Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,563 comments
Almost a tenth and a half gain! :dopey: I have no idea where that first sector time came from (I didn't have better than 32.2 in ANY of my other laps during tonight's session). Unfortunately, I missed both apexes in sector 2. And I was slightly disappointed in the final sector, as I had a handful of 21 flats, and I was a tenth off on my fast lap.

As happy as I was with my pickup, I'm still behind two certain drivers...:mad::lol:

I said screw it and went to RA anyway. :lol: I've got two more days to try and gold Suzuka, but I'm not holding my breath.

That's a good S1 mate!, but that's the whole deal with that, if you do nail S1 it just doesn't allow you to hit 2 and 3 the same way.... :lol: :lol: it's 100% cursed and if you can nail all there is def a high 4 in it..... but it just doesn't want you to succeed :lol:

I know the feeling.... same for me this morning, but went mowing in S2 :grumpy:

But didn't matter in the end cause i completely forgot how to master the chicane 😟, multiple .5xx's before it but never came across the line lower than 688 to day ..

Last edited:
Well this is spooky! Had a lunchtime sesh today (WFH) and couldn't get within half a second of my PB.
Decided to follow @GlockPants suggestion and painted the wheels orange. Within five laps I knocked another 4 tenths off, taking me well into the 28s!!!! Thanks GlockPants! :cheers:

I do have a picture of the full-orange livery but decided to keep it safely in my downloads folder so as not to upset any sensibilities! 🤣
That's great! Good work. :cheers:

Only other suggestion I have could be stripes. Maybe even ORANGE stripes ... 🤔 :lol:

McLaren VGT at Suzuka definitely a statistical outlier. Banked a first lap yesterday at 1'38.59X, 181st position at the time and it's 2,02% off. Pretty crazy.
How in gods name have you managed 38.5 on the pad mate, that's insane.
I almost broke mine in the process of just getting the gold ( barerly @ 39.328 )
I can set a descent time most of the time but this one just didn't work on me.

Bravo mate :bowdown:

That's a good S1 mate!, but that's the whole deal with that, if you do nail S1 it just doesn't allow you to hit 2 and 3 the same way.... :lol: :lol: it's 100% cursed and if you can nail all there is def a high 4 in it..... but it just doesn't want you to succeed :lol:
I also have statistical evidence that one can mess up S1, S2 and S3 within the same lap.
Most of the times there're a huge prize for it: invalidated lap+1 even before starting it!

Joy

Some improvement, but unfortunately not enough to usurp @Gomario JSP 🫠

Just like him, I had multiple .5s at the end of 2nd sector but just couldn't turn them into 1:24.5s

1000069513.jpg

Some improvement, but unfortunately not enough to usurp @Gomario JSP 🫠

Just like him, I had multiple .5s at the end of 2nd sector but just couldn't turn them into 1:24.5s
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-16 152755.jpg

Well that's cozy! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I wonder if it's possible to have a clean lap, if we both can't do it :lol::lol::lol:
For me it's one session left tomorrow morning, so i doubt i'll get into the 5's

On to the next one for me then :lol:

Last edited:
How in gods name have you managed 38.5 on the pad mate, that's insane.
I almost broke mine in the process of just getting the gold ( barerly @ 39.328 )
I can set a descent time most of the time but this one just didn't work on me.

Bravo mate :bowdown:
Thanks! More to come hopefully! Aiming for a 37 but may end up at a low 38. We'll see. I think that perhaps you could do a bit quicker but if one doesn't like it it could be difficult to find the necessary motivation. Not that many that get gold here so that's a good job at least! ;)

Thanks! More to come hopefully! Aiming for a 37 but may end up at a low 38. We'll see. I think that perhaps you could do a bit quicker but if one doesn't like it it could be difficult to find the necessary motivation. Not that many that get gold here so that's a good job at least! ;)
True, i must admit that i was kind of done with it when i did ran my fastest lap, it's just to agile or nerveous in my hands :lol:
But it still surprises me that i'm so bad at this one compared to a lot of other TT's.
I know high downforced cars are not my strength but it is quite a while ago that i closed my first session with a silver plate instead of golding it :lol::lol:

On the other hand it's nice to have had a struggle :lol:

Good luck hunting that 37! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Wow, a lap out of the hat!
Nothing, nothing, nothing, trouble even navigating turn 1 and then this:
TT-SuzukaMcLVGT-almost3.jpg

Yeah, +4.30%, looks like nothing special, but that was very close to my limit here, only minor mistakes here and there, could scrape up two tenths maybe and that would look like perfection. Cautious chicane, but don't blame me, after surviving 130R I could feel beads of sweat on my body.

Top 10.000 should be in the bag - time not wasted.

EDIT: after reviewing replay - 1st corner was just bad today, so maybe 3 tenths left...

Last edited:
Kudos to everyone improving at Suzuka. That's some determination! Tried two stints in the last days without any imrovement over my silver time. Will give it another go, but I don't know if I can even reach gold without smashing my controller into the wall or monitor first, though.

Meanwhile at Road Atlanta, I found out exiting the chicane at the end in 4th is a lot quicker, saving me tenths.

Last edited:
Did something change with the automatic replay system? I have mine available in the scoreboard, also a friend's, also leaderboard times near me which are not even close to world record (1:26.988). I know I didn't save mine when I did my last attempt.
View attachment 1347202
Yap 👍
It changed and I hope it will stay that way.

Last edited:
Changed livery. 495km later I'm in the top 1000!
@330_D pretending it has half throttle works like a charm 🙂

View attachment 1347213
Sick! So glad I could help. Badass time as well. Tonight is hopefully my night to play so I'm hoping to drop my time in Georgia. That car is like a 4 wheeler built for the street with a spicy boi motor. So damn fun to lap.

