Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,365 comments
Make sure you're tight to the left at the first corner, turn in early for the righty (you can cut a good chunk of the track) to get a wide angle into Curva do Sol. As for gearing - 2nd into the first 'S' and immediately to 3rd through the right hander. 4th gear is your friend in Curva do Sol. Much more stable. Otherwise the rear will step out like you say.
Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight. Are you able to keep the throttle flat through Curva do Sol if you stay in 4th??

Despite the gain, I picked up 0 spots on my friend's alien leaderboard. :lol: Still about 8 hundredths off @Gomario JSP. I think it will take a near perfect lap if I want to get ahead. :mischievous:

View attachment 1351459
I feel pretty good about my P10 on your Alien Board! :lol:
I've been away from the game for a bit and discovered the new Skoda VGT TT. Is it me or does this thing steer and stop like the Titanic?

Why do these companies produce such awful electric car concepts? Were they designed by the local intern?
Best advice I can tell you is watch @Tidgney's lap guide for the brake markers, if you haven't already. This car requires huge braking distances that are further out than what I normally drive around WG. Not having to work out the brake points myself saved a ton of time and frustration with the car. After one stint I don't even mind driving it, but the lack of engine noise and single gear still are uncomfortable to experience.

You do bring up an interesting point, though. All these VGT's are so fast that people are not accustomed to what is required to slow down, and I wonder if designers are focusing enough attention on stopping distances. It would be interesting to see an actual test of 0 to some speed back to 0 to see how VGT's stack up against real cars.

Morning fellow addicts..

That VGT is getting kind of addictive i must say...., i yelled very hard at first but it's growing on me in some kind of way :lol:
Still love some slidy action way more, but it has it's own sort of like place in my head now :lol:

But man this is frustrating..... No clean lap this morning, this was my best, would have been an easy low 6xx if i didn't totally messed up the last corner 😟😟:banghead::banghead:😟😟:lol::lol::lol:

Did stole a few places within the top 100

@Dolph Drago nice rogression at Interlagos mate!, not going to take long for you too kick us down there! :bowdown: and it always s*cks if you improve and don't see it on the board, competition is killing with all these guys here :lol: :lol:

18f2dbd24dc45-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:

Best advice I can tell you is watch @Tidgney's lap guide for the brake markers, if you haven't already. This car requires huge braking distances that are further out than what I normally drive around WG. Not having to work out the brake points myself saved a ton of time and frustration with the car. After one stint I don't even mind driving it, but the lack of engine noise and single gear still are uncomfortable to experience.

You do bring up an interesting point, though. All these VGT's are so fast that people are not accustomed to what is required to slow down, and I wonder if designers are focusing enough attention on stopping distances. It would be interesting to see an actual test of 0 to some speed back to 0 to see how VGT's stack up against real cars.
To me the electric cars require very different driving style as I obviously rely strongly on motor braking with aggressive downshifts. So, it is sort of fun and will probably build charakter, too... In the long run it might help to further improve my driving skills.

On the other hand: I use an Skoda as my daily driver and if you know one, you know them all... 😁 Mine is black but now I aspire to silver... Happy lapping!

If you're looking for a parade of classic cars on Labour day, send me a PM.

I am sure most of you in this thread got this Dyson Skoda VGT covered but here is my lap. Do have a 1:34 in me but I may/may not invest further time into this depending on how good/bad the next TT is.

Now that I've spent some time with the Skoda I feel it sounds more like a subway/tube train than a vacuum cleaner. Turns like one too.

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

@Gomario JSP You are on fire! Well done on that lap. Really want to get into Top 100 myself for once but this may not be the place for it.

I am sure most of you in this thread got this Dyson Skoda VGT covered but here is my lap. Do have a 1:34 in me but I may/may not invest further time into this depending on how good/bad the next TT is.

Now that I've spent some time with the Skoda I feel it sounds more like a subway/tube train than a vacuum cleaner. Turns like one too.

View attachment 1351508
View attachment 1351509

@Gomario JSP You are on fire! Well done on that lap. Really want to get into Top 100 myself for once but this may not be the place for it.

