Time Trial no. 71

• Thread starter Jaywalker
  • 245 comments
Turok134
Hello again!

Now I'm at 1:01.4 but I can't say I know were is another full second. I did some small adjustments in some parts, corner 5 entry and did more tests in the last corner.
I tend to belive that difference between 253hp and 257hp are at least 0.5 sec and I really don't know how you guys get 257hp.....
It's a shame we can't use datalogging directly in tt71, but the test I've done in practice show that the last sweeper it's best rushed entry with trail braking. I don't know maybe we should compare data.
Cargo, as soon as I get home I want to test your car if you don't mind. I'll send you a friend request. Thank you! ;)

I got to 257 by doing the following.

Ecu tuning
Engine stage 3
Sports manifold
Racing air filter
Sports Exhaust
Catalyc Converter sports
Titanium Racing exhaust

Engine rebuild
Oil change
B-spec 300 miles

Ballast 200 kg at 10
Rear wing at 20
Power level at 95.3%

As you can see, there is even room for more hp by lowering the wing.

Hope that works for you

Gonna have to take cargos advice have a day or two away from the TT I can see where I can improve but I just haven't managed it and starting to get frustrated with the lack of progress.

I got to 257 by doing the following.

Ecu tuning
Engine stage 3
Sports manifold
Racing air filter
Sports Exhaust
Catalyc Converter sports
Titanium Racing exhaust

Engine rebuild
Oil change
B-spec 300 miles

Ballast 200 kg at 10
Rear wing at 20
Power level at 95.3%

As you can see, there is even room for more hp by lowering the wing.

Hope that works for you

B-spec 300miles? What is that?

Cargo, I can't find on psn cargorat3232 pls help :)

B-spec 300miles? What is that?

Cargo, I can't find on psn cargorat3232 pls help :)

That's because its cargorat323. You are adding an extra 2 on the end.

My bad, that was me that added the extra 2 on the end in the above post. :dunce:

EDIT: I am using the car now so it is currently offline. I will setup an identical car in a few hours and put it online.

Last edited:
For those having trouble tuning or would like to learn, here is a good read from my good friend and neighbor MotorCityHami. He is an actual race driver in real life and really knows his stuff. He is the one that taught me back in the day and I follow his techniques religiously. Its a long read, but if you really take the time to read and understand what he says, I really think you guys will really benefit from it. Here is the link. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=167421

For those having trouble tuning or would like to learn, here is a good read from my good friend and neighbor MotorCityHami. He is an actual race driver in real life and really knows his stuff. He is the one that taught me back in the day and I follow his techniques religiously. Its a long read, but if you really take the time to read and understand what he says, I really think you guys will really benefit from it. Here is the link. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=167421

Thanks for the info cargo just had a quick look and he really knows his stuff.
Many thanks
stewy:)

Well just keep at it and you'll get used to it. If you're still having trouble, try a bit of traction control. No more than 3 I would say. Just a guess as I don't use that aid. Dalone is a pad driver as well, so maybe he could better tell you a good setting for traction control.

Not using any TC with this car Cargo, it slows it down too much between gear changes. It may be that TC works better on more powerful cars.

I tried your car, thanks for putting it on share, and thought it was a good set up. The only thing I changed which worked better for me was to raise the rear end somewhat.

No matter what I do these days I can't seem to improve on my 1:07 time though. To top it off I forgot to save that ghost and am racing against my 09 ghost.

Dalone, I was having similar trouble improving lap times about 3 months ago, tweeking the tune running more laps tweeking some more changing my drving line, no matter what I tried or how I drove it seemed I got slower if anything. Decided to buy another ds3 the problem went away. The problem ds3 felt just fine and still works fine with other games but it doesn't respond fast enough for gt anymore. Could it be that you have a tired ds3?.

Not using any TC with this car Cargo, it slows it down too much between gear changes. It may be that TC works better on more powerful cars.

I tried your car, thanks for putting it on share, and thought it was a good set up. The only thing I changed which worked better for me was to raise the rear end somewhat.

No matter what I do these days I can't seem to improve on my 1:07 time though. To top it off I forgot to save that ghost and am racing against my 09 ghost.

