it turned in through corners, and for whatever reason that's also making me about a second faster when on pad - maybe because the rotation time is inherently shorter?

Currently on a 1:32.316 which is good but frustrating as I know there's more time in there if the boaty BoP clicks with me. It baffles me it's BoP'd in its own time trial.. surely PD have a way to force stock performance without it?
1000055173.png

Finally got a 2nd stint in the Dino and pulled it across the line, just barely. I can't figure out how to grab time on this TT. it definitely doesn't agree with me like the recent one at LeMans did for sure.

I'll be traveling next week, and I might not get another chance to run this one, so I hope this time holds up! :)

View attachment 1339821
Damn, I left on my business trip with this, only to find out when I returned that the gold time got lowered to 1:05.710 :irked:

Two stints in the Dino just wasn't enough.

Oh well, let's see what I can do with the two current TTs that I haven't tried yet :). I understand (and hope) the Tri-Oval is fairly straightforward so I can put what time I have into the GT-One TT. That one looks like fun.

Damn, I left on my business trip with this, only to find out when I returned that the gold time got lowered to 1:05.710 :irked:

Two stints in the Dino just wasn't enough.

Oh well, let's see what I can do with the two current TTs that I haven't tried yet :). I understand (and hope) the Tri-Oval is fairly straightforward so I can put what time I have into the GT-One TT. That one looks like fun.
I think you'll perform well. You even taught me some cool tricks and tips needed to become a faster driver out there on the track. I'm gonna try to do some MT runs at Fuji this time.

New test today on Fuji. And I'm a little disappointed even if I was able to improve my time. Yesterday, I had an optimal time of 1'32'690. I told myself then that I could achieve this. Well no.
I improved my time to 1'33'069 with an optimal time of 1'32'8xx. I'm happy with it but meh meh 🤣🤣

17118190561036237037272427331781.jpg

Sorry to interrupt you but the Clash of the Titans will start at 7PM CET (mostly, for some south african reasons)
You could just BoP it, so that the spoilers, rims and upgrades level out, only thing is that wide body cars won't be able to join :) I'm doing that with a couple of buddies each friday and saturday night, and we're having a blast with some stock road cars and SS tires :)

First trial at fuji is really promising...
Promising that will be some pain!

34.79x and lot of struggle.
I don't mention sector 3, it's a pain for the most of us, but I also struggle at turn 7, the hairpin ending sector 2. Inconsistent mainly because I don't understand it, even after looking at your laps.

I think I need an appendectomy to go faster

Ok. So (contrary to what i told Pesselles) i had some time this evening but almost didn't try the TT because i was tired. In the end I did lap Fuji for an hour as it got more and more fun. I felt more comfortable but the time of 1:33:57 just never broke. There was always some corner that ruined everything. Until the last one. A 1:33,023 (2,49%).

I think I'll leave it at that. :)
btw: TC1 and CSA on strong (as always i hope i don't forget deactivating CSA tomorrow)

Back