Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, Supercars being Supercars. I see the series doing well here because people ACTUALLY BUY the cars. Nobody can wants to buy large cars anymore, there are interested in small cars like the ones in TCR. Civics, Golfs, S3's, I30's, Meganes, Astras are cars that people drive on a regular basis, and a popular racing series needs to reflect the current market. Something which Supercars doesn't do very well.

Oh look, Supercars being Supercars. I see the series doing well here because people ACTUALLY BUY the cars. Nobody can wants to buy large cars anymore, there are interested in small cars like the ones in TCR. Civics, Golfs, S3's, I30's, Meganes, Astras are cars that people drive on a regular basis, and a popular racing series needs to reflect the current market. Something which Supercars doesn't do very well.
Some in the racing industry, have a problem with it being a lone series. Some feel it should be in AGT, to soften the budget. Some :D think CAMS can't handle another stand alone series(see F4) and TCR will falter.

Who's likely to replace him? It has to be one of the hottest seats available.

Didn't see this one coming. It was Dan Cammish. One of the best PCCGB drivers of recent times.

Team Dynamics said they wanted a "plug and play" driver. They weren't kidding!!

I fancy Dan to challenge for wins almost immediately. Mind you a rear wheel drive 911 Carrera is a different beast to a Honda Civic.

Mind you a rear wheel drive 911 Carrera is a different beast to a Honda Civic.

It is, but a top driver can turn their hand to anything. It’s all about just having a natural talent for controlling a vehicle at the limit. I think he’ll be quick straight out of the box.

I see it as Cammish getting to grips with TC as a full contact sport. What he can and can't do. No doubt, Carrera Cup cars do mix it up, but the radiators are the Achilles heel for those cars.

Going 3-wide into consecutive corners, full throttle, on a wet track, while still raining, and that's fighting for 15th place! :sly: It's learning how he others drive, will be an eye opener.

Due to the positioning of the radiators, they’re very susceptible to damage in a front-end collision. I don’t know about the Porsche Supercup or other regional Carerra Cup serie, but it’s fairly common to see radiator damage in the Australian series.

May have to update the title ;) :
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/03/02/seat-announces-electric-touring-car/
cupra-eracer-800x530.jpg

cupra-eracer-rear-800x530.jpg

Due to the positioning of the radiators, they’re very susceptible to damage in a front-end collision. I don’t know about the Porsche Supercup or other regional Carerra Cup serie, but it’s fairly common to see radiator damage in the Australian series.
That's a good thing. It cuts down on punt to pass and promotes race craft.

TCR UK started this weekend at Silverstone, and while it featured a small grid (only 13 cars entered) the action was pretty good in both races. Hopefully this picks up and brings in more entries for the coming rounds, because it offers a few things the BTCC doesn't (the ability to watch the races live with no geoblocking being one of them)

TCR UK started this weekend at Silverstone, and while it featured a small grid (only 13 cars entered) the action was pretty good in both races. Hopefully this picks up and brings in more entries for the coming rounds, because it offers a few things the BTCC doesn't (the ability to watch the races live with no geoblocking being one of them)
Yeah. And you didn't get any of that poor driving standards issue despite the disparity in quality of the field.

If it wasn’t obvious Norby’s fans are dirtbags, it’s now official, they are the worst fans in Motorsport. 3 races worth of decent racing, ruined by the most obnoxious airhorns I’ve ever heard. How organizers at the circuit could allow that to take place, it’s a joke.

I'll take air horns over Yvan Muller being a roadblock in all 3 races any day of the week.

If it wasn’t obvious Norby’s fans are dirtbags, it’s now official, they are the worst fans in Motorsport. 3 races worth of decent racing, ruined by the most obnoxious airhorns I’ve ever heard. How organizers at the circuit could allow that to take place, it’s a joke.
I thought it was rather cool. You very rarely see that at any other race let alone a touring car race. They weren't just Norbi fans. I think they were just fans of Hungarian drivers in general.

I thought it was rather cool. You very rarely see that at any other race let alone a touring car race. They weren't just Norbi fans. I think they were just fans of Hungarian drivers in general.
Ok, so Hungarian Motorsport fans are the most obnoxious in the world. I had to shut the races off half way through the second race, I couldn’t stand the air horns any more.

Some honks when a favourite driver goes by is fine, but they were literally blowing those things non stop. I really hope circuit organizers don’t allow those horns in for the GP.

And Japanese fans do the same thing for their favorite drivers - but they use flags, not overly obnoxious air horns.

So they're going to have to BOP the Hyundais to hell and back I think; Seems every TCR race I watch lately has an I30 winning (aside TCR Russia which has none running). They're apparently 60kg heavier for the Nordschleife rounds and yet, they still finished 1-2-4 in race 1...

Gotta ask, what the heck WTCC is, it sounds like an extinct and not too missed system...
Technically it is still the WTCC...just not as it was last year. It's basically a world TCR series now, with all the best names in touring cars present. But, sadly, not the best actual touring car racing. Still almost certainly the cringiest, though.

Technically it is still the WTCC...just not as it was last year. It's basically a world TCR series now, with all the best names in touring cars present. But, sadly, not the best actual touring car racing. Still almost certainly the cringiest, though.

Well aware of this, thanks for missing the joke.

I haven't watched the series much, but that's cool for Thruxton. One of my favorite touring car circuits.
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018/06/13/rockingham-dropped-2019-btcc-calendar/

Very sad. It impacts on all of us who has a circuit local. I live local to Croft. For as long as I have been going iirc Croft has had its place we know it to have. It has been the halfway point before the break. It has always come after Oulton Park and is meeting No.5 on the calender. Now it isn't. It will take some getting used to. I hope Rockingham gets restored soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back