Time Trial - Nürburgring Nordschleife - 100% stock Honda NSX Type R 2002

• Thread starter SergioRZ
  • 220 comments
Oh, I like these types of threads (as long as no one "cheats")

100% stock for me means no tuning whatsoever, stock tyres (sports hards which come with the car), and not messing with any settings in LSD, suspension, etc.

For assists, everything off aside from ABS, but I assume that ABS can also be turned off right (it does make it a lot harder, especially for pad users)?

Controller sensivity? Any rules about that? Or it's our own choice?

From what I can tell, over 8 minutes is a lap that needs some work.
Sub 7:50 - 8:00 is an average lap.
Sub 7:40 - 7:50 is a good lap
Sub 7:35 - 7:40 is a great lap
Sub 7:35 is alien-tier lap
Sub 7:30 ... Is it possible?

I'm going to give it myself a go in a few days. Would've prefered a smaller track since it requires less time to perfect a lap and post a time, but Nurburgring is Nurburgring, the real challenge.

Last edited:
Not the cleanest lap of the ring I've ever had, is this still acceptable?
I tried to run my heart out to beat my PB of 7:40 and it ended up taking me 3 laps and alot of crashing 😂😂

Dualshock 4

Crap...I just suck then xD

that's an incredible time 7:37 and on a pad!!!
To be fair though, pad has some advantages, such as being able to countersteer very fast. On wheel this is one of those laps that are actually much harder to pull off, because of all the steering management.

@SergioRZ Also please fix the lines in the first post xD Are you using dark mode by any chance?

Is tuning allowed, as in car setups and no performance upgrades?

Jerome

Is tuning allowed, as in car setups and no performance upgrades?

Jerome
Screenshot_7.png

Oh, I like these types of threads (as long as no one "cheats")

100% stock for me means no tuning whatsoever, stock tyres (sports hards which come with the car), and not messing with any settings in LSD, suspension, etc.

For assists, everything off aside from ABS, but I assume that ABS can also be turned off right (it does make it a lot harder, especially for pad users)?

From what I can tell, over 8 minutes is a lap that needs some work.
Sub 7:50 - 8:00 is an average lap.
Sub 7:40 - 7:50 is a good lap
Sub 7:35 - 7:40 is a great lap
Sub 7:35 is alien-tier lap
Sub 7:30 ... Is it possible?

I'm going to give it myself a go in a few days. Would've prefered a smaller track since it requires less time to perfect a lap and post a time, but Nurburgring is Nurburgring, the real challenge.
I think your times are way aggressive.

Seeing as how Hobson just laid down an insane 7:37 alien lap, which is in third person and on a pad for maximum alien status, and the real NSX-R set a fastest lap of 7:56.7 on a Yoko A022 driven by real life racing driver Motoharu Kurosawa, your times are skewing towards the unbelievable and unrealistic. Might want to dial it back a bit.

OR back it up with an insane time, preferably on wheel to maximize effort. But regardless, those times are simply bonkers and make nearly everyone "average" to "good", including accomplished racing drivers.

Last edited:

Seeing as how Hobson just laid down an insane 7:37 alien lap, which is in third person and on a pad for maximum alien status, and the real NSX-R set a fastest lap of 7:56.7 on a Yoko A022 driven by real life racing driver Motoharu Kurosawa, your times are skewing towards the unbelievable and unrealistic. Might want to dial it back a bit.

OR back it up with an insane time, preferably on wheel to maximize effort. But regardless, those times are simply bonkers and make nearly everyone "average" to "good", including accomplished racing drivers.
I was actually looking at the RL time around the ring and think that the NSX should be on CS stock to match the time. Then I tried it, slips like a mf lmao
I think the times on GT differ because idgaf about crashing and I'm sure the professional test driver would enjoy keeping his job 😂😂

I was actually looking at the RL time around the ring and think that the NSX should be on CS stock to match the time. Then I tried it, slips like a mf lmao
I think the times on GT differ because idgaf about crashing and I'm sure the professional test driver would enjoy keeping his job 😂😂
The A022 is a high performance summer tire, so I think one of the Sport tires should be a close match to it. With SH being the lowest tier of sport tire, I think it's a good fit for this challenge.

