Time Trial/ Drift Trial #67

Thanks Doodle and Krenkme! Went from my best of 1:49.xx to 1:48.607. I had to use AS strong and lowered the LSD to 25 from 30, as I'm not that good at sliding the car around the corners. I try not to use AS as a preference. Back to not using AS and LSD 30.....

I also tried the Rear ARB on 1 and 3 and got interesting results...

Nice Doodle. I'll be sure to try those changes ... although I'm a little scared about the brake balance, and rear toe :nervous:... I just might like it :dopey:

I do enjoy letting the rear kick out a bit. :sly: It's also faster, if you can control it.

Last edited:
krenkme
Had this tune sitting on share for some time now and would like to see the real drivers try it out
HERE IT IS.
Tell me what it needs

Just by looking at your setup and imagining how I'd drive it on the track I feel I need to adjust the following:
antiroll = front 2, rear 1
dampers: extensions = F5 / R6 ; compressions = F5 / R4
rear camber less than 1.5

... if that helps. I will have a go the way it is though.

Last edited:
I use a different setup then the one posted. But I have a question to all you guys on the Rankings I see the best times are around low 1.47 however my best time is 1.53.100 and this is the best time I could get from the setup I use. My question is as cars are "equal" 600 PP and mine is 700 bhp 1300 kg could someone try to explain me how you manage to shake 6 seconds difference on this time trial ?

Thanks a lot to Doodle and Krenkme for the tune.....

01:49.035 03.741 AT 0 8 8 P Viper SRT10 ACR '08.....pos 376 i think...i used the easy way as you see with tc 8 and abs 8 for my ds3 ...not bad for me coze i havent much time..lol

Last edited:
Higher bhp heavyer car more torque different chatactoristics. I'm at 46.4 and i wouldn't drive car with 700hp on sports hards... think I'm at 600hp and 1400ish kg plus my tune also weight reduct car then add weight back that way u can put more weight at back to help it slide through turns better?

Ok. So here's what I've been using. Sorry it took so long, I've been busy all day. Note that the bolded values indicates a change from krenkme's setup. There might be a 1:44 possible with this setup if you are a better driver than me and/or have figured out the track completely.

634hp
566ft-lb
1457kg

600pp

Suspension
Ride Height: -5/-5
Spring Rate: 14.5/13.0
Dampers (Extension): 5/5
Dampers (Compression): 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/2
Camber Angle: 1.8/2.2
Toe Angle: -0.20/-0.10

LSD
5/30/5

Downforce

Brake Balance
5/7

Weight Adjustment
Ballast Amount: 200
Ballast Position: 50

Weight distribution should be 43/57

Power Limiter
98.7%

Transmission
1st: 3.308
2nd: 2.400
3rd: 1.900
4th: 1.535
5th: 1.270
6th: 1.073
Final: 2.600
Top Speed: 180mph/290km/h

Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood (Doesn't matter which one)

Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard

Used this set-up just now for five runs without any added aero/wing and ran a 1:48.1xx. Really need to be smooth on the brakes and pick-up the throttle early to help rotate through the corners.

Thinking I'll try it with the wing added next.

Used this set-up just now for five runs without any added aero/wing and ran a 1:48.1xx. Really need to be smooth on the brakes and pick-up the throttle early to help rotate through the corners.

Tried 8 runs just now with 38 for the rear wing and got a 1:47.219. Need to clean up my exit onto the strait.

Just managed a 147.169 but had 146.8xx red lap :grumpy:

I think maybe 146.5xx is possible for me if I can put together a clean lap.

I have found that the wing is like the wings on my adult sons cars, mostly for show, in fact one has removed his factory fitted wing.

I dropped it down below 30, 25 is minimum, and I didn't notice any appreciable difference, although it allows a small improvement in hp.

Does the engine sound like someone is using a jackhammer under the bonnet when you accelerate in the higher gears? Mine does.

Incidentally, I'm only on 1:49.5 or thereabouts so my opinion may not hold too much water compared to that of the faster blokes here. And unlike Doodle I went for low weight and lower hp (as usual) and find it about the same as higher weight and higher hp, and it likely helps with later braking.

Does the engine sound like someone is using a jackhammer under the bonnet when you accelerate in the higher gears? Mine does.

Yeah sounds like they closed the hood but left one of the mechanics under there and he's thumping like crazy to be let out :D

Tried 8 runs just now with 38 for the rear wing and got a 1:47.219. Need to clean up my exit onto the strait.

With this setup I have massive understear I use different setup for my car the one founded here: Praiano`s Tunes DODGE VIPER SRT10 ACR '08 // 600PP // RACING TIRES

And I could say that the mentioned tuning works better then the one in this tread. However my times are really slow I don`t know why but I`m faster with the tuning in the link.

