TOCA6 - Spurgy, Team RPM, Volvo, and Chris Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,469 comments
  • 152,934 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on how Neljack will be replaced as a steward?
 
Any news on how Neljack will be replaced as a steward?

Me, Carb and Joe have decided to be the only 3 stewards for this season.
 
In future seasons I think there should be a rule of only one steward per team though when elections come about again.
 
It has been considered. In the last vote you weren't allowed to vote for your team mate for starters.
 
Furinkazen
Me, Carb and Joe have decided to be the only 3 stewards for this season.

So I can't be a steward :(
 
I think this whole stewards business is a lot of tosh really haha.

When do they really do anything constructive other than doodle on Furi's TinyChat Wall.
 
I think this whole stewards business is a lot of tosh really haha.

When do they really do anything constructive other than doodle on Furi's TinyChat Wall.

I vote for Chqr to be head steward. :D


That would be funny.

And no Spurgy, no one likes you. :p
 
I was quite looking forward to the quali race :(
 
I was quite looking forward to the quali race :(

Why you complaining? You now don't need to worry and have a starting position for the 3 main races.
 
I was quite looking forward to the quali race :(

You were looking forward to the idea of having the chance not to make the cut for the race? :odd:

For Nurb 24h I suggest the quali race quali lap is done on the GPD layout to save time.

Assuming we use this system which I like.

I suppose we could trial a shootout? Maybe a session with only enough time for one lap?
 
Last edited:
Has anyone suggested turning collisions off for the pre-Q race?
 
DK
Has anyone suggested turning collisions off for the pre-Q race?

You just then :lol:

But I prefer to people to actually race in on merit. Perhaps calling it a "Heat" is a better way of putting it.

Also the people who go through are the people who stay. So if 2 people DC from Race 1 and can't come back, no-one takes their spot for Race 2.

Effectively we have a total 16 starters for race 1, and thet would be the starters for Race 2.

Non qualifiers will be denoted in my pts table by "DNQ", and I may do something like put their number in italics if they qualified in.
 
Let's face it, this qualifying race will be a wreck and lag fest. It will result in stupid grid starts, first corner melees and crying on this thread. And we all know what the consequences of these things are.

A 10-minute race to decide which is in effect an eliminator will spell even more anger and many more of the 'TOCA faithful' will depart as many have already done.

Furi, you really need to think this one through. The lock-in is fine. A qualifying race? Not so much.

So, Furi wants a room of 16 drivers with less experience (and potentially more laggy drivers) than a room of 12 experienced TOCA drivers in a less laggy room.
 
Let's face it, this qualifying race will be a wreck and lag fest. It will result in stupid grid starts, first corner melees and crying on this thread. And we all know what the consequences of these things are.

A 10-minute race to decide which is in effect an eliminator will spell even more anger and many more of the 'TOCA faithful' will depart as many have already done.

Furi, you really need to think this one through. The lock-in is fine. A qualifying race? Not so much.

So, Furi wants a room of 16 drivers with less experience (and potentially more laggy drivers) than a room of 12 experienced TOCA drivers in a less laggy room.

You just shot yourself in the foot. The Top 12 are the best guys in TOCA who are in already, so only 4 will qualify through - 12 will attempt to qualify.
 
I think what Chqr is trying to say is that perhaps people like Sumo (Who has to do this qualifing race) could end up getting punted etc by less experienced drivers who just dive bomb like mad to get to the front, leaving him out..

Not to be rude but I know a few in the "not locked in" section of this are really bad for this kind of stuff.

Edit: Also since Furi doesn't want to announce it, I will. Having gotten a job and now am unable to race I have gone back to my test driver role.
 
All I will say is long live TOCA. :gtplanet:
 
For once I agree with you. GT5 online is slowly dying, but TOCA is not.
 
Furinkazen
For once I agree with you. GT5 online is slowly dying, but TOCA is not.

Good :tup;

How many people need to qualify for this opening round considering some people have pulled out?
 
Furinkazen
You just shot yourself in the foot. The Top 12 are the best guys in TOCA who are in already, so only 4 will qualify through - 12 will attempt to qualify.

I agree, why not just have the drivers who need to qualify set a hotlap over the course of the week with a TOCA steward present to record the laptime and then the fastest 4 drivers from that make the grid for Saturday.
 
I don´t think about those things.
Atleast WE (the ones who have to Q for the Main event) have a race !
Same rules like the real deal, but not quite it xDD
In addition: The Infiniti for example is difficult to drive quick but is very nice to the Tires.
Therefore a shootout would mean I could never race the main event. Racing situations mean that times are not as fast as in Q-Situations due to duelling etc.
=> the chances to see some Infiniti´s in the main event gets higher.

And I think all drivers on the TOCA-List are damn good drivers. And when everybody is hard and fair duing the Q-Race and doesn´t do mentioned D-Bombing things I´m cool not to Q for the main race (atleast I had a bit fun that day 👍)
 
Me and the stewards will watch the qualifying race to ensure no idiots make it in. We could run the quali race without tyre wear?
 
Updated entry to come once I have finished the season preview :sly:
 
I can't wait for the moment when Furi has to pre-Q...:sly:
 
Me and the stewards will watch the qualifying race to ensure no idiots make it in. We could run the quali race without tyre wear?

Because that makes so much sense...
 
DK
I can't wait for the moment when Furi has to pre-Q...:sly:

And does not make the cut. :D
 
Got bored again- ran a 1'33.428 at Laguna Seca in the Infiniti. Sloppy T2 cost me .5-6 , but I nailed the last sector so....:indiff:

With a decent lap and tune it could do a low-mid 32 easily. 👍
 
Got bored again- ran a 1'33.428 at Laguna Seca in the Infiniti. Sloppy T2 cost me .5-6 , but I nailed the last sector so....:indiff:

With a decent lap and tune it could do a low-mid 32 easily. 👍

Can you be our reserve?!
 
ONE entry remains for this season.
 
Come on Furi, does this mean we can't even get reserves the way we did last season? :(

I don't get you. There's nothing wrong with having a reserve, bear in mind they might to have qualify in though. RPM are still looking for a reserve themselves.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back