Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,901 comments
Finally got a 35! Think I might retire this one now :)

I’ve found a few times when I’ve made a silly mistake and in my head the laps over, I’ll just chuck it into the next sequence of corners with anger and don’t care if I crash attitude….only to find the car responds even better than I thought and I’ve made all the time back again!

IMG_9677.jpeg

Forget about 7:38s...I'm hunting for 7:36s now!

1000073499.jpg

I was actually about to abandon this lap because of the LOL 1st sector, but decided to continue for practice. Also lost the rear big time before the carousel. I was very surprised when I saw my split time at the gantry.

View attachment 1358517

I was actually about to abandon this lap because of the LOL 1st sector, but decided to continue for practice. Also lost the rear big time before the carousel. I was very surprised when I saw my split time at the gantry.

Nice lap! Thanks for confirming that you're doing everything that I'm doing, just faster.

So many invalidated laps... So many...

View attachment 1358517

That's a beaut! Gonna be another dogfight between us. Your split going into the final sector is 7:13.185. My split is...7:13.185. :eek: Insane! (and furthering my annoyance at getting into final corners too hot) :lol:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, I had an extremely busy day yesterday, I went to get my haircut, went grocery shopping, went bowling and went out to eat at a fancy restaurant. I enjoyed life and it was nice to take a break from gt7.

But now...back to work and on topic. My goal is to get a sub 1'47.500 at Brands Hatch which would be enough for a gold ranking time. I gotta push, grind and work hard these next 3-4 days. So wish me luck.

@Evilmuffin great beach photo, I like it. I saw you had fun with your friends out there.

man, sometimes you just gotta turn off the console and go for a walk! I just had a hellish session at the ring. Trying to get a silver time, I'm in the :54s and I can't for the life of me get a decent lap done! It got to the point where I thought maybe my wheel calibration had gotten messed up or something but nope, I reset that just to be sure and still I'm driving off the track everywhere. And I'm talking grandma-style sunday driving here - I'm just trying to get a clean lap! Just so frustrating. Had to shut it down for now.

Tried following an Alien Ghost at the Ring today, s/he was easily 4 or 5 seconds ahead within the first minute! Managed one clean lap, a second slower than my PB, the remainder ended up with losing the back end or ramming hedges/fences. Travel for work tomorrow for a few days, the break might do me good! :cheers: Well done to everyone who's got a medal on this one, it's a tough TT! :bowdown:

Last edited:
This one is going to be rough for me. Did a couple laps and sitting at a 45.3. Nord brings out the aliens and I am not good with the slidey road cars... I'm more of a point-and-shoot kinda driver. Needing to find three seconds is a bit discouraging but I'll give it some more goes.
Hey...if you look at it differently, finding 3 seconds on a 7:30 lap is equivalent to finding 6/10s on a 1:30 lap. While not exactly a walk in the park, but a lot less daunting than it sounds.

As for the car, if you don't over drive it, it is suprisingly steady. Also, a little bravery during turn in can rotate the car enough for you to pin the trottle down very early and blast out of the corner.

Wow I just managed to get into a gold time at Brands yesterday and I am really learning things there.

I hopped into the Porsche for a bit and couldn’t get through the 3rd sector before invalidating the lap. I know if there is any hope of achieving a gold that I need to focus on this now. The focus and intensity required here for me are next level. My natural speed might best be described as relaxed.

I’m really impressed with how well everyone is doing.

After spending 2 hours yesterday at Brands Hatch consistently getting 1:45.9** I didn't improve my PB 😭

Went back at it today for 1 hour and....

Improved from 1:45.772 to 1:45.762

A whole 0.01 second 🤣

I was getting the feel for the car again and following my PB ghost I could see where I was going wrong and some laps I would be quicker on T1 and others I'd be quicker on the straight from T4 but I just couldn't put it all together in 1 lap

Looks like no more top 500 for me this time, currently 680 until others improve again 😔

On another note, I did just pick up a gaming computer so may end up with some wheel time hitting Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
Guys please tell me this will be enough for Gold, my 7:40.980 lap. As a complete newbie on the ‘Ring I feel this is as quick as I can get, minus the 2 errors on Wehrseifen (Why did I shift down to 1st!?) and the mini carousel.