Last edited:
Day 4 at Suzuka resulted in a Gold Lap. I'm happy to be done with this frustrating challenge.

The lap is far from perfect. Sector 1 was just a bit slow and didn't flow very nicely through the first couple turns. Had a bad entry into the hairpin in Sector 3. Lastly had a Code Brown moment at 130R!

18ee886bf7a47-screenshotUrl.jpg

But I managed to hold it together and beat the Gold barrier by a decent margin.

18ee88681d574-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ee8869e4536-screenshotUrl.jpg

Crazy how I'm in the Top 1000 at 2.53%.

Here's a replay if anyone wants to see me crap my pants. Note, this also has no driver aids, so the save is all me.

Took the midnight train to Georgia with my modest and freshly painted KTM and drove 30 laps on Road Atlanta.
Result: Golden (for now at least). Cut from yesterdays 1:26.700 to 1:26.146 with an optimal barely into the 1:25s. Sweet!

Seems that TC 0 and strong CSA really helps. That, and also the classic (and very fast) Porsche-color Blutorange which is the exact same as one of my Porsche 914s have (still eagerly waiting for that thing to come to the game).

Next up I will try to get into the 1:25 region, but will have to wait a few days for that.

I finally had a pickup at Suzuka, though it was very small. And I'm still so far off gold. I just can't with this one. I know I missed the apex of second Spoon horribly. I also had a Code Brown moment like others here through 130R. I'm not going to give in just yet, even if hope is slim that I'll be able to gain a full 4 tenths on the final day tomorrow. I'm stubborn and don't want to lose my gold streak which extends out well over a year. Oh, and the two 4-star prizes I opened today? A big pile of dog 💩: connecting rods for the Nova and a fully customizable computer for the RX-7. I would have taken 10,000cr over stupid parts I'll never use. :rolleyes:
IMG_3072.jpg

Feel free to tell me everything I'm doing wrong on my lap. I'll try to put your advice to use tomorrow, not that my fingers and thumb will cooperate with my brain in doing so.

I finally had a pickup at Suzuka, though it was very small. And I'm still so far off gold. I just can't with this one. I know I missed the apex of second Spoon horribly. I also had a Code Brown moment like others here through 130R. I'm not going to give in just yet, even if hope is slim that I'll be able to gain a full 4 tenths on the final day tomorrow. I'm stubborn and don't want to lose my gold streak which extends out well over a year. Oh, and the two 4-star prizes I opened today? A big pile of dog 💩: connecting rods for the Nova and a fully customizable computer for the RX-7. I would have taken 10,000cr over stupid parts I'll never use. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1347288

Feel free to tell me everything I'm doing wrong on my lap. I'll try to put your advice to use tomorrow, not that my fingers and thumb will cooperate with my brain in doing so.

Try a gear higher just about everywhere. Bang down for turn in then right back up to accelerate...

Last edited:
I finally had a pickup at Suzuka, though it was very small. And I'm still so far off gold. I just can't with this one. I know I missed the apex of second Spoon horribly. I also had a Code Brown moment like others here through 130R. I'm not going to give in just yet, even if hope is slim that I'll be able to gain a full 4 tenths on the final day tomorrow.

This actually looks like a really smooth and clean lap, your lines are pretty much bang on. I would say try to spend less time coasting with no inputs. At least have a small amount of throttle through the corner to keep momentum up.

Also as the post above suggests, especially through sector 1, exiting each turn in 4th gives a bit more traction, allowing you to get on the power earlier. For T5 (long right), I would also suggest downshifting to 2nd on entry to get better rotation so you should be able to carry a bit more speed into the corner and then exiting in 4th. Its a lot of gear shifting which might be tricky depending on your controls, but this car requires it to get the best possible corner exit.

For 130R, I found you could reduce throttle to half (instead of coming off the throttle entirely) and dab the brakes before turn in and that didn't result in a spin although you may still get a wiggle.

Good luck! :gtpflag:

Try a gear higher just about everywhere. Bang down for turn in then right back up to accelerate...
This actually looks like a really smooth and clean lap, your lines are pretty much bang on. I would say try to spend less time coasting with no inputs. At least have a small amount of throttle through the corner to keep momentum up.

Also as the post above suggests, especially through sector 1, exiting each turn in 4th gives a bit more traction, allowing you to get on the power earlier. For T5 (long right), I would also suggest downshifting to 2nd on entry to get better rotation so you should be able to carry a bit more speed into the corner and then exiting in 4th. Its a lot of gear shifting which might be tricky depending on your controls, but this car requires it to get the best possible corner exit.

For 130R, I found you could reduce throttle to half (instead of coming off the throttle entirely) and dab the brakes before turn in and that didn't result in a spin although you may still get a wiggle.

Good luck! :gtpflag:
Thanks for the advice. Gearing - From the guides and videos I've watched, most exit turn 2 in 4th, the final 'S' in 4th, Degner 1 in 4th, Degner 2 in 3rd, the hairpin in 3rd, Spoon in 4th, and the chicane in 3rd before quickly shifting into 4th. I do the same through those corners. The esses seem to be a mixed bag. Some guys stay in 3rd for the entirety of it, others go between 3rd and 4th, and then you've got the those who stick to 4th entirely. My car feels like it plows like a dump truck if I switch up to 4th through there. I may give it a go anyway.

I am guilty of coasting more than I should. Spoon is a big culprit. It's a corner I just have trouble getting right, and I go off a ton through Spoon 1 when I try to apply the gas too early. So I end up playing it too safe and lose time plodding around with no input of any kind.

As for 130R, I've tried throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it, and that's the only way I can get through without dying. Normally I don't get quite THAT sideways! :lol:

Back