TOCA Race Driver Demo!

I'm afraid my PC won't be able to run it at an acceptable speed. But I'll give it a try when I get home.

Anyone knows what the recommended specs are ?

well, apparently this isnt even an official release. Here read up on this it will explain everything. Even though it works on my good ole 266, i guess alot of people wiht high end systems are having trouble with it, and it will not relate to the actual game performance:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This article from - http://www.gamefaction.com/news/102034674354363.shtml

"Thursday, May 2, 2002, 14:39 GMT

Codemasters have released an official statement on the Toca Race Driver Demo, bascially saying ignore it.

The "demo" that is being circulated online for Codemasters' TOCA Race Driver* should be taken as unofficial. Very early demo code produced several months ago for a US long lead-time magazine, was not intended for distribution online.

The code is not representative of the current status of the game, nor should be taken as an example of the finished title, which will be released in September. It has only experimental car physics, basic AI, the car damage is an early test model and it will not run on a wide range of machines, as it is not optimised code.

Codemasters advises all gamers to await the true playable demo. Due this summer for PC, the official demo will enable players to experience the game' s dramatic narrative and superlative racing action in a demo that promises to be an excellent sampler-game complete with a cliffhanger ending." Codemasters have released an official statement on the Toca Race Driver Demo, bascially saying ignore it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But its still fun if you want to race it if your pc can handle it, but dont use this at all, for your decision on the final release of the game:)

ya its a great game, hopefully the final release will somewhat reflect this demo. They say that the some of the stuff is too advanced for its time, but if it works on my 266,. how advanced can it be, lmao. Anyway, i like it how it is, a few more fps would be nice, but i could live with it the way it is:)

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
Looks sweet! I am getting an Alienware soon so I will use this game on it! :D
Jelous?

Alienware arent worth the money, i can build it for over $1000 cheaper.

Alienware are comps built in wacky colors with the best stuff you can buy in them. They're oddly overpriced, rangeing from $3,000-$5,000

Back