Please let me know if there is any other low hanging fruits that I can improve in my lap - just in case the sub 7:30 aliens found another 2s in theirs…

8239-EED3-69-DB-499-B-9-BB9-AA9-B581-D5-F5-C.jpg

IMG-0629.jpg

IMG-0630.jpg

@Nebuc72 Just found out we are using the same livery for this TT. If only my lap is a bit more like yours…😵‍💫

IMG-0631.jpg

Last edited:
Over the years, I have grown to love the Nordschleife but I know that I am not very fast here and it takes an enormous amount of effort to achieve a 'gold' time. Day three today with zero completed laps but I was very close. Finally, a completed lap at 7:43.224 and just outside a gold time. I have to restart after each red lap as that is what works for me here...and I have restarted a lot this week! :scared:

Nearly 350 miles in three days and my second completed lap...I really hope this holds for a gold time.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240526125714.jpg

Well after a morning session where I was so out of control I thought maybe I was having a stroke or something I went back in for more this afternoon and things went much better. I managed to get in the flow and started to put some solid laps together. Ended up taking 1.2 seconds off my PB. Still not silver! This is a frikkin hard TT! But a solid improvement and I finally felt like I was figuring a couple sections out and finding some significant time.

IMG_1826.JPG

After blitzing sector 1, Flugplatz happens...again. :banghead: A gain of half a second from yesterday, but I would have been very close to a sub 37 if I didn't drop my wheels off that unforgiving right hander. Oh, by the way, I'm 2nd on my friends list...3 SECONDS behind @djolliea. 👽
View attachment 1358769

Awesome mate!, you guys are killing it!,
At this moment I have to admit that the Ring isn't my strongest point/track🙈🙈🤣 , you guys are unbeatable here!, well done!

I went fishing instead of lapping 👌🤣

After blitzing sector 1, Flugplatz happens...again. :banghead: A gain of half a second from yesterday, but I would have been very close to a sub 37 if I didn't drop my wheels off that unforgiving right hander. Oh, by the way, I'm 2nd on my friends list...3 SECONDS behind @djolliea. 👽
View attachment 1358769

I tried today.....but out of probably 100 miles I did, I finished 1....ONE single lap. I musta been really pushing it since I'm losibg control just about everywhere. One of them especially hurt...I was at less half a second up after the mini carousel, then I dip my left tires on the grass on the right turn entry going to the straight. I gave up at that point 🫠

Last edited:
Day 1 at Brands Hatch
This car is quite fun to drive around this track (at least on controller).
TT-BrandsHatch-almost.jpg

My aim here is to go into 45s. The optimal is already there, but I need to drop it further for getting a chance the whole lap to materialize.

Last edited:
When I first tried the Brands Hatch TT, I really hated it. Found it almost impossible to drive. Came back to it today after a week away and finally figured out how to drive this car. Still tricky at times. This was the lap I was on for 1:45.x pace, only to lose it in the last corners 🤦‍♂️

Finally got my time down to an acceptable 1:46.022. Did not get into the 45 though again though there’s another couple tenths in me.

IMG_8156.jpeg

I felt like I was cheating though as I had CSA on to strong.

I then switched back to my main Normsk account and was able to get gold without CSA but then cheated again and took more time off….

Last edited:
Ah, the 'Ring. I got addicted to GT5 back in the day because of the Nordschleife. And I actually had the opportunity to ride on it in a colleague's vintage 911 several years ago.

Needless to say, when I first saw it posted, I was very much looking forward to this TT!!

Finally was able to run a couple stints this morning before running errands this afternoon. This is not going to be easy! I know there's more time to be found out there, and I'm glad I have the rest of the 3-day weekend plus next weekend to search for it.

So far, haven't made it to Gold yet, but I'm close, and I'm definitely not alone. And you guys on my friends list that are just killing it under 7:40, @Evilmuffin @Gomario JSP @Dolph Drago , well done!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:. I'm going to enjoy seeing how close I can come to that.

TT_Nurb_911.jpeg

1716789585246.jpeg

Got my haircut Saturday. This is my picture/face. And back there is our kitchen. I am about to give up on the Silvia TT, things are not working out for me here. I keep getting laps between 1'49.216 and 1'50.819. I'm glad they are consisitent but I'm not seeing improvement here which bugs the crap out of me.

Man, I was so hoping to get in the mid 1'48.000's. At least I would have been okay with earning the silver medal. And honestly I don't know how well I'll perform at the long Nords track. We'll see what happens this week.

Back