Thanks mate!, with this one it's clearly that the longer you are vaccum cleaning with it, the cleaner your laps are :lol: :lol:
I'm sure if you would put in the time you'll be crushing my lap very soon cause most of the time you are above me :):)

Well, work is dragging me away from the wheel for the next couple of days. I think silver is safe with the Shaguar, but I was trying really hard for my first proper gold (I did get gold at that oval track, but it was dubbed pretty easy).
I love the Jag, my most driven car in GTS, but just couldn't squeeze the time out of it here. Never mind, a million will be well received and the combo was good fun!

I watched that last night and basically we need up to double the distance to brake over what we are accustomed to. It explains why I spent 20 minutes when I first started without even to manage to complete a successful lap. My 5% time was only my second successful lap with this vacuum. I'll probably head back to it and try again. Who knows, perhaps it will ensnare me and I'll end up liking the challenge like the Genesis VGT? 🤷‍♂️
this Dyson
You mean it sucks real well? :D

Last edited:
Throwing in the towel at Interlagos, as I’ll probably be doing GTWS tomorrow instead.

Took 62 laps and 90 mins to even get within a tenth of my PB, never mind the other tenth I still need for the gold. Probably blew my chance right there in the final corner.

IMG_4291.jpeg

IMG_4289.jpeg

Optimum is there which is why I kept going so long - what a fool I am, maybe I should get a pyrite medal for that.

Attachments

• IMG_4288.jpeg
    IMG_4288.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight. Are you able to keep the throttle flat through Curva do Sol if you stay in 4th??
I feather the throttle a bit at corner entry, but once I feel like I'm safe to make it through without running wide, it's pedal to the metal.
Yes, my friend's leaderboard is becoming more and more difficult to score high on. It's getting ridiculous! That's what I get for adding more people from this thread. :lol:
But man this is frustrating..... No clean lap this morning, this was my best, would have been an easy low 6xx if i didn't totally messed up the last corner 😟😟:banghead::banghead:😟😟:lol::lol::lol:

Did stole a few places within the top 100

@Dolph Drago nice rogression at Interlagos mate!, not going to take long for you too kick us down there! :bowdown: and it always s*cks if you improve and don't see it on the board, competition is killing with all these guys here :lol: :lol:
The last corner is a real a pain in the butt at Watkins Glen. It looks so simple, but it seems like whenever I'm on a really good lap, I miss the apex 9 times out of 10. :mad:

Not gaining places on my leaderboard despite besting my time by a good margin certainly is frustrating. It just speaks to how incredibly fast everyone has gotten here.

Wait..I...uhh...huh? Well, @Gomario JSP, here is my 'Where did this come from?' lap at the Glen. :lol: 62 miles where I couldn't come within half a second of my previous best (35.2), then suddenly a 4 tenth improvement. The bus stop and carrousel felt almost perfect, and I'm sure I gained a lot of time through there. I highly doubt I'll be able to improve on it, and depending on the next TT, I may be done with this one.
IMG_3116.jpg

I actually moved up nicely on my friends leaderboard this time, but as has been the case over the past I don't know how many TT's, I'm STILL behind a certain someone. :grumpy::P
IMG_3117.jpg

Last edited:
I know I probably sound like a broken record, but life just hasn't given me any time to play much GT7, let alone perfect my times in the TTs. Thankfully I had a moment this morning and was able to get into both the Interlagos and Watkins Glen TTs today.

Gold came pretty easy in both of them, fortunately. I don't think I put much more than 10 laps into either one! The Jaguar drives pretty well. As has been said, it's understeery, but you can abuse the sidewalls in the corners and just keep turning in when it feels like it's going to start losing traction. It's got quite a bit of grip there. It also offers a lot of feedback through the wheel which is nice, but it sure is bumpy coming onto the front straight!

I felt a little cheaty on the Watkins Glen TT in the Skoda because I did watch Tidge's video on it a couple days ago, so I knew a bit about the crazy braking distances and how the car behaves. It was a bit more fun than I thought it would be. It's a simple point and shoot most of the time... turn it in on partial/no throttle... wait... and hammer it when you have a straight line in front of you. For the uphill esses I found that a teeny drop in throttle would allow the car to tuck in without losing much momentum, and careful entry/exit through the bus-stop is important because it's very easy to run out the other side.