No problem Dalone, you're welcome. I was trying a few different things with the setup today so it may not be the same as it was yesterday. No improvement for me today either, but was coming close, even missed it by .007 at one point. :crazy:

I also tried nearly everyone's car on my friends list and although they were all good tunes, none of them fit my weird ass driving style. :lol:

...I wish I woulda started the TT earlier than yesterday.. (Did some practice mode testing Sat) The cheaters upset and kept me away (so last week was B Spec week) ... I shoulda totally ignored them and moved forward earlier...

Havin' a blast w/ the GT-R SV '09. It was decent for Gold off the truck. My realistic expectation for me/car/track/DS3 (with ABS1 all other off) was a 1:02.5ish .. When I met that I was going to mess w the GSX-R .. But I made a few swings at the GT-R and bumped it up to 1:02.180... Well now I gotta dig some more to try and break the 01 barrier.

...the TT closes the 2nd huh? ...do hope to have time to play w the GSX-R 👍

My utmost respect for ALL who put the time and effort into the TTs (w out a hack of course)! GREAT experience and defiantly a GREAT way to hone skills!! 👍

Gonna have to take cargos advice have a day or two away from the TT I can see where I can improve but I just haven't managed it and starting to get frustrated with the lack of progress.

Took a day off from this TT and improved by .200 within 7/8 laps to a 1:00.980.

Pretty happy and a bit greedy at the same time as I think I have another .200 in there if I string things together better. Used a bit more positive toe on the front than normal at +.08 and it bit higher spring rate in the front. Still playing with the BB of 4/3.

My utmost respect for ALL who put the time and effort into the TTs (w out a hack of course)! GREAT experience and defiantly a GREAT way to hone skills!! 👍

I spend 90+% of my GT5 time on the TT's; too hard to find a good clean lower PP room with sport tires it seems nowadays.

+1

This, shuffle, and spec racing all helped me to get to the kind of skill level I'm currently at now. 👍

Well that's me done for this tt, 1.01.277 could have got a better result but wheel stopped working completely now.
Thanks to cargo for the tune which worked well for me.
Will have a go at the new tt tomorrow, but not very good with controller so should be a laugh if nothing else.
Good luck to all on the new tt.
stewyripper
ps. gsx on share.👍👍:grumpy:👍

I'm done aswell. I liked this one pretty much, dispite the hacker but enough said about that. Only downside is that PD doesn't alot about it and i think it keeps alot of good race away.

Small improvment tonight to a 1:00.203, pretty happy with the result. Hope the next is hacker proof, damn said something about it again :lol:

Had a blast @ Tsukuba on this one .. Didn't quite squeez the juice out of it that I was hopin' .. to at least break the 01.xxx barrier, but over all can't complain too much .. Bumped it up a tad last night to 1:02.155. Came within a few thousandths several times so the consistency was getting better.

...honestly didn't think it to be possible to get a GTR around that place like that on CS tires .. So, great experience all around! 👍

A Kei Works and a Schwimmwagen on top of the leaderboard? Are ya kidding me???

Whatever. It's not like PD doesn't care. [/sarcasm]

~GT5Power

I made a lot of improvements in my driving skills on this one, not so much in the time (1:02.006), but now I am driving with higher LSD setting, and mostly no aids (sometimes still doing TCS=1). Thanks to all for the help and discussions on here, especially to cargo for the corning and LSD discussions.

For the next one, I am going to do a good base tune, stick to it, and just focus on driving skills for improvements. See you all there.

A Kei Works and a Schwimmwagen on top of the leaderboard? Are ya kidding me???

Whatever. It's not like PD doesn't care. [/sarcasm]

~GT5Power

Getting fed up with all this hacking nonsense. Come on PD ban them for life blow their consoles up then feed them to my dog!!!!!
Any offence was purely intended.

Didn't get any time to improve in the 11th hour as I am leaving at least .200 out there. if not a little more. Thanks to all the guys/girls that used and complimented/criticized my car. Like I said earlier, I tune for the way I drive and my tunes may not be for everyone, but am certainly happy for the ones that my car did help. Made a few new friends on this TT, and am certainly grateful for that. Even with the annoying cheaters, it was still fun just competing with people on my friends list, even though I did have to remove a few of them for using hacked cars. Great times by everyone who competed legitimately, I commend you all for taking the high road and not caving into the temptation.

