Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,893 comments
Nurburgring will have to wait. Beach day and air show!!

1000073479.jpg

1000073478.jpg

Don't get discouraged mate, this combo needs miles to get to know the car, it's not the easiest one...
Tricky track and tricky car imo.

I'll share my replay shortly, went to a 39.3 I think, maby it helps you.

You got this mate, still early and lots of time to learn the combo!
Thank you very much my friend for this encouragement. Indeed the track is delicate but above all very long. It's very hard to maintain optimal concentration until the end. I've just about managed to understand how the car works and how it reacts, but I feel like I'm at full throttle the whole time !!!! As I go back to work next week I won't have time to run around. I still managed to improve my time today by 1 second and 300 tenths to be at 7'48'551 but 7'43'444 seems very, very far away. Yet it's a great combo but very hard.
1716649350456709964828617676236.jpg

Nurburgring will have to wait. Beach day and air show!!

View attachment 1358325
View attachment 1358326
That looks rather satisfying right there mate, enjoy!, have a good weekend!
Thank you very much my friend for this encouragement. Indeed the track is delicate but above all very long. It's very hard to maintain optimal concentration until the end. I've just about managed to understand how the car works and how it reacts, but I feel like I'm at full throttle the whole time !!!! As I go back to work next week I won't have time to run around. I still managed to improve my time today by 1 second and 300 tenths to be at 7'48'551 but 7'43'444 seems very, very far away. Yet it's a great combo but very hard.
View attachment 1358340
For me it also took longer than normal to adapt, it's just a very difficult track, and the WR is even more insane on this track....those guys don't make mistakes 🤣

That looks rather satisfying right there mate, enjoy!, have a good weekend!

For me it also took longer than normal to adapt, it's just a very difficult track, and the WR is even more insane on this track....those guys don't make mistakes 🤣
I will go back to it later tonight. Last night's lap was decent but I lost well over a second to @Metalgear9493 's ghost between the mini carousel and the straight. Not sure what happened.....brain had too much beam burritos maybe? Aiming for 38s and hopeful for 37s

I will go back to it later tonight. Last night's lap was decent but I lost well over a second to @Metalgear9493 's ghost between the mini carousel and the straight. Not sure what happened.....brain had too much beam burritos maybe? Aiming for 38s and hopeful for 37s
Sounds promising mate,
I think a 38 is def possible for me but I doubt I'll reach the 37's .... as for now I'm way to inconsistent on half of the track 🤣🤣
I was a second up on my 39.6 before hitting the very LAST guardrail on the inside coming up on the straight 🤣🤣.......evil red numbers appeared 🤣

Did pushed out a semi code brown sort of decsent lap but sooo much to learn here!

1000020551.jpg

It seems if I do really well on the first half of the Ring, I spend the second half driving clenched up so as not to mess up my lap.
Barely got bronze, going to have to be ok with that
From a mental perspective it's certainly the most demanding track in the game no doubt. You get through 5 or 6 minutes with a good time and the tension just ramps up exponentially because of how incredibly frustrating it is to blow it in the last minute or 2. I mean if I had a PB rounding the last right before the finish line and I tagged the fence my head would explode. lol

From a mental perspective it's certainly the most demanding track in the game no doubt. You get through 5 or 6 minutes with a good time and the tension just ramps up exponentially because of how incredibly frustrating it is to blow it in the last minute or 2. I mean if I had a PB rounding the last right before the finish line and I tagged the fence my head would explode. lol
Lmao, I actually screwed up the last corner on my best lap.Was feeling good and let my guard down, Green Hell did not approve! I have been playing GT since the OG, have always avoided the Ring. I have spent the past 2 months devoted to learning the track, and I finally get why peeps love it so much. Really is a love hate relationship.

Last edited:
BWX
Thanks for uploading that PSVR2 view. Nice smooth lap! I'll be happy if I can get anywhere close to it. Has me realizing I'm over-driving the car sometimes, under-driving car at times, braking to late, braking to early, braking to hard sometimes, too much steering input, blowing apexes, not using all of the road, etc.. 😆 Once in a while I have to look down at map to see what's coming up even though I've driven around here 10,000 times.

I think I have some work to do to gain 3 more seconds for gold. But at least it's fun.

Uploaded my best lap so far directly from PS5 (PSVR2 view). Same lap time as I posted before 7:47:313. I should probably follow a slower ghost and have it farther out, resetting. Or try not following a ghost at all but it usually helps me to judge where I'm gaining and losing time at least, since there's no delta timer in VR. Might try default ABS instead of weak too.

No problem, and thanks for the kind words. You ran a fast lap as well, and if this were a real life lap during a touristenfahrten you would be labeled a maniac for how quickly you were driving! Haha.

We're both in similar spots where we're decently quick, but there are a billion little things that can be changed to whittle our times down. It's hard to say what the quickest way through many corners is. Some could warrant kicking the car into little feint drifts, some will need slow settled entries and bogging it out in a higher gear than you might expect, some have apex points that are unusual, and everything requires getting the car gripped up and on throttle ASAP.

For me, the balance of where to go fast and where to check up bites me... for instance coming out of foxhole into adenaur forst I try to fly through the uphill left-hand kink, but then that usually ends up with me blowing the entry into adenaur and the exit out of there, which can carry losses all the way down the following straight. The Ring is going to reward or punish us hundreds of times a lap when we make tiny mistakes, and it's a tall order to get everything "right" for an entire lap.

