torque99's GTP 'Fun' DriveClub Challenge_Hardcore mode#Jawehawk

Discussion in 'Driveclub' started by torque99, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Outspacer

Outspacer

I see you found a few hundredths comfort :D But now I don't see your ghost :( Go faster!

torque99 likes this.
  2. CSL_GoTp

CSL_GoTp

Finally got the last corner the way I wanted. @OzzyOzborne put down a hell of a time. I had to actually switch to manual to get up there. Cheers on the great competition:cheers:

KennyL74, torque99 and OzzyOzborne like this.
  3. OzzyOzborne

OzzyOzborne

Didn't take me all that long to achieve really, well it was mainly stupid mistakes that kept me from getting the corners right sadly. But the fact is, precision is key on Old Town, and it's surprising as to how much time you can shave off, when you think you've got a lap nailed down, you can still find more out of it.

Earlier when i went back at it from the previous time to the one i have now, only took me a few laps to shave a little bit more off. But then my ghost dropped and i couldnt track it, therefore my performance dropped and was average only a high 55 lap. I'll take a stab later in the week to see if i can shave a bit more off. Nice time.

doblocruiser, CSL_GoTp and torque99 like this.
  4. KennyL74

KennyL74

Its tight at the top, i better get my keys.

Update: Can't get anywhere near my own time let alone improve on it, i can nail various parts of the lap just can't stitch it all together in one lap, i'm too old or just another bad day.:dunce:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    doblocruiser, torque99 and CSL_GoTp like this.
  5. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Is it possible that i can participate in this? And how?

torque99 likes this.
  6. Outspacer

Outspacer

I'd forward it to you but search isn't finding Slatanic_1 :(

Send a PSN friend request to wildbill1372

torque99 and Dairyworker like this.
  7. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

^ groovy thanks. Guess thats my bad, didn't re read to make sure my phone didn't "correct" anything for me. There is no underscore in my psn

torque99 and Outspacer like this.
  8. Outspacer

Outspacer

OK, forwarded. Still friend up to get the next ones though :)

torque99 and Dairyworker like this.
  9. CSL_GoTp

CSL_GoTp

Yeah I'm really not a hot lap kind of racer. I tend to run these events like sprint challenges. One lap attempts is more my style. So there's plenty of room because you can outpace me every time into the first corner. That's why I love p2p and sprints myself because there's no head start by the fast times. It's still fun to run down ghosts though.

You're right about precision which is why it was necessary to switch to manual to keep the car under more control. I usually run semi-auto. But old town just won't let you get away with it.

doblocruiser and torque99 like this.
  10. torque99

torque99

Well done everyone on such fast times so far and taking part. I knew it would be close at the top but not that close! I will have to attack this again, all you guys are out of my league. I am quite fast around a few sections and can keep up with the top ghost but I seem to hit the steps or take a corner wrong (usually on my fast lap or last corner!) and putting it all together gives you a top time. Oh well back for more practice and it is a fun combo (I really like this car more now!) :tup:

11. Outspacer

Outspacer

On my best laps I'm down about 3 tenths per sector, quite evenly about 1 tenth per corner. That's quite disheartening compared to having a single bad sector that needs working on! That said, the final sector is probably my weakest generally and at the moment my own ghost is scooting past me before or on the final corner :banghead:

The first corner advantage on follow-on laps is pretty small here, even after taking the final corner wide to make the most of it. Sometimes I've had great first sector times on the first lap - it's exit speed (and being on a line that allows max throttle) out of the first and second corners that seems to makes the difference.

12. CSL_GoTp

CSL_GoTp

Took a stab at a real hot lap session. Didn't go any faster in the first sector even with the first corner advantage. But managed a 55.499 in the end.

13. FastBud

FastBud

That's about it for this track then :eek: Epic lap

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  14. torque99

torque99

Who puts their 'Wheelie Bins' out on race day, right on that corner! I seem to hit them more than the odd lap :sly: I lose a whole second on the corner with the steps to the right (do you stay in 3rd gear right through that corner or drop to 2nd and power out?) and the very last corner I see you take that one really wide on to the pavement the other side. I might try and adjust my driving line and follow your ghost more accurately..Well done :bowdown:

Outspacer and doblocruiser like this.
  15. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Damn you guys are fast. Lost count of how many laps i ran this weekend and i was no where near the top times. Happy enough with my time though. Will try some more through the week.

torque99 and doblocruiser like this.
  16. CSL_GoTp

CSL_GoTp

The corner with the stairs I enter in 3rd and drop into 2nd when I've cleared the apex of that hill. Then power out into 3rd.

torque99 likes this.
  17. FastBud

FastBud

Dam I'm down to 5th :banghead:

18. FastBud

FastBud

Back up to 3rd :cheers:

Outspacer, torque99 and KennyL74 like this.
  19. KennyL74

KennyL74

I gave up at 7th, far to stressful, to old for this caper.:confused:

Dairyworker and torque99 like this.
  20. FastBud

FastBud

Never to old KennyL74, I guess that makes you 43
    PS that's not old .....

torque99 likes this.
  21. KennyL74

KennyL74

DC is making me old, i'm better than my time suggests honest.:D

Dairyworker, torque99 and FastBud like this.
  22. FastBud

FastBud

Forza makes me old not DC :boggled:

torque99 likes this.
  23. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Pretty much all racing games make me feel old these days.

No matter how much i try i just can't beat my time. The second corner is my weakness, i just can't find the right line through there.

I hope i can make a better showing on whatever the next challenge is...

torque99 and Outspacer like this.
  24. Outspacer

Outspacer

Well done Bud, nice improvement! I was way too tired last night to respond to that. Even though I think my theoretical best lap is about your time, it's quite another thing to put my best sectors all into one lap.

torque99 and FastBud like this.
  25. FastBud

FastBud

I was unable to get the time I wanted :banghead: still kept losing a couple of tenths in that bloody middle sector

Outspacer and torque99 like this.
  26. KennyL74

KennyL74

New challenge is out, Thanks @torque99 but it's horrible in a devious way. Quite frankly i don't know how you sleep at night. hehe :lol:

27. torque99

torque99

• Another one ended! Well Done all especially to 1st again Mr @CSL_GoTp :bowdown: Who is unstoppable at the moment winning every Challenge so far..Come on we must up our game! (easier said than done as you get older):cheers: I didn't have time to get to the top is my excuse :yuck: and my sausage fingers.

Here are the top10..Awesome times..:bowdown::bowdown:
    DRIVECLUB™_20170307163341.jpg

I have a busy week so I thought I would get another one going rather than leave it a week or two.

This time another Sprint, Tarapaca Chile but a long one with some twisty hard double corners, I added light rain and some dull light to try to make it a bit tricky.
    DRIVECLUB™_20170307181815.jpg

This is in a car I really don't drive much the brilliant sounding Lamborghini 'Classic' Diablo SV! :tup: The interior and engine is very old school but great at the top of the revs it just keeps going and also a bit twitchy so we shall see how the times go. Please ignore my time this was just to send out, I will try again over the week to see how I get on with it.

Good luck again! Thanks for all taking part, appreciate your time :cheers:
    [​IMG]

edit: @KennyL74 You beat me to it! :tup:
    :gtpflag:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    hobbsy, Marc30599, CSL_GoTp and 5 others like this.
  28. OzzyOzborne

OzzyOzborne

Really not a sprint kind of person. Might have to give this one a miss :(

29. FastBud

FastBud

Nor am I, but have a go anyway :cheers:

Dairyworker likes this.
  30. OzzyOzborne

OzzyOzborne

I'll give it a go but I won't invest time in it.

FastBud likes this.