• Thread starter torque99
  • 158 comments
England
England

31448799114_006ebc831e_o.jpg

33760767682_3f96958596_o.jpg
[/URL]r

Welcome to the DriveClub 'OldSkool' Thread đź‘Ť

Reading the forum it looks like good ol' DriveClub is having a mini revival and you guys are still coming back to it after a few years of play! :gtpflag:

I won't drag @Brend back in to a full season at this point :sly: but thought I would start with one Fun sprint every couple of weeks and see how it goes down, if there are not that many who play DriveClub still or not many challenge I will see in a couple of weeks. The idea being, just a fun challenge everyone is welcome from newbies through to Pro's to take part and get the best time they possibly can in 2 weeks. The winner will choose the Following Challenge etc. I know how close times on Sprints can be so this one will be down to the 100ths. I had a quick go and came Top No1 Global quite easy at 23.520 but I think there could be 2 seconds to play with right down to the gear change. So DS4 or Wheel? Once you think you have set your best score you can post your time in here (until is beaten by someone else:lol: as I know how fast you guys are)

So the first 'Fun' Challenge is :

Sprint1: Ferrari California
New Japan City Track GUJO 01 (normal)
10.00am Sunny.

I have run this for 2 Weeks so if there are any new challengers who want to have a go please put your name down in this thread so next time I will know who to send to.

Alternatively you can add me on PSN 'Wildbill1372' (I know old joke I can't shift )with a note 'GTP SPRINT' so i know you are wanting to have a go.

Good Luck

Cheers
torque99:cheers:

I have sent this challenge out already to all who took part last time so it should be in your challenges box in menu.

P.s This thread is also a good idea for any Photos of the 'same car' and 'track' and 'time' if anyone wants to post the current challenge Ferrari California in Japan.

Last edited:
Reserved for Times & Winners

WINNER Challenge1~Ferrari California_Japan (Sprint) @CSL_GoTp 0.21.798 :bowdown::cheers:
WINNER Challenge2~Mercedes AMG_Chile (Sprint) @CSL_GoTp 0.26.235:bowdown::cheers:
WINNER Challenge3~Ferrari488GTB_India (Full Lap TT) @CSL_GoTp 0.46.926 :bowdown::cheers:
WINNER Challenge4~McLaren570S_OldTownScotland (Full Lap) @CSL_GoTp 0.55.499 :bowdown::cheers:
WINNER Challenge5~LamborghiniDiabloSV_Chile(Sprint) @CSL_GoTp 0.38.416 :bowdown::cheers:
WINNER Challenge6~MercedesA45_India(Wet) Full Race (1 Lap) Freddeeze 3.05.100
bowdown.gif

Last edited:
@Chikane Ok this time isn't showing on my leaderboards at all or the challenge - might have to refresh the PS4-Well done :)

Edit: Ok Still not on there the servers may update tonight, I got down to 0.23.276 not far behind you now đź‘Ť

Last edited:
It is a very tricky challenge and you need to be very careful to not make the car drift in the first corner. The second corner is blind and very hard to get right. Then there is the final chikane in which I ended up multiple times against the fence :lol: Even with the difficulty there is much fun to be had đź‘Ť Great combi @torque :cheers:

- DS4
- Automatic Gears
- 3th person view

It is a very tricky challenge and you need to be very careful to not make the car drift in the first corner. The second corner is blind and very hard to get right. Then there is the final chikane in which I ended up multiple times against the fence :lol: Even with the difficulty there is much fun to be had đź‘Ť Great combi @torque :cheers:

- DS4
- Automatic Gears
- 3th person view

I agree @doblocruiser & @Chikane That last corner!..
Edit: @Chikane Your times are not showing up on any global leaderboards or challenge leaderboards on my PS4, I'm not sure if it is to do with any settings or sharing your end:tup:
Well done on sneaking in to the win ;)@doblocruiser :gtpflag:

My Settings are:

DS4 (maybe t300 wheel later)
-Manual buttons
-Cockpit View only:tup:

I agree @doblocruiser & @Chikane That last corner!..
Edit: @Chikane Your times are not showing up on any global leaderboards or challenge leaderboards on my PS4, I'm not sure if it is to do with any settings or sharing your end:tup:
Well done on sneaking in to the win ;)@doblocruiser :gtpflag:

My Settings are:

DS4 (maybe t300 wheel later)
-Manual buttons
-Cockpit View only:tup:
Ok I'll try it again later When i have access to the Net :)

I just gave it a try. First time I played a challenge in Driveclub. Completely different in comparison with DriveclubVR. Now that I am used to 'looking into the corners', my eyes have to be reset to race in 2D --> That's my excuse for racing a not so good time ;)
Nice graphics!!

T300RS wheel, playseat, a brand new TV in front of my nose
automatic gear....
cockpit view

@BrainsBush I know what you mean with the 2d racing now in DriveClub not VR, but just sneaked in again above you:sly: đź‘Ť

Added JDUB now so forwarded it on:tup:

Well done @Saidur_Ali on top score :cheers:

These were the Original Photos and then the Banner above was easily created with these via the new 'Sharefactory' gif/meme creator updated version.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag, didn't realise it was a challenge on here. Have gone back and improved to a 21.956, used DS4 (Manual) in cockpit view.

DC.jpg

A time in the 21.7XX will be close to my limit, will be interesting to see if any of you guys can go below that. IIRC there are some DRIVECLUB aliens on this forum that are much quicker than me.

32 :eek: That's a great surprise :cheers:
I'm surprised I'm still top, don't think I'm going to try it again even if I get beaten as a bit ill at the moment and keeps it fun spending less time on it. First sector didn't go how I wanted it to, went too wide which compromised middle sector a bit and final sector I didn't do as well as one of my previous laps as I got too much wheelspin. Uploaded video just in case it's of help, my last virtual lap of 2016.

Thanks for the video @Saidur_Ali ^^^ , It is nice to see this, as I see you use 3rd gear more than me, I tried dropping and holding 3rd but found I was faster in 4th gear for longer in the middle section so I am level with you at the same point, there is still some time above yours as I see how wide you go on that first corner (ghost) and the middle section and I am usually ahead of you just up to that very last corner:mad:. Thanks for getting involved:gtpflag:. Appreciated. I hope you feel better soon :cheers:

CHALLENGE NOW ENDED!

Well done all who took part, it was a tough one this with those corners.

The late winner is @CSL_GoTp with a really fast time with 0.21.798. Well done :cheers::gtpflag:

Have a think on what you want the next challenge to be, as I think there are enough to run another one? What do you guys think? Monthly or every couple of weeks like this one?

Back