Toughest Race?

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 103 comments
Do you guys reckon that it is possible to win the Normal Car Cup with a Toyota Supra? I'll probably use the Viper, but overkill is not always fun either :P

Also, I'm going to try to enter the Hard Tuned Championship with my maxed out Supra. It's going to be hard, but it should be fun as well 👍

Toyota Supra/NOrmal Car Cup? I'm not sure. Sportwagon would probably know.

You probably could if you were a GT1 god. Outside of that, most likely not.

The worst car I ever used for it was an NSX, if I remember right.

My records show that with a JZA70 Supra I placed 1-1-1-3-2 and beat the TRD3000 for the normal championship---maybe not too surprising that the NSX was not in the line-up. You should be able to sweep with the Cerbera. I also have records that the Galant VR4, Impreza 95 WG STiII, EvoIV, and the GT4 finished 2nd or 3rd, could be possible. I know that the Viper and NSX can win it. I just have no records on that, the Cerbera holds my current records for normal tracks.

Supra RZ models are the best. New Supra RZ slightly better than '95.

I'm a mediocre driver.

I did at least once win all races with the Supra'95RZ, in a lineup with the R33GT-R absent. (Six AI candidates for Normal series; lineup is characterized by which car is absent). I got reasonably good at winning the series with that car, if not all races. When starting I would reload to get a no NSX lineup.

Series is slightly easier with either new or prize SupraRZ.

I should add that I have heard of someone who pratised and practised until they could beat it with a Mistubishi Eclipse.

Oh yes. When I did consistently win the Normal with things like Supra RZ's and RX-7's, it was around the time I had completed all my gold licenses. You need to drive gold-license style to make up the extra time to beat the AI.

Last edited:
Guys, this isn't helping.:mad: I did what you said and I STILL can't pass the A-5 and A-8 tests on gold!! I need a video from YOU when you got the gold emblem!:grumpy:

is a5 the 1 with prelude or rx7 on GVS, if its prelude its not that hard, well for me it isnt for gold

Here's what I actually did for my time of 0:30:316;

Turn 1- I took the turn at 70 mph and finished at turn 2 with 87 mph.

Turn 2- I started the turn with minor braking at 0:16:32 (I used my stop watch for this when I recorded my run on the VCR) and finished at the 3rd turn with 80 mph.

Turn 3- I started by braking which slowed me down from 80-54 mph while barely touching the curb and during this time, I didn't slam into any walls.

Time recorded: 0:32:316
Transmission used: Automatic

Oh, and if you're wondering how I could remember all of this, I drew the course map myself and wrote some notes down while watching the video.:) I hope that this clarifies how I actually did on the test.

You should cut the inner curb on Turn 3

It was the Hard Tuned Championship. As someone else here mentioned the most tricky part about this series is that all the circuits run in reverse. I tried with several different cars. First I used a Viper GTS, which worked well at the High Speed Ring but because I couldn't control the oversteer I had trouble keeping up on the tighter courses. Then I went with a Cerbera, mainly because of its lightness. Surprisingly, that car was neither fast in a straight line nor quick in the corners, so I tried again. Thinking I should use a 4WD car, I bought a Skyline GT-R R32. This wasn't bad - definitely more stable than the last two rear wheel drive cars, but still not quite what I was looking for. Feeling like I was getting closer to the perfect car, I purchased an Impreza WRX STi. Quick off the line, tons of grip, the only thing this car was lacking was top end speed. Driving defensively I took the first race at High Speed Ring and the second at Grand Valley, ranked somewhere in the middle at Clubman Route 5, won a hard fought battle at Autumn Ring, and finished a close second at SS Route 11. Unfortunately, for all the work I put into that championship I was rewarded with just an AE86 Trueno. I could have bought that used!!!!:grumpy::irked::mad:

I can remember all of this because it was only yesterday.

The All-Nighter race (it was one of the endurance races) on SSR11 reverse. No race cars allowed. Can be hard-tuned road cars though. It was 30 laps, and at that time I thought it was too long (looking back to those races and comparing them to the FGT Championship and the 24-hour racers in GT4 now, I'm laughing) I was terrible at that track. I finally beat it a few years back, with a modded Dodge Viper GTS, but it's still pretty tough to this day.

Toughest races are Hard Tuned Speed Contest and SS Route 11 All-night Endurance Race 2 with No racing special models limitation. Both i won with used Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R Nismo.

What do you mean? How can a MR mess around with a 4WD?!

MR cars are superior when in comes to cornering that and the NSX is lighter and has a more aero dynamic layout than the GTO. So car physics worked against u, that and prolly the driver was using good lines. The NSX was made to counter super cars and exotics, and to go toe-to-toe with AWD cars. I tuned an NSX with 460 bhp that gives R35s a run for their money and I've passed them, but then again MR types are my preferences, so battling a 4wd car with more power doesn't scare me. I know it's weak points so its all part on precision and timing. No offense though, cause at times I'm at a quandary on how some of these cars do certain things in this game.

Back