With it being an EV and 4WD I find that it creates a nice focus on the flow of the track, maintaining momentum, and smooth inputs. And without any madness like 130R in the McLaren, it is rewarding to keep lapping. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have any more time this week, so the Jag will probably have to stay where it is, but I may have some time to get the Skoda into the 1:34s.

Jaguar - Interagos - 1:34.703

Skoda - Watkins Glen - 1:35.895

Hoping for another loosey-goosey road car TT next week!

Last edited:
I won’t say I like this car but I’m finding the challenge interesting.

After getting a feel on the Abroad account I quickly improved my time to be +2.38%. I feel like there’s quite a bit more to be gained so, damn it, I’m now thinking I’ve got to work it to aim for sub 2%.

IMG_7998.jpeg

Oh yeah, the tape on my screen? She’s a fat beast. I had to put a second set of tape wider out so I’d stop putting the tires on the grass and crashing out. :D

Last edited:
I got my Skoda down to a 1:35.902 but then started to get frustrated with it, so I switch back to the Abroad account.

Within a few laps I got my sub 2% time. 😁.
IMG_7999.jpeg

Of course, what does that mean? I need to switch accounts again and retry TheNormsk.

Mission accomplished! :D
IMG_8002.jpeg

I feel pretty good getting on the top 10 on the leaderboard for both accounts with such company.
IMG_8001.jpeg

But, heck, 1265 global? Now I have to aim for top 1,000. Will it ever end?

Last edited:
Home time trial gold. 🇧🇷

I hope it holds because I'm not touching that green boat ever again. 😅

View attachment 1351707@CobraMJD
Well unfortunately I didn't enter the gold territory. My time was 1'36.231. I think I saved the video, I'll have to look tomorrow. Right now I need to eat and stay on schedule with my supplements. I think that 1'34.897 time will hold because Jeddah has not improved his time in a long while.

Wait..I...uhh...huh? Well, @Gomario JSP, here is my 'Where did this come from?' lap at the Glen. :lol: 62 miles where I couldn't come within half a second of my previous best (35.2), then suddenly a 4 tenth improvement. The bus stop and carrousel felt almost perfect, and I'm sure I gained a lot of time through there. I highly doubt I'll be able to improve on it, and depending on the next TT, I may be done with this one.
View attachment 1351667

I actually moved up nicely on my friends leaderboard this time, but as has been the case over the past I don't know how many TT's, I'm STILL behind a certain someone. :grumpy::P
View attachment 1351668

The long awaited miracle lap has arrived 🤣
Who would have thought that 🙄😂🥳🥳

Super smooth lap mate! And you nailed the busstop to the fullest 😁
by the looks of your lap I honestly can't tell where to gain?

That last corner is indeed one of the worst of the track it eats fast laps

Well done mate!

Probably due to this little issue.

Thanks. It always amazes me how people find these glitches. They'd have entered a BOP race, clicked the BOP button, but still found reason to go into settings not once, but twice! Why would you even go into settings in a BOP event?
I didn't even recognize that this was changed because I just rent cars for TTs, because it's so easy.
Me too most of the time, but even on the odd occasion I use a garage car, see above.
There was nothing on the cars you could change during the TTs that the glitch was active.
Good to hear, thanks.

Thanks. It always amazes me how people find these glitches. They'd have entered a BOP race, clicked the BOP button, but still found reason to go into settings not once, but twice! Why would you even go into settings in a BOP event?

Me too most of the time, but even on the odd occasion I use a garage car, see above.

Good to hear, thanks.
remember limited setting were allowed during race C last week.

I found its because I was in qualifying and trying to dial in supposed to be allowed setting.

Had a very busy week, this morning was the first chance since Friday for some GT7 action, and also the last chance to improve with the Jag
Final day, no patch. Gonna have to go rental and no livery on the XJ13. That sucks!
Yeah, broke my heart that I had to abandon my beautiful companion, but on the plus side I secured a top 500 and surpassed @GlockPants , so I guess it was worth it ;)

Attachments

• SHARE_20240501_1033150.jpeg
    SHARE_20240501_1033150.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 2
Back