tomayto vs. tomahto

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greyout
  • 32 comments
  • 1,489 views

how do YOU say it?

  • POLY-FONEY

    Votes: 51 62.2%
  • POLIFFINEY

    Votes: 31 37.8%

  • Total voters
    82
Messages
665
a little OT to break up the release date and favorite vehicle posts.

How do YOU pronounce polyphony :)
 
Pol-if-on-knee. Not Polly-phone-y.
 
l33tc4k30fd00m
This is a clever thread.

heeey.... how did you get out of that Techno Zone?? Weren't you engulfed in "GTP Dance Party 2004"?
 
Famine
Pol-if-on-knee. Not Polly-phone-y.

Same as Famine.

Thats how it is pronounced on the GT4 Prologue making of DVD, so thats the one I go for.
 
I avoid the whole issue by saying "PD". :D
 
I've heard the official pronunciation ("poliffinee") in videos, but I still use "poly-phony."
 
Civicbus
heeey.... how did you get out of that Techno Zone?? Weren't you engulfed in "GTP Dance Party 2004"?

Pfft that's so last week. Bongos are the big thing now.

BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO! BONGO!

Dy-no-mite.
 
I would say: POLIFFINEY

But I don't think I have ever said it in real life. Just like Sage I use "PD" or more often "The makers of Gran Turismo" :p
 
And y'all say I'm weird... since I have no choice, here's my pick:

"Poliffiney"

What's next? Birmingham? Birmingham, AL, USA vs. Birmingham, England? Anyhow, there you have it. By the way, I have Finals and college football to null the pain of waiting for GT4.
 
Oh my god... people are sooooo bored.... :grumpy:
 
Slow Bastards.
 
Famine
Pol-if-on-knee. Not Polly-phone-y.

Yep, Polly-phone-y sounds strange.
 
there should be a thread where people can just post anything they want and say what ever they want ,because it seems that there are alot of bored people because of the lack of good news me being on of them ,lets do a pub thread type of thing [;)]
 
BMW318ciC
there should be a thread where people can just post anything they want and say what ever they want ,because it seems that there are alot of bored people because of the lack of good news me being on of them ,lets do a pub thread type of thing [;)]

Yeah, its called the conversation forum.

here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136
 
Definetly Pol-if-on-knee.If it sounds right it usually is right.
 
i always used to say poly-phone-ee, until i watched the gt prologue dvd, that's changed me cos poli-fon-ee sounds much more natural now that i've heard it.

option number 2
 
Back