Last edited:
With this setup I have massive understear I use different setup for my car the one founded here: Praiano`s Tunes DODGE VIPER SRT10 ACR '08 // 600PP // RACING TIRES

And I could say that the mentioned tuning works better then the one in this tread. However my times are really slow I don`t know why but I`m faster with the tuning in the link.

I tried that tune first and modded it a bit to fit the sport hard tires. Liking the tune that doodle modded in this thread a bit better. May try and build another one without the rear wing as I have a touch more understeer to my liking with the rear wing now installed. Will try to lower the wing setting to say 30 next and see how I like it. Key with this car IMO is smooth everywhere, braking, steering and the throttle. Really liking this TT and the need to be as clean as possible to avoid that RED lap when you are on a good lap.

I am loving this TT, it has been lots of fun this week so far, running lap after lap and modifying my tune as i go, also a little bit infuriating at times too and i have been using all those bad words.

I seem to have found a nice balance in my tune and in the last few hours have gone from a 1:49.199 #534 to a 1:48.556 #286, I am pleased that i have managed to break into the 1:48's today as i thought it was not going to happen no matter what i tried with the tuning.

this is the tune I have been using for drift trial 67 using the buick special

all upgraded parts
suspension
-20 -20
5.0 8.0
10 10
10 8
7 6

1.0 4.0
1.00 -1.00
lsd

just reset transmission to default

good luck I hope this helps some one improve

Bumped the wing back up to 40 and can stay within .200-.500 of doodle's ghost up until the last sector and loose over a second over driving the car in that last complex of corners.

Managed 1:45.6 Will post set up later

But it is very basic, and havent changed toe or lsd

Last edited:
Set up Viper SRT10 ACR 08

1:45.6 .... EDIT 1:45.3

Active Steering Strong
-20, 40
12.8, 12.0
7, 7 EDIT 6
6, 7 5
4, 5
Camber 1.6, 1.2
Toe -0.20, 0.15 , LSD 10 45 20
Brake balance 5, 6

Weight reduction 3.. 200kg +50
Aero 40

NOTE
This tune is just a quick base. If you want to make it faster you can play around with it

GTP_Cbastjan

Last edited:
Bumped the wing back up to 40 and can stay within .200-.500 of doodle's ghost up until the last sector and loose over a second over driving the car in that last complex of corners.

And I usually loose 3-4 tenths to the leaders in the last sector. :lol: Keep on pushing, you'll get up there.

Cb
Managed 1:45.6 Will post set up later

But it is very basic, and havent changed toe or lsd

So that's how I got bumped out of the top 10. :lol: I've been able to be within 2 tenths of the leader at sector 2 so there's a good half second to find. Nice lap.

So that's how I got bumped out of the top 10. :lol: I've been able to be within 2 tenths of the leader at sector 2 so there's a good half second to find. Nice lap.[/QUOTE]

It was not my intention to bump you out of top 10.. :nervous:

Thanks you too :). Am I the only one struggling to keep up with Bonelli on the straight?

Cb
So that's how I got bumped out of the top 10. :lol: I've been able to be within 2 tenths of the leader at sector 2 so there's a good half second to find. Nice lap.

Thanks you too :). Am I the only one struggling to keep up with Bonelli on the straight?[/QUOTE]

Transmission?

Cb

Thanks you too :). Am I the only one struggling to keep up with Bonelli on the straight?

:lol: I think he's using less downforce, because I've been able to brake much harder than him and go a little bit quicker in the turns.

And I usually loose 3-4 tenths to the leaders in the last sector. :lol: Keep on pushing, you'll get up there.

Improved .100 tonight after 10 or so runs to a 1:47.1xx. I can be ahead of your ghost in sector one and then .400-.500 behind in sector two and the loose time again in sector three. Thinking to try a higher gear in the last complex of corners to see if that makes me smoother and not losing so much time. I think I lose a second in the last tight right hander before the strait.

Yeah sounds like they closed the hood but left one of the mechanics under there and he's thumping like crazy to be let out :D

its the standard intake manifold. if you switch to sports it goes away. But adds PP

Well managed a 146.958. Had a good first corner and actually came out in front of PBonelli's ghost :D Rest of the lap was solid but still losing some time on that final corner. I know there's another 0.5 sec there but finding it in a single lap will be a challenge.

Well I'm stuck on 1:46:919 having a great first sector am actually half a car ahead of bonelli until the entrance of the 4th then I'm losing out through the fast chicane and rest of the lap I can see a high 45 if I can hook that last sector up with out to much sliding

Latest Posts

Back