And you are very right, there is no fear in us doing this, and with you using exterior view where you have 100% visibility of the edges of the car, can absolutely nail your braking points and turn in, a pad where you can influence steering input lock to lock immediately as well as braking and throttle for unrealistic controllability, and can abuse track limits/curbs without fear of shattering control arms or blowing tires, it's certainly expected to be able to beat reality for sure.

With all that said, Grimm6jacks time table is still way off base, and is totally unrealistic even with all these factors considered.

You are also insanely disciplined in game... really spectacular skills on display for sure!

I think we should all be using ABS Default to follow the strict "100% stock" guideline and to make sure we're all using the exact same car in all respects.

Now the controller type and how it's setup, that's totally the driver choice, I just ask that participants provide such information to the rest so that we all know how it's being done.

That being said... I'd be very curious to know what controller sensitivity you guys are using (pad people) and also what's your view of choice to drive on this challenge ;)

On the new scale (since update 1.13) I had sensitivity set at 4, but now playing with 6 and it feels better... however, my time did not improve, I just did a lap at 8:07 again today, almost exactly the same as my previous best time.

Last edited:
In replays everything can be seen if the display is set up... tires, aids, whatever.

Actually, it can't. You can't spot whether or not someone is using a setup on the car (i.e. ride height, toe, lsd, etc.). So as I said, GL regulating it. After doing the Weekly Race Series here at GTP for a decade now, I've seen what lengths people will go to to win. I do think it's a great idea, don't get me wrong, especially in the NSX (my bae).

Jerome

The A022 is a high performance summer tire, so I think one of the Sport tires should be a close match to it. With SH being the lowest tier of sport tire, I think it's a good fit for this challenge.

And you are very right, there is no fear in us doing this, and with you using exterior view where you have 100% visibility of the edges of the car, can absolutely nail your braking points and turn in, a pad where you can influence steering input lock to lock immediately as well as braking and throttle for unrealistic controllability, and can abuse track limits/curbs without fear of shattering control arms or blowing tires, it's certainly expected to be able to beat reality for sure.

With all that said, Grimm6jacks time table is still way off base, and is totally unrealistic even with all these factors considered.

You are also insanely disciplined in game... really spectacular skills on display for sure!

Thanks I appreciate it

My controller settings are 9 sensitivity, and view of choice is 3rd person because that's what I've been using since Gran Turismo 3

Edited: to include controller settings

Last edited:

They aren't agressive, this is the game, not RL, I just based on what I've seen here posted. Ranging from the 7:37 to a plus 8 minute. That's 30 seconds between laps which is a huuuuge gap, even for Nurburgring.

I also play on Third Person and on a Pad. Seeing as he did a 7:37 and plays with the same "setting", I'll set my benchmark for that time. But from watching the video, he was almost flawless, I more than likely won't beat that time, and will probably not even crack a sub 7:40 time, but a sub 7:50? I can definitely crack that, and will, of course, show it.

IRL times of the Nurburgring are not 100% (probably not even 90% for some cars) to what the cars are truly capable of doing. Nurburgring is not only so long, but it's one of the most difficult tracks to drive a car due to how narrow and bumpy it is and with the massive elevation changes even within it's own sectors.

IRL you have G-Forces, Fear of crashing (more so in expensive cars), and all those upsets that come up with driving a car IRL. Plus, these drivers didn't have anywhere near the amount of practice we in the game have. We can put in as many laps as we can because it's a game, IRL for someone to rent the track for themselves to practice and do a 1 lap time trial costs an insane amount of money (and there's also a time limit), most time trials have been likely not even 5 laps on the track overall with practice, outlap and actual lap. At least from what I've seen of the Viper ACR attempt.

Heck just look at a 911 GT2 RS who has 3 lap times on the ring, with the slowest being 6:58 and the fastest (and the record) a 6:38... 20 second difference. The same driver who did the record had posted a lap time of 6:47 before, so he improved 9 seconds just after a few more practice sessions on the track.

So that RL Honda NSX-R lap time of 7:56 really doesn't mean much, ALL THINGS considered.

