Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,962 comments
I'm thinking of adding some extra scorecards on the other thread to the overall and calendar year ones. They will be by car type and all cars could probably be split into these categories:
  • Racing (Gr.1 to 4, formula cars, GT500, etc.)
  • Road - would include hyper cars such as the Valkyrie
  • VGT - no matter flavour, VGT is its own category
  • Rally/ Group B (including Pike's Peak Escudo)
Not sure where cars such as the Amuse, Radical or GReddy Fugu Z would go - road?

Let me have your input. I've put the full list to date under the spoiler to help think through odd ones.

TT#Car
1​
Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98
2​
SF19 SuperFormula
3​
Honda Civic
4​
Nissan Skyline SS
5​
Gr.4
6​
Gr.2
7​
Nissan Z Performance '23
8​
McLaren MP4/4 '88
9​
Corvette ZR1 '19
10​
Gr.3
11​
Nissan R34 GT-R V-spec II Nür '02
12​
Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98
13​
GT Red Bull X2019 Competition
14​
Honda NSX Type R '02
15​
Gr.4
16​
Porsche Cayman GT4 '16
17​
Volkswagen ID. R '19
18​
Honda NSX '17
19​
Gr.3
20​
Ford Mustang GT '15
21​
Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge '18
22​
Radical SR3 SL '13
23​
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20
24​
Gr.3
25​
Wicked Fabrication GT 51
26​
Gr.3
27​
Super Formula SF23
28​
GReddy Fugu Z
29​
Gr.1
30​
Audi TTS Coupé '14
31​
Gr.4
32​
Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '22
33​
Aston Martin Valkyrie '21
34​
Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
35​
Gr.3
36​
Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior
37​
Dodge Viper GTS '13
38​
Mazda LM55 VGT
39​
Maserati MC20 '20
40​
Gr.2
41​
Ferrari 330 P4 '67
42​
Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20
43​
Aston Martin DB5 '64
44​
Gr.3
45​
Gr.3
46​
Garage RCR Civic
47​
Gr.1
48​
Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT
49​
Gr.4
50​
MB Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20
51​
Nismo 400R '95
52​
Toyota GR Yaris RZ "High Performance" '20
53​
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22
54​
Gr.3
55​
Alpine A110 Première Édition '17
56​
Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)
57​
Shelby G.T.350 '65
58​
Gr.2
59​
Alfa Romeo 4C '14
60​
Toyota Supra GT500 '97
61​
Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12
62​
Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
63​
Genesis X Gran Berlinetta VGT Concept
64​
Gr.4
65​
Gr.3
66​
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
67​
1932 Ford Roadster
68​
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06
69​
Bugatti Veyron Gr.4
70​
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
71​
Chevrolet Chaparral 2X VGT
72​
Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99
73​
McLaren Ultimate VGT
74​
KTM X-BOW R '12
75​
Jaguar XJ13 '66
76​
Škoda VGT
77​
AFEELA Prototype 2024
78​
Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4
Maybe something like this: P.H.C Privately held company

I'm thinking of adding some extra scorecards on the other thread to the overall and calendar year ones. They will be by car type and all cars could probably be split into these categories:
  • Racing (Gr.1 to 4, formula cars, GT500, etc.)
  • Road - would include hyper cars such as the Valkyrie
  • VGT - no matter flavour, VGT is its own category
  • Rally/ Group B (including Pike's Peak Escudo)
Not sure where cars such as the Amuse, Radical or GReddy Fugu Z would go - road?

Let me have your input. I've put the full list to date under the spoiler to help think through odd ones.
Interesting idea. How about EV category (or non-ICE) and Road Classics (pre ~1980)? These stand out to me as different challenge compared to the rest.

Last edited:
18f7d0a3c189-screenshotUrl.jpg

18f7d0a60c231-screenshotUrl.jpg

Good one. Good optimals still. I love it. Super fun and the difference between being fast and not is so razor thin. Late throttle. That's the key. Also listen for the drivetrain to really howl. That's when you have ALL the steering. Literally on rails if your gears are screaming.

