Tooned/Vectored Cars + Stuff

• Thread starter donbenni
  • 3,937 comments
i Lied im not Vexeling That Strike Gundam anymore. i started but then i stopped and lost all interest.

but However its been a while since all of you and myself have seen graphics made by me.
This time its another wallpaper (1280 x 960)

Click for Full Dimensions

I took a picture from somewhere (UCP i think), loved it because it was so high res on the side, but the rear was absoloutely pixelated. So i vexelized the back and left the side :)

I like it, kinda makes it look like its making the transition from a vector world into the real world :) You should do the whole thing to see what you can make of it.

Its been so damn long since i've even commented in here, let alone actually completed or started a vector/vexel.
This thread has been rather quiet recently too, maybe, since i have some time off, i'll try to complete some of my otherwise abandoned projects.

In particular i want to finish the Nokia 7610 and the RS4's wheels.
First, sleep. Until tomorrow ;)

Hello everyone, I'm trying another vector now, this will be my second one after I lost my first one halfway through, but I'm having a problem I can't figure out.

After making a path and stroking it using the brush tool, the line that results gets thicker and thinner in places, but the diameter is set at 3, with 100% flow and opacity.

How can I make this line one solid thickness?

Un-check "simulate pressure" when you stroke the path, and make sure you use a rounded brush.

The simulate pressure thing is unchecked, and I'm also using a round brush.

EDIT: Must have been some kind of glitch, it seems to be working fine now after I was away for a while and had the computer off.

EDIT #2: Anyways, this is where I'm at right now.

I've come across a problem. :ouch:

Stupid move on my part, but I want to know if it's "fixable"

I've been putting my lines for the vector on a white layer, instead of a transparent one. :banghead:

Now it's time to add some color, and naturally, I've having trouble getting the color on top of the white, yet under the lines I drew.

Any way to solve this?

EDIT: Aha! Success!

I put the color layer on top of the lined layer and set the layer option to multiply. Seems to do the trick well so far.

My Taco
IMG_0936_vectorized_free.png

Enzo
21653_DSC_6235_426lo_vectorized_fre.png

Metaaaallica LOVES YOU SHANT!

Looks great, gonna finish it before the new album?

Holy Cow! that's why i rarely try to do cartoons, i really suck at vectoring stuff. I either over detail or not put enough.

Shan, you need more different paint on it. :P But yeah, looks really good as always, so when are you gonna do vector cars again? :D

Metaaaallica LOVES YOU SHANT!

Looks great, gonna finish it before the new album?

Yup, hopefully! If I can, I would love to try and create the entire band... but hey, one step at a time. :dopey:

Shan, you need more different paint on it. But yeah, looks really good as always, so when are you gonna do vector cars again?

:D I'm just gonna stick with 3 colours. Needs some anger!

Cars... I don't know. I do have a couple that I've started but they all get binned at one point or another. Either I'm not happy with the way they start to look or I just lose interest in em. :indiff:

Okay, this is depressing. Its a Hulme F1 done without tracing on GIMP. :( I know, it does look awful but it was damn near impossible doing it on GIMP than photoshop, and the fact that there was really no perfect side view for the car makes it even harder for me to do it...... 👎 Took about an hour to do it as well.
MMPiwsC65z9WgaTyL580UiRd9AzG-c0-

http://www.supercars.net/gallery/119513/878/400141.jpg

Yes, laugh all you want. I think even a kid could draw better than this.....

I just recently vectored this, for production, otherwise I wouldn't post it here:
Chevy_Only___Panel_by_suzq044_chopartist.jpg

it's been a little while, I haven't worked with illustrator in some time.

Last edited:
yeah; i know, the wheels are throwing me for some reason; I tried what you said, it looked worse.

More rubber in the front part of the tire side wall than in the back? Still nice though Suzq.

BTW, are you on a truck kick now and no more neon? :P

I have no more neon.. as of a while ago [almost a year now]. I'm getting an AllTrac-turbo [gt-four] Celica [st185] to replace it. I figure a little bit of an upgrade isn't a bad thing. It'll be my first ever import ownership!

a353bbb9107de3f3.jpg

Done with the Illustrator and with Photoshop.

Ok - she's not a car, but this doesn't seem to be a problem here. :)

Back