Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tickets for Thruxton came through today. Going down Saturday night afterwork, still gotta find somewhere to camp! Last year did Oulton, Silverstone and Rockingham, I hope to do as many rounds as possible this year. Silverstones easy as it's just down the road, determined to do Knockhill too. Then as many of the rest as I can afford!

My tickets for Thruxton came through today. Going down Saturday night afterwork, still gotta find somewhere to camp! Last year did Oulton, Silverstone and Rockingham, I hope to do as many rounds as possible this year. Silverstones easy as it's just down the road, determined to do Knockhill too. Then as many of the rest as I can afford!

If your doing knockhill i can tell you where theres a few really cheap places (but not bad and theres a pub right next door) theres also a very good taxi company in that area as well ;).

A few photos of the AmD Golf, including some WIP shots.

P21-02-10_0932.jpg

4459747274_af84753cd8_o800x600.jpg

4458971679_8353d684b7_o800x600.jpg

P1000232.jpg

DSC04910800x600.jpg

DSC04704800x600.jpg

I think it looks brilliant!

I am going to Thruxton on Sunday.

Both this and the F1 are live on Sunday, hello to 9 consecutive hours of live Motorsport!

That's brilliant news! All we need now is Thommo and Turkington to make mid-season returns.

Also: Is that one of the lastest driver confirmations or what, I've never seen anything like this before.

Last edited:
STCC has a new track. Jyllandsringen in Denmark has replaced Vålerbanen in Norway.

jyllandsringen.jpg

The tracks are now:
  • Jyllandsringen (Denmark)
  • Ring Knutstorp (Sweden)
  • Karlskoga (Sweden)
  • Göteborg (Sweden)
  • Falkenberg (Sweden)
  • Mantorp Park (Sweden)

Team Flash Engineering testing at Jyllandsringen. The BMW touring cars are driven by Jan "Flash" Nilsson and Thed Björk ad the Porsche is driven by the royal prince of Sweden, Prince Carl Philip in Carrera Cup Scandinavia.

[YOUTUBEHD]m5VAPoXMl98[/YOUTUBEHD]

Fantastic racing today, not really pleased about dominant Giovanardi and Vauxhall again but still 👍. Great action throughout the field, amazing how competitive almost all the teams are, with various car and engine setups.
Support races were fun too.

It's Thruxton, Ardius so it's foolish to think the anything but the Vectra will win.

I had a cracking time at Thruxton this weekend. Giovanardi was all over it in the first two races, but the close racing with the Bimmers in race 3 was excellent!

Highlight of the weekend though... stopped off to have a pint on the way back from the circuit, we'd been at the bar for a while.. then who walks in? MAT JACKSON! Really nice bloke! Chatted to him for 5 minutes or so! RESULT!

Yea all the BTCC drivers are really nice guys, I've had a good chat with Thommo a few times before.

Last edited:
Yea all the BTCC drivers are really nice cars, I've had a good chat with Thommo a few times before.

Yeah, lucky it wasn't Matt Neal though, I might have had to throw a chair at him (and run off quickly), the dirty cheat!

I don't think he's a cheat, he's a nice guy. I just think he's a bit like Mark Webber, when he has a fast car in races he's a bit impatient.

It wasn't intentional between Matt and Rob... Just a racing incident in my point of view. Same as what happened to Andrew Jordan and Tom. Matt is a very good driver anyways :)

It wasn't intentional between Matt and Rob... Just a racing incident in my point of view. Same as what happened to Andrew Jordan and Tom. Matt is a very good driver anyways :)

Neal was flying and would have probably got past both bimmers cleanly within a lap. I was stood at that chicane when it happened, and you could see it coming from before the corner prior to the chicane, having since watched the replay I'd guess the Neal was expecting collard to yield the position before the apex of the chicane, I don't mind aggresive driving in touring car racing, but Neal is a liability, you never want to be on track anywhere near him, 'cos if he can bump you off at the same time as pass you he will!

I jokingly said to Jackson "Next time you see Matt Neal, give him a [punch on the chin]", Jackson laughed, and replied "Problem with Matt is whatever you give you get back twice as bad..", kinda sums up Neal IMO.

Yeah I know, he was flying and I agree he could pass both the BMWs cleanly but that impatient move was ridiculous in others look but to me, more like racing incident. I get your point and so do I, he thought he can get both in just one move but hey, that would never happen there. Same here I don't mind aggresive driving in touring car at all as it's the icing on the cake for touring car racing. Thing already happened, all we can do now is let it go and take it as a lesson.

And owkey, as per what Jackson replied to you, nevermind but he's still a good driver but not to attitude I guess.

I hear Fabrizio Giovanardi won't be racing the triple eight Vectra for the rest of the season and will be replaced by James Nash at Rockingham!!

As good as Nash is ( He had some very respectable results in the few rounds he did in the privateer RML Lacetti last season, winning one race and then promptly got excluded), I think it'll be a great shame not to have Fabrizio on the grid for the rest of this season.

Yup, and ex-Clio Cup driver Phil Glew has also lost his 888 seat:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83116

On the plus side, the two Forster BMWs should make it to Rockingham, so we're still gaining 1 car to the field (2 BMWs - 1 Vauxhall). Might be a bit easy for Plato though with Giovanardi out of the way unless the Hondas can show the same form again.

BMW seemed to have struggled in qualifying. Plato is sitting 5th, but most impressively, pole for Tom Chilton, in the LPG-powered Focus. 👍

Some good racing today, Matt Neal looked very quick. Some pretty shoddy attempts at overtaking though. Brands GP next week.👍

Another great day of BTCC action, again from Ginettas, Clios, Porsches and the main event. 👍
Was cheering on O'Neil all the way, shame about the none-start to the last race. Surprised by the sudden unreliability of the Chevrolet, thankfully it means the championship is still wide open, even O'Neil has a chance!

Wasn't happy about the FIA-style after race penalty to Chilton though.

Now to Oulton, where I am planning to be a spectator...probably at Knickerbrook. 👍

I think it's a shame for Chilto, he had the potential to do the triple.

I'm hoping Gio is back for Oulton, as with they way things have gone he still has a reasonable shot at the title.

Just got to see the Brands Hatch Rounds, Way too bad for Chilton. What Technical Check did he fail?

I Just love BTCC racing, so close, but it has lost a bit of the oomph that it had in the late 80's early 90's. That was fantastic racing back then.

Keep up the good racing BTCC.

Ride height checks. I agree its lost some spectacle but its far better off than other series currently (WTCC, WRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back