Top Speed of GT5 Cars V2

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 381 comments
my Buggati can do 460 kph (285 mph) with slip stream 530 kph (329 mph)
my viper speed is limited to 345 kph (214 mph) but from 0-145 mph in less than 9 second

any screenshots? that is one fast ginetta..

Good call , that's way too fast for the car without draft.

I tested that car at the speed test and got it up to 340.9 km/h / 211.8 mph .

I also have tested the Caterham Seven Fireblade a few weeks back with results : 288.1 km/h / 179 mph .

I think the Caterham has reached it's limits.
It got up to the max speed right at tunnel entry and stuck at that speed the rest of the straith. (that's over 3km)

The Ginetta on the other hand has the potential to do at least 0.1 km/h or mph faster , with perfect setup.

MadMax

I'll give you proof soon as I can you will see if I have too ill take a picture with my cell phone :rolleyes: edit :here's your proof :banghead: Omg my tune didn't save for the g4 ok going to have to retune Grrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
That pic is from the back straith with downhill. (at 7400m mark)

3) Bring it to Route X DLC track, it should show up as "Speed testing" in GT Life, and run your car from line to line (0-10,000m). Top Speeds taken from the bank leading onto the straight are also acceptable, be sure to check them against the proper "From Bank" top speed value.

And as far as I can tell , the OP meant that you may drive backward the track but you must reach the top speed on flat surface instead of downhill.

And the 10km speed test is the preferred way to test car's potential.
When a car is tuned at 10km it will in most of the cases go only 0.1 - 2.0 km/h or mph faster when ran from the banking.

It's all about the cars's maximum speed on flat surface.

Results from long Ginetta G4 '64 test :

10km : 340.9 km/h / 211.8 mph
10km setup setup ran from the banking : 341.0 km/h / 211.9 mph
10km setup , downhill : km/h N/A / 216 mph
10km setup , Arcade mode race with Veyrons to draft + downhill : 442 km/h / 275 mph (at ~6450 rpm)

Fetched the grid of Speed 12's , McLaren F1's and Veyron's by powerlimiting the car to 547PP

mstcle323 , there doesn't seem to be any way do reach that 232.2 mph without draft.

Check your facts , retune the car and run it again (preferably at the 10km speed test. With latest version of GT5 , 2.07)

And let us know your test results. 👍

MadMax

I'm not sure I could have been in draft without paying attention sorry ill take the picture of z06 on the flat part ok here I tied it onthe speed test this is why I got

Last edited:
Corvette zr1-254.4mph
Drafting-284mph
Aero-n/a

Ginneta g4-232.2
Drafting-n/a
Aero-n/a

Pictures (or setup) of these would be greatly appreciated , as those speeds are totally untouchable for me.
Even after hours of tuning and testing with each car.

My latest 10km (line to line) speed test results are:

Ginetta G4 '64 - 340.9 km/h / 211.8 mph (well , this you alredy knew)

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 - 407.3 km/h / 253.1 mph

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 - 424.0 km/h / 263.5 mph (that last 0.1 km/h / mph took ages)

Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70 - 341.8 km/h / 212.4 mph (barely keeps up with the Ginetta G4 :D )

EDIT:

Plymouth Superbird '70 - 355.8 km/h / 221.1 mph (just 0.1 improvement over previous record..)

MadMax

Last edited:
MadMax86
Pictures (or setup) of these would be greatly appreciated , as those speeds are totally untouchable for me.
Even after hours of tuning and testing with each car.

My latest 10km (line to line) speed test results are:

Ginetta G4 '64 - 340.9 km/h / 211.8 mph (well , this you alredy knew)

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 - 407.3 km/h / 253.1 mph

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 - 424.0 km/h / 263.5 mph (that last 0.1 km/h / mph took ages)

Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70 - 341.8 km/h / 212.4 mph (barely keeps up with the Ginetta G4 :D )

EDIT:

Plymouth Superbird '70 - 355.8 km/h / 221.1 mph (just 0.1 improvement over previous record..)

MadMax

How did you get the z06 to 263? On speed test?

Does it pull hard off the whole? Where did you test it?

I tested it at the 10km test (offline , Speed Test DLC pack) , no driving backwards or anything like that.
I'm using all 6 gears. The first 5 gears are long and 6th is short to optimise the time spent on powerband / peak power while in last gear.

Getting off the line fast enought (not bogging or spinning the wheels too much) is important to maximise the amount of time/distance you have for reaching the max speed.
The tunnel entry is a good point of comparison.
While tuning the transmission , pay attention to your tunnel entry speed/s.

(One more thing , to figure out what works and what doesn't you can use AT transmission)

MadMax

Mikeybc
Suspension tuning plays a big role offline in the speed test....hint: play with ride heights that don't make sense.

I tested suspension and the best way is to have the front as hard as possible and raised and the back the exact opposite that's the best for top end

my fastest cars with no draft
Redbull x2011 340 in 4th,560 in 6th gear in draft
Toyota GT1 Race Car 310 in 3rd,500 in 5th gear in draft still got an extra 20mph in 5th to go and all of 6th
Veyron 300 in 4th,375 in draft
Nissan R89C Race car 273 in 2nd gear
Cadillac Cien Concept 263 in 4th gear
Ferrari Enzo 262 in 4th,360 in 5th with draft
Mercedes Benz SLR 257 IN 2nd gear
Ford GT 06 250 in 2nd gear
btw only 2 cars i've ever topped out were a sebastian vettel at 498 and a R35 Black at 365

I hold custom track lobbies every friday nights usually under the name of SlowFWD84.they will test your tunes as well as your driving skills

peace and good racing everyone

Car: Toyota GTONE
Peak Speed: 308mph (Without Drafting)
Drafting Speed: 575mph (With a full room of X11's)

575 mph = 925 kph?! That's more than commercial jet airplanes! The real driving simulator? Well that doesn't sound real to me...

we use a glitch to go that fast.
Should be capable of much more than that with a full room and an even distance between cars. I managed 535 with just 6 others, although the host didn't set the penalties on, so was relying on the pit glitch for ghosting instead.

I've neglected this thread for a while, but will update the googledocs sheet over the next week.

Should be capable of much more than that with a full room and an even distance between cars. I managed 535 with just 6 others, although the host didn't set the penalties on, so was relying on the pit glitch for ghosting instead.

I've neglected this thread for a while, but will update the googledocs sheet over the next week.

I went 685mph and the only guy in the world of GT5 went past the sound barrier which is 762mph, he hit 768mph.

Back