Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the old Super Touring Car days, teams would run the rear tires so low that the would sometimes hide in the wheel wells. Especially if they were Front-Wheel Drive.

Isn't that why wheelarch cut outs were introduced in 99?

Well I certainly didn't see that coming, Blimey...

Props to Shedden though, as he certainly has proved his worth as a touring car driver in the BTCC the last 10 years or so. And given his age and how he did is brief showing in TCR last year, there's no reason he cant thrive in TCR either.

Does beg the question though, who will Team Dynamics find to replace Shedden and ultimately along side Neal? Shock Plato move to Honda anyone ? :lol:

Last edited:
Certainly didn't see that coming from Shedden, but like @TheCracker pointed out, he's more than proved himself.

Does beg the question though, who will Team Dynamics find to place Shedden and ultimately along side Neal? Shock Plato move to Honda anyone ? :lol:

Now that would be intriguing. :mischievous:

I was half expecting Matt Neil to announce his retirement at the end of this last season. I don’t see either him or Plato sticking around for much longer.

I was half expecting Matt Neil to announce his retirement at the end of this last season. I don’t see either him or Plato sticking around for much longer.

One season of those two battling as team mates for a season before they retired would be good for the 'show'. Mr Gow ought to put up the sponsorship himself to get that to happen, would be great for the viewing figures :lol:

One season of those two battling as team mates for a season before they retired would be good for the 'show'. Mr Gow ought to put up the sponsorship himself to get that to happen, would be great for the viewing figures :lol:

Plato and Neal as teammates would probably end up on the same level as when Plato and Yvan Muller were teammates given their history and animosity. Good for "the show" maybe, but in terms of image and the recent clampdowns in driving standards, probably not so much.

Somebody edited the BTCC page. This was an iteration of the result.
Untitled.png

TCR Australia is expected to launch next year after the organisation behind TCR and CAMS signed a five-year agreement for the development of the series in Australia.

(@05XR8, might be a bit excited about this.)

Edit: Apologies if this isn't the right thread to put it in. I always get confused. :lol:

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
https://autoaction.com.au/2018/01/25/cams-backs-tcr-australia
Supercars has reacted with surprise to the news that CAMS is involving itself with a new-to-Australia tin-top category.

“We are surprised that CAMS would take on the commercial management of a racing category,” a Supercars spokesman told Auto Action.

“Supercars does not believe that another racing category would be sustainable in this country.

AA also sought comment from Adam Hammond, who has been involved with the TCR category since late 2016, who said he wonders whether CAMS is sticking to its job.

“The FIA needs to come down to Australia and have a really good look at what CAMS is supposed to be and what they have turned themselves into, that’s first and foremost,” Hammond told Auto Action.

“In my view and many other people’s view, CAMS should be Australia’s representation for the FIA, meaning they should concentrate on regulations, safety and drumming up interest in motorsport, especially among young and new drivers.

“The FIA needs to put them back in their box.”

Knockhill Reverse is going to be absolute chaos if the grids are big come May, but it might make me warrant a trip down to see it.

Good stuff. Would be nice to get Renault and Peugeot in PWC as well. To generate interest in those brands again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back