ToCA9 - Final Standings And A Final Thank You.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,903 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised actually though. The Golf isn't quickest based on early results and has no tyre wear advantage now.

The tyre ware was the golfs only advantage. Its worse than the audi in the wet so all its advantages are gone now. Its adverage on pace but thats the only thing going for it now tbh.

Actually, what should follow now, before anyone starts picking their cars, is an extensive testing phase. Because I can smell it ... first race will come, one car that everyone thought was great will not be the fastest, and suddenly those people will cry out that the specs should change, no matter that many people would have picked a different car, if the specs had been different.

I would propose that the specs should be guaranteed to be final before anyone starts picking their cars.

Because ... it's the final season. Shouldn't we try to get it right this time?

V8-Johnboy
Ah well I cant test the DLC cars but the only wagon I can get into the 18's and close ish to the Golf is the Ford so far.:indiff:

Fords a good car. Personally i like the honda's and the scirocco. Them for me have been the fastest and most controllable.

snowgt
Actually, what should follow now, before anyone starts picking their cars, is an extensive testing phase. Because I can smell it ... first race will come, one car that everyone thought was great will not be the fastest, and suddenly those people will cry out that the specs should change, no matter that many people would have picked a different car, if the specs had been different.

I would propose that the specs should be guaranteed to be final before anyone starts picking their cars.

Because ... it's the final season. Shouldn't we try to get it right this time?

Agreed, but also this season I am doing what I did in GTE and will adjust on a week by week basis.

Furi, how about vacating all of the manufacturer slots and not receiving any choice of cars until 7pm on the Saturday before TOCA9 begins?

I agree with snow on that one. The car specs should be final before people pick. Because every car has its strengths and weaknesses. E.g. the honda's are fast in a straight line vs the audi which is good in the wet 👍

Yeah agreed with Snow on that one, if anything Id rather have a delayed start of the season to get the specs top notch. 👍

The tweaks "week by week basis" sounds like a recipe for disaster....

Either way, we got about five weeks to balance things. Test tonight called for I think.

I'm also interested in this...not drawn to any particular car at this point. Also don't have a teammate. Also happy to sub-in for someone that has to miss some events. Sounds interesting...especially since it has my 'home track' on the calendar - GVE/Rev.

I'm also interested in this...not drawn to any particular car at this point. Also don't have a teammate. Also happy to sub-in for someone that has to miss some events. Sounds interesting...especially since it has my 'home track' on the calendar - GVE/Rev.

👍

Test room will open tonight.

Right now I can't even start the game unless I create a new game data and lose everything. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back