torque99's GTP 'Fun' DriveClub Challenge_Hardcore mode#Jawehawk

• Thread starter torque99
  • 158 comments
Who knew being chased by someone with a Hat i'd like to own and a masculine looking mustache i'd love to have plastered on my face would be so terrifying yet exhilarating :dunce:

Especially with the time gap, that's basically butt-clenching.

Finally got the last corner the way I wanted. @OzzyOzborne put down a hell of a time. I had to actually switch to manual to get up there. Cheers on the great competition:cheers:

Finally got the last corner the way I wanted. @OzzyOzborne put down a hell of a time. I had to actually switch to manual to get up there. Cheers on the great competition:cheers:

Didn't take me all that long to achieve really, well it was mainly stupid mistakes that kept me from getting the corners right sadly. But the fact is, precision is key on Old Town, and it's surprising as to how much time you can shave off, when you think you've got a lap nailed down, you can still find more out of it.

Earlier when i went back at it from the previous time to the one i have now, only took me a few laps to shave a little bit more off. But then my ghost dropped and i couldnt track it, therefore my performance dropped and was average only a high 55 lap. I'll take a stab later in the week to see if i can shave a bit more off. Nice time.

Its tight at the top, i better get my keys.

Update: Can't get anywhere near my own time let alone improve on it, i can nail various parts of the lap just can't stitch it all together in one lap, i'm too old or just another bad day.:dunce:

Last edited:
Didn't take me all that long to achieve really, well it was mainly stupid mistakes that kept me from getting the corners right sadly. But the fact is, precision is key on Old Town, and it's surprising as to how much time you can shave off, when you think you've got a lap nailed down, you can still find more out of it.

Yeah I'm really not a hot lap kind of racer. I tend to run these events like sprint challenges. One lap attempts is more my style. So there's plenty of room because you can outpace me every time into the first corner. That's why I love p2p and sprints myself because there's no head start by the fast times. It's still fun to run down ghosts though.

You're right about precision which is why it was necessary to switch to manual to keep the car under more control. I usually run semi-auto. But old town just won't let you get away with it.

Well done everyone on such fast times so far and taking part. I knew it would be close at the top but not that close! I will have to attack this again, all you guys are out of my league. I am quite fast around a few sections and can keep up with the top ghost but I seem to hit the steps or take a corner wrong (usually on my fast lap or last corner!) and putting it all together gives you a top time. Oh well back for more practice and it is a fun combo (I really like this car more now!) 👍

On my best laps I'm down about 3 tenths per sector, quite evenly about 1 tenth per corner. That's quite disheartening compared to having a single bad sector that needs working on! That said, the final sector is probably my weakest generally and at the moment my own ghost is scooting past me before or on the final corner :banghead:

The first corner advantage on follow-on laps is pretty small here, even after taking the final corner wide to make the most of it. Sometimes I've had great first sector times on the first lap - it's exit speed (and being on a line that allows max throttle) out of the first and second corners that seems to makes the difference.

Who puts their 'Wheelie Bins' out on race day, right on that corner! I seem to hit them more than the odd lap :sly: I lose a whole second on the corner with the steps to the right (do you stay in 3rd gear right through that corner or drop to 2nd and power out?) and the very last corner I see you take that one really wide on to the pavement the other side. I might try and adjust my driving line and follow your ghost more accurately..Well done :bowdown:

Who puts their 'Wheelie Bins' out on race day, right on that corner! I seem to hit them more than the odd lap :sly: I lose a whole second on the corner with the steps to the right (do you stay in 3rd gear right through that corner or drop to 2nd and power out?) and the very last corner I see you take that one really wide on to the pavement the other side. I might try and adjust my driving line and follow your ghost more accurately..Well done :bowdown:

The corner with the stairs I enter in 3rd and drop into 2nd when I've cleared the apex of that hill. Then power out into 3rd.

Pretty much all racing games make me feel old these days.

No matter how much i try i just can't beat my time. The second corner is my weakness, i just can't find the right line through there.

I hope i can make a better showing on whatever the next challenge is...

Well done Bud, nice improvement! I was way too tired last night to respond to that. Even though I think my theoretical best lap is about your time, it's quite another thing to put my best sectors all into one lap.
I was unable to get the time I wanted :banghead: still kept losing a couple of tenths in that bloody middle sector

• Another one ended! Well Done all especially to 1st again Mr @CSL_GoTp :bowdown: Who is unstoppable at the moment winning every Challenge so far..Come on we must up our game! (easier said than done as you get older):cheers: I didn't have time to get to the top is my excuse :yuck: and my sausage fingers.

Here are the top10..Awesome times..:bowdown::bowdown:
DRIVECLUB™_20170307163341.jpg

I have a busy week so I thought I would get another one going rather than leave it a week or two.

This time another Sprint, Tarapaca Chile but a long one with some twisty hard double corners, I added light rain and some dull light to try to make it a bit tricky.
DRIVECLUB™_20170307181815.jpg

This is in a car I really don't drive much the brilliant sounding Lamborghini 'Classic' Diablo SV! 👍 The interior and engine is very old school but great at the top of the revs it just keeps going and also a bit twitchy so we shall see how the times go. Please ignore my time this was just to send out, I will try again over the week to see how I get on with it.

Good luck again! Thanks for all taking part, appreciate your time :cheers:

edit: @KennyL74 You beat me to it! 👍
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back