Top gear race track waaaay too easy without restrictions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter koplet
  • 35 comments
  • 5,459 views
Messages
32
A few days ago I did a race in a spec mode on the top gear track. Managed to cut so many corners that I ended up finishing the track in 30 seconds..
 
30 seconds....
what car were you in ?
 
What a load of cow poo. 1st there are no A-spec races with the top gear track, only special events and you have to use the donnar vehicles.

Somebody wake the OP up I thinks he has GT5 freeze syndrone and is stuck in his dream. LOL
 
jason2590
that cant be true 30s no way man, u got proof?

Lol no I can't proove it 2 u but then again its not 30 sec dead on, probably somewhere between 30(god mode)-50(good).


Anyways try cutting as many corners as possible ^^ u'd be surprised :p
 
i recently tried to cut as much as possible (as i was last, and everybody cut corners like no tommorow) on this track and ended up getting a 30 Sec throttle penalty at the big chicane :P
Though max was 10 up until then :)
 
mark2002
1st there are no A-spec races with the top gear track...

Um, yes there is. In British Lightweights?
koplet djs1994
30 seconds....
what car were you in ?

I think it was Gallardo tuned, anyways I only did half the track^^
Does the Gallardo qualify for the British Lightwights then? I believe we have a BSer
 
koplet
A few days ago I did a race in a spec mode on the top gear track. Managed to cut so many corners that I ended up finishing the track in 30 seconds..

12f78c14.jpg
 
Thinking about it though (and I'm not near my PS3 to try this), what's to stop you turning left at Chicago instead of right past the tyres and missing out half the track?

That would give you some very "quick" laptimes.
 
Thinking about it though (and I'm not near my PS3 to try this), what's to stop you turning left at Chicago instead of right past the tyres and missing out half the track?

That would give you some very "quick" laptimes.

The thing that would stop me doing that is: the fact that I am a gentleman, & unlike some in this thread, I actually have a sense of honour!


:p
 
VBR
The thing that would stop me doing that is: the fact that I am a gentleman, & unlike some in this thread, I actually have a sense of honour!
:p

Well, obviously. That's probably why it's never occurred to me until now. Might try it for fun though in the practice area and then reset the laptimes.
 
iainn
Thinking about it though (and I'm not near my PS3 to try this), what's to stop you turning left at Chicago instead of right past the tyres and missing out half the track?

That would give you some very "quick" laptimes.

Because there is a timing point half way down the straight towards the hammerhead so by turning left at Chicago means this won't register and as such neither will the lap time sadly.
 
Exactly, there are timing points and i think you pretty much have to be the correct side of those ebil different-looking cones that invalidate your lap if you hit them.

So for sure you can take some crazy lines in a race to bump your way ahead but not anywhere near to the extent the OP suggests.

Also I *think* the best line for quick lap times is pretty much what you see Stiggy do on TV, if like me you try to drive cleanly.

Anyway A-Spec race with a Murci does not compute. There's always gonna be a few, let's not forget these forums are for all ages right? :dunce:
 
There are restrictions.... its called self discipline.
 
That's why it's called a test track and not a race track.
 
Congratulations, you're a cheater! And know the Internet knows you're a cheater! Sure hope we never cross paths online. 👎
 
A few days ago I did a race in a spec mode on the top gear track. Managed to cut so many corners that I ended up finishing the track in 30 seconds..

I did it in 32 aswell: Start, wide left, straight (the first cones), then instead of right just turn left, two corners left and tadaaa, cheated! The track i an 8 anyway...but since no one online wants to race the track properly it is not very fun...also, what do u guess: is it really a good track? I think it is in the game just for having it (i love TG really, but anyway...)
 
i just got about 3seconds in my flying gold firebreathing fiat 500 from mars so i believe you man :dopey: :cheers:
 
rocko100
i just got about 3seconds in my flying gold firebreathing fiat 500 from mars so i believe you man :dopey: :cheers:

That's a lie. It's only possible in a flying gold firebreathing fiat panda from mars.
 
That's a lie. It's only possible in a flying gold firebreathing fiat panda from mars.

I sure wish that car was a premium. Those jaggies just ruin it all for me.
 
Last edited:
mellaknanurak1
That's a lie. It's only possible in a flying gold firebreathing fiat panda from mars.

Anything is possible in the gold fire breathing fiat panda from mars.
AutumnRingMini.jpg

Time has not been measured in small enough increments yet to enable this beauty to be timed around the top gear test track.
 
it still doesn't meet the restrictions for the a-spec top gear race though lol
 
Back