torque99's GTP 'Fun' DriveClub Challenge_Hardcore mode#Jawehawk

Discussion in 'Driveclub' started by torque99, Dec 27, 2016.

1. torque99

torque99

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL]r

Welcome to the DriveClub 'OldSkool' Thread :tup:

Reading the forum it looks like good ol' DriveClub is having a mini revival and you guys are still coming back to it after a few years of play! :gtpflag:

I won't drag @Brend back in to a full season at this point :sly: but thought I would start with one Fun sprint every couple of weeks and see how it goes down, if there are not that many who play DriveClub still or not many challenge I will see in a couple of weeks. The idea being, just a fun challenge everyone is welcome from newbies through to Pro's to take part and get the best time they possibly can in 2 weeks. The winner will choose the Following Challenge etc. I know how close times on Sprints can be so this one will be down to the 100ths. I had a quick go and came Top No1 Global quite easy at 23.520 but I think there could be 2 seconds to play with right down to the gear change. So DS4 or Wheel? Once you think you have set your best score you can post your time in here (until is beaten by someone else:lol: as I know how fast you guys are)

So the first 'Fun' Challenge is :

Sprint1: Ferrari California
    New Japan City Track GUJO 01 (normal)
    10.00am Sunny.

I have run this for 2 Weeks so if there are any new challengers who want to have a go please put your name down in this thread so next time I will know who to send to.

Alternatively you can add me on PSN 'Wildbill1372' (I know old joke I can't shift )with a note 'GTP SPRINT' so i know you are wanting to have a go.

Good Luck

Cheers
    torque99:cheers:

I have sent this challenge out already to all who took part last time so it should be in your challenges box in menu.

P.s This thread is also a good idea for any Photos of the 'same car' and 'track' and 'time' if anyone wants to post the current challenge Ferrari California in Japan.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. torque99

torque99

Reserved for Times & Winners

WINNER Challenge1~Ferrari California_Japan (Sprint) @CSL_GoTp 0.21.798 :bowdown::cheers:
    WINNER Challenge2~Mercedes AMG_Chile (Sprint) @CSL_GoTp 0.26.235:bowdown::cheers:
    WINNER Challenge3~Ferrari488GTB_India (Full Lap TT) @CSL_GoTp 0.46.926 :bowdown::cheers:
    WINNER Challenge4~McLaren570S_OldTownScotland (Full Lap) @CSL_GoTp 0.55.499 :bowdown::cheers:
    WINNER Challenge5~LamborghiniDiabloSV_Chile(Sprint) @CSL_GoTp 0.38.416 :bowdown::cheers:
    WINNER Challenge6~MercedesA45_India(Wet) Full Race (1 Lap) Freddeeze 3.05.100 [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  3. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Nice one Torque :tup: I'll give it a try somewhere this week but I am pretty rusty when it comes to DC at the moment :O

torque99 likes this.
  4. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR (Banned)

@torque99 If i can get my PS4 online i'll give it a go :)

torque99 likes this.
  5. torque99

torque99

If you can't don't worry, just have a go at the Sprint, what is your PSN id I will add you is it Chikane? or you can add me on there :tup:

Edit: @Chikane remember it is Wildbill1372 on PSN not torque99:tup:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Chikane likes this.
  6. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR (Banned)

torque99 I send you a Friend Request :)

7. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR (Banned)

[​IMG]

DS4
    Automatic Gears
    HC Off

Took me around 6 laps, The last Turn was the one that gave me the most trouble :(

torque99 likes this.
  8. torque99

torque99

@Chikane Ok this time isn't showing on my leaderboards at all or the challenge - might have to refresh the PS4-Well done :)

Edit: Ok Still not on there the servers may update tonight, I got down to 0.23.276 not far behind you now :tup:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Chikane likes this.
  9. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

It is a very tricky challenge and you need to be very careful to not make the car drift in the first corner. The second corner is blind and very hard to get right. Then there is the final chikane in which I ended up multiple times against the fence :lol: Even with the difficulty there is much fun to be had :tup: Great combi @torque :cheers:

- DS4
    - Automatic Gears
    - 3th person view

torque99 and Chikane like this.
  10. torque99

torque99

I agree @doblocruiser & @Chikane That last corner!..
    Edit: @Chikane Your times are not showing up on any global leaderboards or challenge leaderboards on my PS4, I'm not sure if it is to do with any settings or sharing your end:tup:
    Well done on sneaking in to the win ;)@doblocruiser :gtpflag:

My Settings are:

DS4 (maybe t300 wheel later)
    -Manual buttons
    -Cockpit View only:tup:

doblocruiser and Chikane like this.
  11. Chikane_GTR

Chikane_GTR (Banned)

Ok I'll try it again later When i have access to the Net :)

doblocruiser and torque99 like this.
  12. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

I just gave it a try. First time I played a challenge in Driveclub. Completely different in comparison with DriveclubVR. Now that I am used to 'looking into the corners', my eyes have to be reset to race in 2D --> That's my excuse for racing a not so good time ;)
    Nice graphics!!

