Time Trial no. 71

• Thread starter Jaywalker
  • 245 comments
Another small improvement, down to 1'00.935. This may pretty much do it for me because I just found out that two people on my friends list are using hacked cars. One is a Suzuki and the other is a GT-R '07. I know they are hacked because I broke them down in my save data and figured out the hack. So it seems, I can't even compete on a fair basis with the people on my friends list and the leaderboard is just a joke anymore. Personally, I'm not believing any time under a 59.900, and that includes times done with the Gixxer as I now know what is being done to them to make them run faster lap times. Its just a damn shame that people have to resort to such idiotic behavior....and for what, a couple of spots on the leaderboard or in extreme cases, a top 10 time. Really shows the mentality of some people that play this game. Just really fed up with this whole mess. As much as I enjoy playing with my hybrids offline, they could take those all away and fix all the hybridding if it meant that there would be no possible cheating in these events. Looks like I'll just spend the rest of my time here in GT5 doing the WRS TT's. Its been fun competing with the legit guys, but you just don't know who to trust anymore as the temptation to cheat is just too much for some people I guess. Later guys.

Another small improvement, down to 1'00.935. This may pretty much do it for me because I just found out that two people on my friends list are using hacked cars. One is a Suzuki and the other is a GT-R '07. I know they are hacked because I broke them down in my save data and figured out the hack. So it seems, I can't even compete on a fair basis with the people on my friends list and the leaderboard is just a joke anymore. Personally, I'm not believing any time under a 59.900, and that includes times done with the Gixxer as I now know what is being done to them to make them run faster lap times. Its just a damn shame that people have to resort to such idiotic behavior....and for what, a couple of spots on the leaderboard or in extreme cases, a top 10 time. Really shows the mentality of some people that play this game. Just really fed up with this whole mess. As much as I enjoy playing with my hybrids offline, they could take those all away and fix all the hybridding if it meant that there would be no possible cheating in these events. Looks like I'll just spend the rest of my time here in GT5 doing the WRS TT's. Its been fun competing with the legit guys, but you just don't know who to trust anymore as the temptation to cheat is just too much for some people I guess. Later guys.

I dont know what you did about it, but i found one of my friends doing the same thing so i took him off my list and blocked him.
As you say doing it offline is ok as long as it does not affect anyone else.
stewyripper

F r

-10 -10
11.3 11.3
6 5
4 3
2 1
2.0 1.4
000 -0.30

wing 20
bb4 1

200kg+8

257hp

set final drive at 5.2 or 3 can't remember before setting gears

I tried looking thru back posts .. Maybe I missed something...

...was wondering what car this tune is for??

Edit: ...nvr mind .. Got it!👍

As I was looking I see most of you all have put in some GREAT times .. CONGRATS!!!👍👍

Last edited:
I dont know what you did about it, but i found one of my friends doing the same thing so i took him off my list and blocked him.
As you say doing it offline is ok as long as it does not affect anyone else.
stewyripper

I did the same, deleted and blocked them. They weren't really "friends" of mine, rather just a couple of people that wanted to use my dirty oil 2J a while back.

I totally agree with cargo it's got too the point were there are a select few you can trust to run these tts fair.
I too have a few hybrids my fav being a shift go kart but they only for offline or in my lounge with friends though I have no idea how to hack the ones I do have are all sent to me
But as cargo says people are getting so good at sneaking these hacks in it hard to tell what's a true time and who is honest it's turned a global contest in to nothing more than a cheat fest that discourages the top gt5 players from entering anymore

I totally agree with cargo it's got too the point were there are a select few you can trust to run these tts fair.
I too have a few hybrids my fav being a shift go kart but they only for offline or in my lounge with friends though I have no idea how to hack the ones I do have are all sent to me
But as cargo says people are getting so good at sneaking these hacks in it hard to tell what's a true time and who is honest it's turned a global contest in to nothing more than a cheat fest that discourages the top gt5 players from entering anymore

I got rid of the hacks i had a long time ago.
Like you and cargo said it's ok offline or in private room. My old friends used to do that as well, but then they started disrupting other peoples rooms who were racing legit.
They are no longer on my friends list.
stewyripper

Personally, I'm not believing any time under a 59.900, and that includes times done with the Gixxer as I now know what is being done to them to make them run faster lap times.

So what you're saying is, extremely fast people like Amo, Rajman, and Viper are all hacking? Because I'm sure I know a 59.9 is possible for me, and I know they're all much faster than me. I'm sure Amo could get a 59.6 if he tried really hard.

It's a shame the hackers are causing so many legit players to quit running these last few remaning TT's. Online racing and TT's are all thats left now that we are coming to gt5's end and lossing good honest driver's either from one's friends list or from this forum takes much of the enjoyment away from everyone competing or just tring to improve. I surely hope quitting TT's doesn't become the trend. If so the hackers have taken more from us than a spot on the leaderboard.