I think this thing has a Torque vectoring diff like the mk 7 and up GTIs. It pulls so hard out of corners. Also don't let it fool you because it's a little 4 banger. These motors have always made torque and that's what is speed on this track. Absolutely fun combo.

View attachment 1355641

View attachment 1355642

Good one. Good optimals still. I love it. Super fun and the difference between being fast and not is so razor thin. Late throttle. That's the key. Also listen for the drivetrain to really howl. That's when you have ALL the steering. Literally on rails if your gears are screaming.

I think this thing has a Torque vectoring diff like the mk 7 and up GTIs. It pulls so hard out of corners. Also don't let it fool you because it's a little 4 banger. These motors have always made torque and that's what is speed on this track. Absolutely fun combo.

That difference in gearing is indeed huge!, very cool to see that more roads leads to Rome ( is that even a saying in other countries?? ) nice time mate!

Second (and last) try with the Afeela, loaded a ghost to help speed up the process, and went into silver territory in the first lap.

Improved here and there thanks to seeing up to what point it was possible to abuse kerbs (but got some invalid laps in the process).

Optimal is near gold, best is 1s from gold, if the combo was more exciting I think I would have worked with it more to reach gold.

18f7d71b83080-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1355641

View attachment 1355642

Bravo mon ami 👏👏👏👏:bowdown::bowdown: Your lap is very clean !!!!! For me, It's going to be hard to come back to your side...

Still no improvement at Laguna Seca so I decided to hop into the vacuum cleaner one last time. Really need to unlearn some things in the Scirocco, otherwise I'm stuck with my PB from day one. Sony car on the other hand – the tenths keep dropping, but driving this thing gets tediously boring quickly.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240516010832.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240516010938_1.png

Last edited:
After getting nowhere two days ago, I dropped my time at Laguna Seca by a couple of tenths tonight. Naturally, I would have easily me best final sector the same lap where the rest of the lap was very average. I think a sub 28 is possible (my optimal was just under), but I'm finding it hard to drop time in this particular TT.
IMG_3153.jpg

New TT looks interesting, although the car is a little uninspiring. Had a longish run in the Scirocco yesterday, but could barely post a clean lap. Fast forward 24 hours, and a 10 lap session this evening delivered this beauty! Not sure if there’s much left in the tank, but will give it another go at the weekend :cheers:
1715837382917.jpeg

1715837401982.jpeg

1715837433686.jpeg

Last edited:
This is going to be oversteer heaven boys :) :), slip and slide :)
I would say ( altho they should give us a track that hasn't been in a trial before ) this must be a great combo
pretty balanced car imo.

I'll Nokia it this evening and hope i still feel the same then :lol:
gulp, this will be and evil combo!
brands hatch: I like it's story and respect it, but those high speed, low visibility corners are not exactly my cup of tea
oversteerty car: again, not my cup of thea, other than parking them in the sand

all in all this will be quite challenging and out of the confort zone

zjn
gulp, this will be and evil combo!
brands hatch: I like it's story and respect it, but those high speed, low visibility corners are not exactly my cup of tea
oversteerty car: again, not my cup of thea, other than parking them in the sand

all in all this will be quite challenging and out of the confort zone

I thought that too last time we had the Genesis out there, but that went rather well for me somewhere in place 72....73 or something and the track realy surprised me, wasnt fan of it until that TT :) :)

Maby it will change your mind too :):)

I thought that too last time we had the Genesis out there, but that went rather well for me somewhere in place 72....73 or something and the track realy surprised me, wasnt fan of it until that TT :) :)

Maby it will change your mind too :):)
will see. I forgot that we already went through it, but looking at my records I can see it was not exactly my best 🤣 (104,49% time, 35,17% users)

It was also some time ago. It think I improved a bit meanwhile, so it's a good sanity check!

Let's go for it

Best track in the game imo, and happens to be my local, might give this one the love and attention it deserves, I've been loving daily race B. I do think it will be a bit tricky with those tyres though, it's not exactly a forgiving track, especially that back section around Westfield, Dingle Dell and Sheene.

As a random side note, I'm going to a Super Touring event at Brands in just over a month too, looking forward to seeing those beasts flying round Paddock again (watched the '94 BTCC race there as a 6 year old :) ).

Back