Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsukuba would definitely be a good laugh to watch though perhaps that track is too small, lap times wise it's probably on par with the Brands Hatch Indy circuit for lap times but with tighter corners! It needs a happy medium really, I reckon Suzuka West would be better than the full Suzuka.

Suzuka West still has too many long straights (or effectively straights) though. I would rather have the full version simply for the sector 1+2 combination, even if we end up with rather dull racing from Spoon to T1 (though Casio is always fun).

Motegi is a medium, but not really a great one. What about Autopolis?

What about Autopolis?
Good question. Here's what I was able to find on that track...

Chances are they'd probably use the shorter configuration(Main Circuit) that bypasses 30R and goes to 37.9R which goes right back on the main course just before 40R and the Start/Finish straight. Now if you want an idea on what WTCC cars can do on this track(namely a BMW or a SEAT), I've come across a couple of videos of a sim racing league that held a couple of races using a mod of this track last year.
Click to watch here or right-click and save-as here for later viewing.
One thing to consider that it's pretty much like Magny Cours in regards to being out in a remote area and quite a ways away from any hotels.

Last edited:
I am just wondering guys, why can't WTCC make 3 races in one weekend, like in BTCC?? I really like the close action of Touring Cars but 2 races, with one race only around 25-30 mins is too short! Well I know that their weekend is really tight with Formula 2 and Seat Supercup but do you think it's suitable to do this??

Tsukuba would definitely be a good laugh to watch though perhaps that track is too small, lap times wise it's probably on par with the Brands Hatch Indy circuit for lap times but with tighter corners! It needs a happy medium really, I reckon Suzuka West would be better than the full Suzuka.

Outside the realm of video games, i bet overtaking at Tsukuba is quite hard.

Latest news is that Volvo will enter the WTCC with their C30 in Brands and Okayama. There is also a consideration they will enter the 2011 Championship... Unfortunately, their races in Brands and Okayama points will not be counted because the Volvo C30 has been homologated on a national basis, it will not be eligible to score championship points.

I think this is the forum to put this in so here it is.
Massive crash in the seat leon eurocup at brands hatch. Luckily no one was injured.

I was at Brands Hatch on the 18th July for the WTCC (going again on Sunday for Superleague Formula) and it was a great day, thankfully didn't get caught up in the huge Seat Leon Eurocup crash posted above, those people are incredibly lucky!

Happy for Priaulx claiming race 2 win after his obvious anger at Alain Menu's manipulative ways in the first race, hopefully we won't see much of that again. Can't wait until the next round of the BTCC at Snetterton! The break has been too long. Will be going to the final at Brands, hopefully should see a finish as close as last year!

I have to add Turkington was great at Brands in the WTCC too, I was hoping he might take Priaulx for the win in the 2nd race but alas. Miles ahead of the rest of the independents though. 👍

I have to add Turkington was great at Brands in the WTCC too, I was hoping he might take Priaulx for the win in the 2nd race but alas. Miles ahead of the rest of the independents though. 👍

Yeah, so happy for a British 1-2 on home ground! 👍

If you are all interested I'll add some pictures soon, only took a few (all at Dingle Dell) in the warm-up.

Rob Huff took the pole position for the race today in Brno, Czech Republic alongside Gabriel Tarquini Seat in 2nd and the reigning British Touring Car Champion Colin Turkington who starts in 3rd place.

It was an uneventful qualifying session yesterday with Andy Priaulx failed to get into Q2 thus starting in 11th place. Augusto Farfus his teammate meanwhile will start in 4th place next to Colin. The race is again going to be interesting to watch, just like last year. Tyre degredation is likely to be an issue for the heavier Seat and Cruze so everything could favour the BMW of Colin and Augusto.

I almost forgot, is this going to be Colin's last weekend in WTCC?

EDIT: Latest news involving Colin Turkington and the whole team is that they are no longer racing for the Indipendents category instead racing for the Championship Points.

Last edited:
So, anybody watching all day on Sunday? Should offer some great racing! Then two weeks after that it's Silverstone which I'm going to, can't wait! Once I've been to the final at Brands Hatch in October as well it makes a total of three BTCC events I've been to this year!

Alex MacDowell is on pole and sets a record as the youngest driver in BTCC to ever be on pole at just 19. Wet conditions today led to a lock-out front-row for the Chevvy Cruze's.

Alex MacDowell is on pole and sets a record as the youngest driver in BTCC to ever be on pole at just 19. Wet conditions today led to a lock-out front-row for the Chevvy Cruze's.

Yep, very happy for him! Enjoy it tomorrow, should be very good races!

Apart from the 5am start and the fact it's in webbed feet country, I'm sure we will!

Massive hit for Adrian Newey in the guest car in Ginetta G50s...race red flagged and looking worrying. :nervous: It was a hit into the side after Newey was spun by Julien Draper, didn't look like much but he's still in the car at the moment and the doctors are looking at him.

The one and only. He already had 3 points put on his racing license for an incident in race 1 yesterday (wasn't televised) in which he took Draper out of the race diving down the inside.
ITV have just cut to adverts and Newey is still being treated in his car.

Hopefully he's owkey... I can't watch the race but timing still says the race is red-flagged.

EDIT: Glad to hear he's out of the car... All the best to him!

More news: He's been taken to hospital for pre-cautionary checks. Hopefully nothing serious.

Can not believe nobody posted this here yet (though I know it was posted in another thread already, don't remember which it was), anyways: here's probably THE BEST video about DTM on the internet

Yep, nasty hit for Newey. Hopefully he is OK, looks like he will be. Just must be quite annoying he's wrecked the car for the 2nd time this weekend!

Plato's taken a double, his pace has been amazing. Doubt he'll be able to do it again in the final race though, but we'll see. Ginetta Juniors have been a lot more exciting than the BTCC today!

By the way, Newey is fine. No injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back