'02 NSX Type R: 1:03.789
'99 Evo VI RS: 1:03.634
'02 R34 V-spec II Nur: 1:02.968

Congrats to the 30-second lap guys. You're so awesome and fast and skillful and handsome. Your e-peens must be huge.

So what you're saying is, extremely fast people like Amo, Rajman, and Viper are all hacking? Because I'm sure I know a 59.9 is possible for me, and I know they're all much faster than me. I'm sure Amo could get a 59.6 if he tried really hard.

I did not say that, stop reading into my posts what suits you. I even said early on that I believe Amos time is legit. In my opinion, I just don't think anything below 59.900 is possible...legitimately. That's what I said, never accused anyone certain individual of cheating. Get your facts straight.

I did not say that, stop reading into my posts what suits you. I even said early on that I believe Amos time is legit. In my opinion, I just don't think anything below 59.900 is possible...legitimately. That's what I said, never accused anyone certain individual of cheating. Get your facts straight.

Oh. My bad.

Just did a 1:00.694 using Cargo's LSD settings (6/15/22) on stewyripper's loaner. I like this track but have not had much time to put into this TT unfortunately. Maybe another tenth to find if I get time :D

Just did a 1:00.694 using Cargo's LSD settings (6/15/22) on stewyripper's loaner. I like this track but have not had much time to put into this TT unfortunately. Maybe another tenth to find if I get time :D

Well done mate glad to help. Cant find the time myself but that is down to wheel, it's like me old and worn out.
Saving up for a new one.
stewy:tup:👍👍

Gigiro79
"Viper is very fast, does not need to cheat to get to the top 10, but he wanted to show, as done by others, how easy it is to break the rules in these time trials exposing themselves to the ban.
Immediately after the time he reported everything on our forum .."

Once you cross the line..its always there tempting you.

and just so we dont forget ...
Mixi125
DF 95 / 115
GTD_B4NN4MI
DF 90 / 110
IMMORTALPILOT
DF 70 / 90
Sweet_Girl_91_
DF 125 / 150
B4NN4MICHEATER
DF 125 / 145
Spurgy777
DF 70 / 90
GTD_Mikos_87
DF 115 / 145
mbiccembruje
DF 125 / 145
GTD_Mikos_87 (Latest run)
DF 125 / 150
from TT 63 f1 monte carlo. I believe 70/90 is max df.(dont have game nearby)
With the way things have become in the TT, and as some have reported here(friends lists)....It seems to have become like the Tour de France...well since everyone is doing it...I have to, to be competitive. And of course the "smart ones are just doing it enough to improve slightly.

Up till now it would appear that 1st legit times are Amo and Rajman....but who the bleep really knows.

Gigiro79
"Viper is very fast, does not need to cheat to get to the top 10, but he wanted to show, as done by others, how easy it is to break the rules in these time trials exposing themselves to the ban.
Immediately after the time he reported everything on our forum .."

Once you cross the line..its always there tempting you.

and just so we dont forget ...
Mixi125
DF 95 / 115
GTD_B4NN4MI
DF 90 / 110
IMMORTALPILOT
DF 70 / 90
Sweet_Girl_91_
DF 125 / 150
B4NN4MICHEATER
DF 125 / 145
Spurgy777
DF 70 / 90
GTD_Mikos_87
DF 115 / 145
mbiccembruje
DF 125 / 145
GTD_Mikos_87 (Latest run)
DF 125 / 150
from TT 63 f1 monte carlo. I believe 70/90 is max df.(dont have game nearby)
With the way things have become in the TT, and as some have reported here(friends lists)....It seems to have become like the Tour de France...well since everyone is doing it...I have to, to be competitive. And of course the "smart ones are just doing it enough to improve slightly.

Up till now it would appear that 1st legit times are Amo and Rajman....but who the bleep really knows.

Exactly. Also, quit ironic that twice now Viper's name has popped up in previous posts...just saying, as he himself had admitted to cheating before. Looks like Amo has passed my 59.900 mark of what I think to be a legitimate time....but who knows if he's also caved into temptation, I still tend to have faith in him though as being legit. If he would send me or let me borrow the very car he is using, I would also know the answer to that for sure.:sly: I remember the above list very well and a lot of people believed Mixi wasn't, or wouldn't cheat, well look how that turned out. I go by the old adage, once you cheat, its hard to have trust in you again. I may give this another go since I have the known cheaters off of my friends list and just because I know I'm leaving time out on the track. After this though, I'm going back to the WRS TT's unless they happen to put up a totally awesome TT here that I just can't resist.

