TOURIST TROPHY 2

• Thread starter r1ryder424
  • 86 comments
I feel like...

STANDARD bikes from TT (ps2) imported to GT6!! lol :lol:

How about a copy/paste of GT7 and change the cars to bikes? Same tracks, same career progression etc? It would be cheap as heck to make and they could sell it cheaper too, maybe $US39.95. I'd buy that.

All they would need to do is just have the option to race with cars or motorcycles, or a combination of both. Then, everyone is happy because the people who don't want to race with motorcycles are satisfied as well as the people who want to race with both on the track or a motorcycle-only race.

All they would need to do is just have the option to race with cars or motorcycles, or a combination of both. Then, everyone is happy because the people who don't want to race with motorcycles are satisfied as well as the people who want to race with both on the track or a motorcycle-only race.
Never happen. If you can repackage 90% of the content, throw in a couple of new tracks associated with bikes like Jerez, Assen etc. and sell it for $39.95 why would PD even entertain the idea of packaging the two together? It's not about making people happy, it's about how to make the most money from the idea.

Yup, clearly much better together.

Better for you but not for PD and a majority of other players.
PD is a business, not a charity. There aims are to make as much money as possible and the best way to do that would be to release a new title rather than releasing DLC only a handful of people would buy.

Better for you but not for PD and a majority of other players.
PD is a business, not a charity. There aims are to make as much money as possible and the best way to do that would be to release a new title rather than releasing DLC only a handful of people would buy.
If it's seen as a viable and profitable option in the eyes of PD (or whoever makes those decisions), sure, but we don't know that. If I recall correctly, TT underperformed sales wise and that will probably taken into consideration by the suits. It's a rather niche sub-genre after all; something we have to be realistic about, unfortunately.

With that said, I do believe there's a crowd and demand for a sequel and that it could be successful if they'd really made an effort (physics, tracks, a wide variety of bikes, career mode, online and etc.), and as long as the development of the game was budgeted accordingly.

tracks associated with bikes
Most importantly - Isle of Man, the track associated with the title ''Tourist Trophy''.

Never happen. If you can repackage 90% of the content, throw in a couple of new tracks associated with bikes like Jerez, Assen etc. and sell it for $39.95 why would PD even entertain the idea of packaging the two together? It's not about making people happy, it's about how to make the most money from the idea.
You should understand that there is a very simple correlation between these two things.

You should understand that there is a very simple correlation between these two things.
Yeah, the simple correlation is, maximum profit always wins. The customer is happiest getting the most product for the cheapest price. The producer is interested in the maximum profit margin based on anticipated sales...which rarely, if ever, includes wrapping a marginal game like TT into a hugely successful franchise like GT. The most profit is in the separate game...and it won't taint the GT name if it's a flop.

Yeah, the simple correlation is, maximum profit always wins. The customer is happiest getting the most product for the cheapest price. The producer is interested in the maximum profit margin based on anticipated sales...which rarely, if ever, includes wrapping a marginal game like TT into a hugely successful franchise like GT. The most profit is in the separate game...and it won't taint the GT name if it's a flop.
I'm the last person that needs an uneducated lesson on marketing principles.

I have to agree with what MadFlavour is saying, definitely should be a part of Gran Turismo and incorporated into the same game.

Here's the argument for a download: if you already have the fan base, and offer an addition for a small amount, more are going to be interested in getting it than going out and buying a new game. That's how I would look at it, because I already have 1 game that takes up too much of my time! ;)

The Real Riding Simulator? Err...no. I'll be sticking to 4 wheels thank you very much.

I dont care either way, Tourist trophy was swept to the side unfairly, and since it came out there has been demand for it. Everytime I play it, I just think 8f how much better it could be with todays graphics and console power. Come on PD

TT2 - oh god YES!!!:drool:

implemend it in GT7:drool::drool::drool::drool: AAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAhhHHh! (screaming like a 14 year old girl):drool::dopey:

Bundling TT with GT, even as paid DLC, will create the market sure enough.

GT itself was supposed to be an un-viable product in the environment it was released into. It wasn't even meant to see a world-wide release.

TT was literally a labour of love, and yet also a great experience with it; it was also a chance for PD to experiment. Its lack of "success" probably isn't the issue it might otherwise be perceived to be, and therefore no real barrier to a sequel.

If PD made Tourist Trophy 2 I would be very happy. If it featured new bikes, such as my personal favourite and fastest production bike ever - the Marine Turbine Technologies Y2K, I would just die :D

ANYTHING is possible.... Just not always probable. I'm fine with limited races.... We already have that with the Karts!

and you can do that. They'd be better of just making TT2. Bikes have as much place in GT as a shopping cart.
The reason for including TT2 in GT is because it would be more cost effective, and therefore more likely to happen outright.

For people who want TT2, it makes sense to want the solution that maximises the chances of the thing actually coming into existence.

It'd most likely be as a paid expansion in that case anyway, there's little chance of PD including bikes "for free".

and you can do that. They'd be better of just making TT2. Bikes have as much place in GT as a shopping cart.
Bikes are raced on Laguna Seca multiple times every year in real life and no one ever stepped in and said "sorry, this track will only work for cars"

Back