I don't know how many times I've "driven" the Nordschleife, but it's up there (between the GT games and FH4 over the years). Fortunately, I do have a good mental picture of the track and no longer forget where things are. I think of some of the sections as little repeats of each other. Metzgesfeld through miss-hit-miss feels like two similar sections back to back (L through a kink followed by a downhill right), and later (right after the karussell) hohe acht through youtube corner (my favorite part of the track, both R over a crest then down into double-apex L, then down R and out) feels very similar, and they both seem like two sections that repeat themselves. It helps my brain break it up into sections that are like different individual tracks within the whole. I used to always forget bergwerk and just fly into the wall there for years and eventually just repeated a mantra of "no straight until the bergwerk corner sings" to break the habit... haha.

I too run ABS weak, but see that people are mentioning how default settles the car more (even though I think the Porsche is pretty planted), so I'll probably give that a shot the next time around. Good luck on your future runs, hopefully we'll both be back here soon with better lap times. If I get into sub 7:40s I'll be pretty happy with that.

Lmao, I actually screwed up the last corner on my best lap.Was feeling good and let my guard down, Green Hell did not approve! I have been playing GT since the OG, have always avoided the Ring. I have spent the past 2 months devoted to learning the track, and I finally get why peeps love it so much. Really is a love hate relationship.
It's truly an epic race track. It's like three great tracks strung together.

Quick question now that I'm thinking about it, in these TTs the BoP is fixed, but does that extend to downforce? Does downforce play a part here?

I put the big wing-over-wing setup on the 993... because it's awesome, but I never looked at DF values compared to the factory foil.

CD2BB990-43A5-4C4A-B6A8-0FF4042AE14B.jpeg

Does DF come into play here? Am I slowing myself down on the straights trying to look like a cool guy? Haha.

Last edited:
Wife in the shower means aircooled 911 power...🤣, quickly hopped in the Martini again, i just need to make laps to make it better, make it my own..tame miss Martini 🤣

Into the 38's with less code browns.....but i just can't get a clean lap in, always a few corners that are bad 🙈🤣 very curious what a clean lap would be.....

1000020554.jpg

I absolutely love the track. The car is quite nice. But it's hard for me to stay focused a whole lap at this track. And as the sum of the mistakes makes the lap time my gold series, running for a couple of weeks, now has definitely come to and end.
But It's not a shame as it was the Nord which stopped it :bowdown:

I just sneaked in the 🥈 and hope for some improvements to be able to stay there.

1000012302.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Last edited:
No problem, and thanks for the kind words. You ran a fast lap as well, and if this were a real life lap during a touristenfahrten you would be labeled a maniac for how quickly you were driving! Haha.

We're both in similar spots where we're decently quick, but there are a billion little things that can be changed to whittle our times down. It's hard to say what the quickest way through many corners is. Some could warrant kicking the car into little feint drifts, some will need slow settled entries and bogging it out in a higher gear than you might expect, some have apex points that are unusual, and everything requires getting the car gripped up and on throttle ASAP.

For me, the balance of where to go fast and where to check up bites me... for instance coming out of foxhole into adenaur forst I try to fly through the uphill left-hand kink, but then that usually ends up with me blowing the entry into adenaur and the exit out of there, which can carry losses all the way down the following straight. The Ring is going to reward or punish us hundreds of times a lap when we make tiny mistakes, and it's a tall order to get everything "right" for an entire lap.

I don't know how many times I've "driven" the Nordschleife, but it's up there (between the GT games and FH4 over the years). Fortunately, I do have a good mental picture of the track and no longer forget where things are. I think of some of the sections as little repeats of each other. Metzgesfeld through miss-hit-miss feels like two similar sections back to back (L through a kink followed by a downhill right), and later (right after the karussell) hohe acht through youtube corner (my favorite part of the track, both R over a crest then down into double-apex L, then down R and out) feels very similar, and they both seem like two sections that repeat themselves. It helps my brain break it up into sections that are like different individual tracks within the whole. I used to always forget bergwerk and just fly into the wall there for years and eventually just repeated a mantra of "no straight until the bergwerk corner sings" to break the habit... haha.

I too run ABS weak, but see that people are mentioning how default settles the car more (even though I think the Porsche is pretty planted), so I'll probably give that a shot the next time around. Good luck on your future runs, hopefully we'll both be back here soon with better lap times. If I get into sub 7:40s I'll be pretty happy with that.
Thanks.. I know what you mean, in real life the fear of serious injury or death would slow me down quite bit. If I drive it enough times in a row I start to remember everything again. I never payed attention to corner names (I probably should start doing that), but where I circled always seem to start looking the same and I often confuse corners and don't set up for them quite right. And some of those big looping right hand turns look the same and if I lose concentration, and completely botch the entry and braking points. In real life it would be terrifying trying to push hard but I imagine in real life you'd be able to pick out more obvious differences and markers to help you out. I think VR helps because you can see/ feel elevation so much better. But just knowing the track a little better would probably save me a couple seconds. It's a good challenge, that's for sure.

Nordschleife-full-lap 2.jpg

So many glaring mistakes in my second attempt at the Nord, Flugplatz being most egregious putting my wheels off. That's one of those spots you lose a TON of time if you don't get it right with that long straight afterwards. Despite everything, I picked up 2 seconds from Thursday. I reckon a 7:36.x is definitely in the books if I avoid dumb errors. I also changed to ABS Default, which...didn't feel much different to me? I don't know. I trust it's faster by those who have stated so! :lol:
IMG_3183.jpg

Optimal was a 7:36 on that two lap session. Sector 2 (obviously, since it contains Flagplutz) was off, I had a slidey bit in sector 9, and I got into the final set of corners too hot and really had to woe up the car which you can see in the replay.
IMG_3182.jpg

Back