TOCA Legends - Joe wins the Nurburgring!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 38 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54

The 21st of September see's the last race of the GT5 TOCA series, and in a celebration the old "Legends" cars are being wheeled out one more time for an endurance event at Nurburgring GP/D, scene of many a historic finale. The race is 56 laps, a test of endurance for TOCA drivers!

Join us to celebrate the history of the finest touring car series ever on GTP, and join us in the TOCA Legends!

TECHNICAL:
~4 Cars Are Eligible for TOCA Legends:

bmw320itouringcar.png

BMW 320i Touring Car:
BMW's 320i became the most popular car in TOCA's formative years. A S2000 specification touring car, the car was the only one that came in over the 1100 weight handicap. Whilst it was sluggish it set the trend for a history of well engineered, good handling, kind on tyre TOCA BMW's.

hondaintegratouringcar.png

Honda Integra Type R Touring Car:
The Honda was pure hot lap pace. A Group N1 Japanese Touring Car, the Honda was a fast VTEC-induced rocket, which was also thirsty for front tyres. A good set up was key for the Integra to maximise its potential, before it bowed out for the Civic in the new TOCA NGTC era.

lexusis200gt1.png

Lexus IS200 GT-1 Race Car:
The Lexus was a very rare sight on track in TOCA's early seasons. It was hampered by a lack of truly top tier drivers and set ups. very quick on the straight, The Lexus eventually would show promise in the TOCA Legends championship, this is a final chance to shine.

mazda6touringhcar.png

Mazda 6 / Atenza Touring Car:
Mazda won TOCA S2 with the Atenza, a bright whiny rotary powered blur. A large wheelbase and 4WD system made the car handling slightly below par, so it takes some coaxing to get the maximum out the car. But people have done it before, and can it take a final win on Friday?

~All car’s must be in stock trim except for the Lexus IS200 GT-1, which is allowed Racing Suspension and Racing Transmission to bring it in line with other car’s. GT Auto changes (oil change, car wash, engine overhaul, chassis overhaul) are allowed.~

~Car Set-up changes are allowed (Aerodynamics, LSD, transmission, etc)~

~Racing Hard tyres are mandatory - No sports tyres allowed.~

~All driving aids are disallowed with the exception of ABS – which is allowed at level 1~

~Cars must run with a minimum weight of 1100 kilogram’s. This is achieved by adding ballast with the exception of the BMW which is already overweight. The ballast is movable.~

~Maximum BHP is 276 - no other engine stages or parts allowed!~

~To compete make sure you have "Furinkazen" on your friends list - it is a closed lobby and you cannot join me any other way!~

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is Light~

~Mics are permitted ON~

~Draft is Weak~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is on NORMAL.~

~Quali is at 7.45pm BST, race start at 8pm.

Entries:

01 Furi (Honda)
02 Akmuq (Guessing a Honda)
03 Carbonox (That over rated Mazda driver)
04 TDZ Dave (Laggy Lexus)
05 Neljack
06 Rolo
07 Brandofo
08 DK (Gotta be Asuka the Mazda)
09 ChrisJohnson (Honda Before The PS3 Corruption)
10 Sumo (SUpremacy In A... Lexus???)

Last edited:
Time for me to fire up the Teggy. ;)

If anyone needs a car, I can send one. Remember Honda has a Blue,, red, yellow trim options.

Stick my name down for this. Car undecided though... are there limits on the number of entries per car?

Stick my name down for this. Car undecided though... are there limits on the number of entries per car?

I want all 4 on the grid. Perhaps 4/4. Got all cars to send. Already might have a Lexus on way ;)

I'm not sure on which car I'll use yet, but count me in.

I like to join in but the time might be a issue for me. If it starts around 8 in Britain should be able to make it, give or take 10 to 15 mins. to get home.

I'll stick my name down, will need to check how long I have to wait in the UCD otherwise I will have to wait, preference will be the Honda

Since this is supposedly the last TOCA race on GT5, I'll join in on this.

My chosen car is the Lexus.

6 in right now, need some more. If we don't get say 8-10 by Q time, we will do some short races instead.

Was a decent race, would of been slightly better if I had more pace or the car didn't eat up the tyres as much as I would of been battling with Furi/Carb/Sumo for 3rd place. Hope to have similar races to this on GT6

Back