T300RS wheel, playseat, a brand new TV in front of my nose
    automatic gear....
    cockpit view

doblocruiser, torque99 and Chikane like this.
  13. torque99

torque99

@BrainsBush I know what you mean with the 2d racing now in DriveClub not VR, but just sneaked in again above you:sly: :tup:

Added JDUB now so forwarded it on:tup:

Well done @Saidur_Ali on top score :cheers:

These were the Original Photos and then the Banner above was easily created with these via the new 'Sharefactory' gif/meme creator updated version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Saidur_Ali, Chikane and doblocruiser like this.
  14. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Thanks for the tag, didn't realise it was a challenge on here. Have gone back and improved to a 21.956, used DS4 (Manual) in cockpit view.

DC.jpg

A time in the 21.7XX will be close to my limit, will be interesting to see if any of you guys can go below that. IIRC there are some DRIVECLUB aliens on this forum that are much quicker than me.

Chikane, torque99 and doblocruiser like this.
  15. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

torque99 and Saidur_Ali like this.
  16. Frabiond

Frabiond

I' m too late?
    Torque, i send you a PSN request.

torque99 likes this.
  17. torque99

torque99

No a few days to go yet, I will log on soon and send it to you :tup:

@Saidur_Ali Still top by a fraction, I think I have reached my limit in 7th place, I think the challenge got forwarded as there are now 32 people on there! :cheers: I just can't get to grips with that last bend and the turn going in fast. :boggled:

18. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

32 :eek: That's a great surprise :cheers:

Chikane, Saidur_Ali and torque99 like this.
  19. torque99

torque99

@doblocruiser I am only 0.00.002 behind you but just can't get there! :yuck:

Chikane and doblocruiser like this.
  20. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

I'm surprised I'm still top, don't think I'm going to try it again even if I get beaten as a bit ill at the moment and keeps it fun spending less time on it. First sector didn't go how I wanted it to, went too wide which compromised middle sector a bit and final sector I didn't do as well as one of my previous laps as I got too much wheelspin. Uploaded video just in case it's of help, my last virtual lap of 2016.

21. torque99

torque99

Thanks for the video @Saidur_Ali ^^^ , It is nice to see this, as I see you use 3rd gear more than me, I tried dropping and holding 3rd but found I was faster in 4th gear for longer in the middle section so I am level with you at the same point, there is still some time above yours as I see how wide you go on that first corner (ghost) and the middle section and I am usually ahead of you just up to that very last corner:mad:. Thanks for getting involved:gtpflag:. Appreciated. I hope you feel better soon :cheers:

22. Frabiond

Frabiond

Thanks, i saw it
    I use DS4, automatic gear.
    Bye

doblocruiser, Chikane and torque99 like this.
  23. hobbsy

hobbsy

Ok, I'll get in on this too if I may...

Late entry,
    20170106_234753.jpg

torque99, doblocruiser and Chikane like this.
  24. Frabiond

Frabiond

I'm not able to increase my performance of 23:171:banghead:

torque99 likes this.
  25. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

You'll get faster and faster ;)

torque99 and Frabiond like this.
  26. CSL_GoTp

CSL_GoTp

Alien reporting for duty.

DS4
    Automatic gears

27. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Just when you think it can't go faster there is always @CSL_GoTp on which we can trust :bowdown:

CSL_GoTp, hobbsy and torque99 like this.
  28. torque99

torque99

CHALLENGE NOW ENDED!

Well done all who took part, it was a tough one this with those corners.

The late winner is @CSL_GoTp with a really fast time with 0.21.798. Well done :cheers::gtpflag:

Have a think on what you want the next challenge to be, as I think there are enough to run another one? What do you guys think? Monthly or every couple of weeks like this one?

hobbsy and Frabiond like this.
  29. Frabiond

Frabiond

I'm here, when you want :cheers:
    Thanks to all, i think monthly esce is enough to try and re-try if you want improve a performance.

hobbsy and torque99 like this.
  30. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

thx for the initiative @torque99
    Hehe finally I made it not in the top 3 list ;) I prefer the VR version though

hobbsy and torque99 like this.