Tokyo Xtreme Racer - PS4

I might actually like TXR more than Gran Turismo.

genki did everything better than gt back in the day, including circuit racing. look up racing battle c1 gran prix, which was jp exclusive.
drift 2 was by far the most realistic and deep ps2 racer i remember, and it took a next gen system for gt to catch up. but touge>circuit. even to this date, txrd2 probably still has the best braking & countersteer feel on a ffb wheel i ever experienced in a game, assuming you set up your brakes properly.

made a thread on game i would like to get made. its possible for a different company or fan to make something similar. as long as they don't use the same rivals.

Tokyo xtreme racer was an awesome series with some serious potential. If they decide to bring it back from the ashes I would like to see more 70s jdm, usdm, euro cars & yes motorcycles. Txr3 was good as far as variety but they can always add more cars to appeal to a larger audience. Customization should be outrageous! I mean engine & drivetrain swaps crossing manufactures, which the swap process should be animated showing mechanics pulling and dropping engines & differentials. Aswell as animated dyno runs. Aero selection should be similar to need for speeds autosculpt but instead of a pre designed canvas to alter it should be a blank canvas with no particular shape, were users can alter any dimension of the aero piece. Adding fog lights and air dams where desired. Also front and rear clips should be inter changeable. Why can't I have a porsche front on my rx7 lol or vise versa. Wheel selection should be that of txr0 with a similar autosculpt option like the aero. It should incorporate real Japanese shops. If your a rotary head take a trip to the ReAmemiya shop, GTR guy go see the Mimes Motorsport dudes. Show more Japan!! The story line should be similar as the others where u rise from the bottom up. It would be cool to have a main character. A young Japanese kid that inherits an older model car with aspirations to be the fastest. Users will have the option to do it alone or rise with a team. Teams being strict and if users loose a certain amount or a particular race users would loose seniority and eventually be kick off the team. It would be in ones interest to stay on certain teams being that users will receiving discounts and specialty parts not available as a solo racer. Police patrol should be included with the purpose of disrupting races and apply hefty fines if brought to a stand still. online play should consist of teams as well, where teams are constantly battling for the top spot. Team leaders and top racers will be based on fastest times in drift, drag, & circuit all held in a street race atmosphere. The street racing culture is all about being unique. Creating your own lane. Controlling beautiful speed. Txr4 could be what the recent street racing games have been missing. This is me just venting ideas please don't crucify me lol
P.S. I still play txr3 on ps2. I know, I need help.. : D peace bitches.

A dream come true would be for Genki Racing Project to return and bring these cool games back. I've got Zero and whatever the Kaido game is called in EU and they're great fun.

i think with wangan midnight ps3 ,they still have those data just need to put more cars and more customization..licensing issue is the problem of honda .. txr0 was the best fpr me unlisenced lots customization plus lots bosses with diffrent style.. remake of txr0 with txr3 physhic will be blast..

Let it be said that one of the most underrated racing games on the PS2 was Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 (also known as Kaido Battle 3). It would seem highly unlikely to see this series revived for the PS4 or even if a one-off PS3 title comes along. This series has been around the block. It dates back to about 1994 in Japan. There were games in the series devoted to highway battle in Japan, drifting on mountain roads and city streets, and there was even one game in its history where you only raced and tuned motorcycles. So this series is no upstart.

I don't know... maybe if this series were revived, I'd want to maybe see a combination of highway battle and drifting. If you're a veteran of the series, you know about the big time gangs like the Thirteen Devils and the 12 Zodiac. I can recall the Kingdom Twelve from TXRD2. Could you imagine Speed King with a bonkers version of the latest Nissan GT-R? What Wanderers would challenge you either on the highway or on the mountain passes? Possibilities exist, but something tells me that for as much as the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series has been around, it will probably never be revived. And if it did, it may not be as memorable or as engaging as any of the more classic titles in series history.

Through all of this, "never say never" is always good advice...

Let it be said that one of the most underrated racing games on the PS2 was Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 (also known as Kaido Battle 3). It would seem highly unlikely to see this series revived for the PS4 or even if a one-off PS3 title comes along. This series has been around the block. It dates back to about 1994 in Japan. There were games in the series devoted to highway battle in Japan, drifting on mountain roads and city streets, and there was even one game in its history where you only raced and tuned motorcycles. So this series is no upstart.

I don't know... maybe if this series were revived, I'd want to maybe see a combination of highway battle and drifting. If you're a veteran of the series, you know about the big time gangs like the Thirteen Devils and the 12 Zodiac. I can recall the Kingdom Twelve from TXRD2. Could you imagine Speed King with a bonkers version of the latest Nissan GT-R? What Wanderers would challenge you either on the highway or on the mountain passes? Possibilities exist, but something tells me that for as much as the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series has been around, it will probably never be revived. And if it did, it may not be as memorable or as engaging as any of the more classic titles in series history.

Through all of this, "never say never" is always good advice...

I totally agree.
If they were making a new "TXR"... I would support it, because I've been dreaming of a new one for the current systems... PS3/PS4 (if possible).

I'm sure a lot of other racing fans would be interested too, who have not played a TXR game before.

If there is a newer Tokyo Xtreme Racer, whether it be the classic highway battle or the drift-style games, I wonder if it would follow the convention of either TXR or TXRD. Or maybe both? Imagine having BOTH highway battle and touge in one package. Like you could go from pulling 200+ mph on Wangan B in Tokyo to powersliding around the hairpins of Haruna in the same game. Maybe you could have the Thirteen Devils and the 12 Zodiac try to take over Japan's roads while also having to deal with the Kingdom Twelve trying to drive off the Thirteen Devils and the 12 Zodiac. Or perhaps imagine trying to join any of the major crews or gangs.

This could be a chance to make something real mind-blowing. I want to think of it as a way of saying "thank you for caring" for all who love the series and have supported the series for the longest. Will it ever happen? We may never know. By the way... I appreciate the "likes" for the previous post of mine! :)

Ive been following Genki on twitter and going to their website from time to time and it seems like the're talking about revisiting TXR is some way.
shutoken_logo.png

genki did everything better than gt back in the day, including circuit racing. look up racing battle c1 gran prix, which was jp exclusive.
drift 2 was by far the most realistic and deep ps2 racer i remember, and it took a next gen system for gt to catch up. but touge>circuit. even to this date, txrd2 probably still has the best braking & countersteer feel on a ffb wheel i ever experienced in a game, assuming you set up your brakes properly.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...o-xtreme-racer-shutokou-battle.327307/page-11

scroll down on that page,i have Racing Battle C1 original,its an amazing game,here is a old old video i made before screen capturing was a thing :D

Last edited:
Back