Last edited:
My pace has literally dissolved! I have a 1.01.052 as my best and now can't even get into the 1.01.000!! I went karting in real life for my birthday and now can't drive at all!! Help lol

My pace has literally dissolved! I have a 1.01.052 as my best and now can't even get into the 1.01.000!! I went karting in real life for my birthday and now can't drive at all!! Help lol

It's same for me Im stuck at 1:01.037 i can manage to be two tenths up heading in to the last hair pin I see that minus blue time pop up and throw it away in that corner either that or make a hash of the last sweeping bend

Still throwing away good sector 1 times (up by around .100-.150) and decent sector 2 times (up by about .100) by the time I get back to the line. (down by about .200 or less) Its that damn hairpin before the straight, just can't nail it on a consistent basis and its really pissing me off. About 1 out of 10 times I get it perfect, then when I do, I miss it by a small margin on the sweeper to the line.

It's same for me Im stuck at 1:01.037 i can manage to be two tenths up heading in to the last hair pin I see that minus blue time pop up and throw it away in that corner either that or make a hash of the last sweeping bend

Same for me... Like Cargo, I get the hairpin right one out of ten times and the throw it away on the last sweeper over driving the corner. May take a day or two off at just try it from a clean start.

Down to a 1'00.885 now. Ironically, I think I have just figured out a little bit better line through that hairpin. :lol: Seems that I was turning in a bit too early. Tried a later turn in and it seems to be working, just have to hold it through the sweeper, which I have more confidence in as I have that one figured out pretty good. I've got that one down to like hitting it perfectly 7 out of 10 times. :) Getting closer to stringing it together.

I have found that through all my experiences of time trialing, that if you are having a bad day, quit for awhile or even for the rest of the day as you are only going to become more frustrated which will lead to over driving the track more. On the other hand, if you start out good and with a hot hand, keep going and don't stop until your lap times start dropping considerably. I can usually tell within the first 20 min. or so what kind of day its going to be and continue/or not accordingly. I have also found that on a good day, my peak for improving will be anywhere from the first 30 min. to 1 1/2 hours. Anything after that, then my lap times start to decline. That's my window for improvement and pretty much stick to it.

EDIT: Baby steps. :lol: 1'00.868

EDIT 2: Car is on share now. Grab it while you can. "cargorat323" is the account that it is on. **Please, no blank friend requests, they will be ignored. Just let me know what the f/r is for and all will be good. :) **

Last edited:
Cargo, Thanks for sharing your gsx. Very nice tune, it is a slippery little beast but, I managed to come within a tenth of a second of my time with it. Hopeing a bit more time with it and I'll improve enough to remain on the board.

Cargo, Thanks for sharing your gsx. Very nice tune, it is a slippery little beast but, I managed to come within a tenth of a second of my time with it. Hopeing a bit more time with it and I'll improve enough to remain on the board.

Your welcome. I warned you guys, :lol: I drive a very loose car and setup my cars accordingly. Remember, loose is fast. 👍 Its all about throttle control.

Oh I agree, Loose is fast. I use a ds3 default settings, a loose car I can adjust to, throttle control well now that's another matter. It may be time to invest in a wheel or maybe just a set of peddles. lol

Oh I agree, Loose is fast. I use a ds3 default settings, a loose car I can adjust to, throttle control well now that's another matter. It may be time to invest in a wheel or maybe just a set of peddles. lol

Well just keep at it and you'll get used to it. If you're still having trouble, try a bit of traction control. No more than 3 I would say. Just a guess as I don't use that aid. Dalone is a pad driver as well, so maybe he could better tell you a good setting for traction control.

Thanks, I have used it in past TT's and setting a little traction control on would help me be faster now, running laps without it will help me get faster from now on.

Thanks, I have used it in past TT's and setting a little traction control on would help me be faster now, running laps without it will help me get faster from now on.

There ya go, that's the way to think about it. 👍 Good for you. 👍

Well just keep at it and you'll get used to it. If you're still having trouble, try a bit of traction control. No more than 3 I would say. Just a guess as I don't use that aid. Dalone is a pad driver as well, so maybe he could better tell you a good setting for traction control.

First off a great big thank you to cargo for the use of your car.
A bit of practice and should improve on time (a lot of practice).
Gone to practice throttle control now see you all later.
Now where is second gear?:):):)

Well i did a 1.01.277 a few days ago and not been able to get within 1 second of it since.
Tried cargo's car this morning now within 0.4 of a second of my best time.
bit more practice and should improve on my time.
Many many thanks to Cargo for sharing with me.
stewyripper:):):)👍👍👍

Hello again!

Now I'm at 1:01.4 but I can't say I know were is another full second. I did some small adjustments in some parts, corner 5 entry and did more tests in the last corner.
I tend to belive that difference between 253hp and 257hp are at least 0.5 sec and I really don't know how you guys get 257hp.....
It's a shame we can't use datalogging directly in tt71, but the test I've done in practice show that the last sweeper it's best rushed entry with trail braking. I don't know maybe we should compare data.
Cargo, as soon as I get home I want to test your car if you don't mind. I'll send you a friend request. Thank you! ;)

Back