Finally going to start moving in the next few days, so not sure when I'll be back or how long I'll continue to keep competing until I do make the full move, just glad to be able to finally get out of this hell-hole I'm at now, couldn't be happier. Its been a long 2 1/2 year struggle for me since my accident, but now things are finally starting to look up for me. Anyways, back on topic, good luck to those who continue to compete. Keep it real my friends and remember, the cheaters are the only real losers here. Just because you may not have reached the top 10, top 100, or even the top 1000, you can still be proud that knowing wherever you ended up at, you did so without cheating....and that's something to hold your head high about. Peace my good friends.

Player on the first place should be either Viper_UFO or someone slower than him and I believe most of the players in the top thinks the same. All other times on the leaderboard faster than Viper's are impossible with a legit car.

Didn't get any time to improve in the 11th hour as I am leaving at least .200 out there. if not a little more. Thanks to all the guys/girls that used and complimented/criticized my car. Like I said earlier, I tune for the way I drive and my tunes may not be for everyone, but am certainly happy for the ones that my car did help. Made a few new friends on this TT, and am certainly grateful for that. Even with the annoying cheaters, it was still fun just competing with people on my friends list, even though I did have to remove a few of them for using hacked cars. Great times by everyone who competed legitimately, I commend you all for taking the high road and not caving into the temptation.

Finally going to start moving in the next few days, so not sure when I'll be back or how long I'll continue to keep competing until I do make the full move, just glad to be able to finally get out of this hell-hole I'm at now, couldn't be happier. Its been a long 2 1/2 year struggle for me since my accident, but now things are finally starting to look up for me. Anyways, back on topic, good luck to those who continue to compete. Keep it real my friends and remember, the cheaters are the only real losers here. Just because you may not have reached the top 10, top 100, or even the top 1000, you can still be proud that knowing wherever you ended up at, you did so without cheating....and that's something to hold your head high about. Peace my good friends.

Thanks for your help cargo found your car mostly suited my style, my problem is my wheel is now, not working so saving up for a new one.
Hope all goes well with your move and see you on here again soon.:):):)

I also think Viper_UFO is the first legit time up there, it's a shame really that PD cannot sort these things out properly, a Golf GTI in the top 20 screams hacker, they should know full well that it is not possible to go below a 59.5 with a 500pp car let alone be in the 58s, 57s or 56s.

Thanks for your help cargo found your car mostly suited my style, my problem is my wheel is now, not working so saving up for a new one.
Hope all goes well with your move and see you on here again soon.:):):)

Glad it helped and sorry to hear about your wheel. Hopefully you can get a new one fairly quickly and are able to continue on. 👍

As far as legit times go, I personally just stick with the well known top 10 finishers such as Amo, Viper, and others. But even then, you have to be cautious. Remember Mixi, always seemed to be top 10 or close to it and then he was found to be cheating. I just think the temptation is too great for some people, even some of the better ones who have no reason to cheat. Anyhow, you'll just have to use you're own discretion on who you think holds the top legit time. Hopefully GT6 has a fix for this and we can all enjoy a worry free and fair leaderboard again.

Glad it helped and sorry to hear about your wheel. Hopefully you can get a new one fairly quickly and are able to continue on. 👍

As far as legit times go, I personally just stick with the well known top 10 finishers such as Amo, Viper, and others. But even then, you have to be cautious. Remember Mixi, always seemed to be top 10 or close to it and then he was found to be cheating. I just think the temptation is too great for some people, even some of the better ones who have no reason to cheat. Anyhow, you'll just have to use you're own discretion on who you think holds the top legit time. Hopefully GT6 has a fix for this and we can all enjoy a worry free and fair leaderboard again.

The bit i dont understand about cheats is why? There is no money attached to this.
I could not go round telling everyone i'm fastest because someone will find out it was done by cheating quick enough.
Roll on gt6 perhaps it will be sorted as you say.
Maybe PD could publish a list of known cheats, but then we will run out of toilet paper.
:):):)

Back