Last edited:
W = Wheel
P = Pad
- = N/A

Leaderboard so far

Hobson ------------- 7:37.857 (P)
Yassi_99 ----------- 7:40.417 (W)
TumeK5 ------------ 7:45.210 (W)
kyrreg -------------- 7:48.136 (P)
RedRockValley ---- 7:49.339 (P)
Kedmasterz ------- 7:52.783 (P)
MarcoGT5 --------- 7:53.XXX (-)
LSFDRX ------------- 7:53.495 (W)
Maffski ------------ 7:56.XXX (-)
BrunUK ------------ 7:56.918 (P)
GTBoyz ------------ 7:58.180 (P)
JeffKill ------------ 7:59.875 (-)
8 minutes
Ryan Dungey ------ 8:04.XXX (-)
SergioRZ ----------- 8:07.544 (P)
Lomic -------------- 8:20.395 (P)
Hint : use the font "Courier New" you'll have letters that take the same width, it'll be easier to align everything, see :

W = Wheel
P = Pad
- = N/A

Leaderboard so far

Hobson ------ 7:37.857 (P)
Yassi_99 ---- 7:40.417 (W)
TumeK5 ------ 7:45.210 (W)
kyrreg ------ 7:48.136 (P)
RedRockValley 7:49.339 (P)
Kedmasterz -- 7:52.783 (P)
MarcoGT5 ---- 7:53.XXX (-)
LSFDRX ------ 7:53.495 (W)
Maffski ----- 7:56.XXX (-)
BrunUK ------ 7:56.918 (P)
GTBoyz ------ 7:58.180 (P)
JeffKill ---- 7:59.875 (-)
8 minutes
Ryan Dungey - 8:04.XXX (-)
SergioRZ ---- 8:07.544 (P)

Lomic ------- 8:20.395 (P)

(the space between name and lap time is made of spaces) [Edit] You need to keep the "-" because on display the multiple spaces get lost

Thanks for including my incredible lap time, I am in the "leader" board now :D

Last edited:
I'll give this a go at some point and feedback, PS5 pad user here

Edit: 7.49.421

OK with that for just a second lap, I think a 7.45 is very attainable for me and a 7:40 is possible with some serious grinding.

Trailing throttle helps alot with the oversteer I found.

Not easy to push this car on a controller though!

8AB60FBE-13B9-4A08-9709-B611481A3A1C.jpeg

Last edited:
I couldn't get it to show all text properly when trying different browsers and appearance schemes... so the fastest solution was to make colors a non-issue ;) But it seems ok now, despite no colors, just had to change the controller labels and it's clearly legible now on all platforms and all scenarios, I think.

I couldn't get it to show all text properly when trying different browsers and appearance schemes... so the fastest solution was to make colors a non-issue ;) But it seems ok now, despite no colors, just had to change the controller labels and it's clearly legible now on all platforms and all scenarios, I think.
Well, it's your thread, so you do what you want with it 👍

By the way, maybe add a 7:50 divider too?

Just so that i can say i've done it in the morning, with all aids off...and was able to create and share a clip of it :D
another 10 seconds seems very far off, but practice makes perfect eh? '47

Well, it's your thread, so you do what you want with it 👍

By the way, maybe add a 7:50 divider too?

I like the colors, but after many tries I couldn't get it to work properly on all devices/browsers/schemes I tested... there was always something wrong, and right now I have so little time because of the new house move that I had to make it go away as soon as possible and move on :(

Hint : use the font "Courier New" you'll have letters that take the same width, it'll be easier to align everything, see :

W = Wheel
P = Pad
- = N/A

Leaderboard so far

Hobson ------ 7:37.857 (P)
Yassi_99 ---- 7:40.417 (W)
TumeK5 ------ 7:45.210 (W)
kyrreg ------ 7:48.136 (P)
RedRockValley 7:49.339 (P)
Kedmasterz -- 7:52.783 (P)
MarcoGT5 ---- 7:53.XXX (-)
LSFDRX ------ 7:53.495 (W)
Maffski ----- 7:56.XXX (-)
BrunUK ------ 7:56.918 (P)
GTBoyz ------ 7:58.180 (P)
JeffKill ---- 7:59.875 (-)
8 minutes
Ryan Dungey - 8:04.XXX (-)
SergioRZ ---- 8:07.544 (P)

Lomic ------- 8:20.395 (P)

(the space between name and lap time is made of spaces) [Edit] You need to keep the "-" because on display the multiple spaces get lost

Thanks for including my incredible lap time, I am in the "leader" board now :D
Boxster -------- DNF ;)

Back