TOURIST TROPHY 2

• Thread starter r1ryder424
  • 86 comments
Bikes are raced on Laguna Seca multiple times every year in real life and no one ever stepped in and said "sorry, this track will only work for cars"
Did I say they dont? I follow Moto GP and have done for the past 5-6 years. I think id know bikes are raced their.

I loved TT too but considering that it appears they don't even plan to finish GT6 I kind of doubt there'll be another version of Tourist Trophy.

I loved TT too but considering that it appears they don't even plan to finish GT6 I kind of doubt there'll be another version of Tourist Trophy.

I fully respect anyone's "right" to doubt, with or without justification, but saying that PD don't appear to "even plan to finish GT6" is a bit of a stretch, especially since we're getting more updates now, 6 months after release, than we did immediately after release.

They clearly had a "production problem" (my guess is "security", because the encryption reportedly changed after / around 1.07) and they now feel able to continue with their plans; those plans might reasonably be assumed to hinge on said "security" of the game.

Keep the doubt (it's healthy), loose the accidental myopia, maybe? If TT part deux is coming, it'll be included in the (PD ergo long-term!) plans already. :)

TOURIST TROPHY 2 NOW!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!

- Sharing on line with Gran Turismo and running with motorcycles, cars or both of them at the same time (halls GT, halls TT or halls mixed GT&TT).

- Making reference to videogame's name and including the circuit of Tourist Trophy in Isle of Man

- Creation of MotoGP like Suzuki, Ducati, Honda, Yamaha...

Thanks to current motorcycle models and graphics, TT2 would be the best simulator and bestseller because there is not any videogame with this characteristics and many people expect it.

Did I say they dont? I follow Moto GP and have done for the past 5-6 years. I think id know bikes are raced their.
we are getting a little sidetracked here, and I am sorry. This comment is a back and forth from my simple point that I just hinted at without directly saying which is: "you can put bikes in Gran Turismo and it will not hurt anything" Yes, it will not be competitive in certain situations but neither are go carts but that's why there are cart races and if you don't like the carts you don't have to use them. you are perfectly free to use whatever type of vehicle you want to- except for bikes- bikes are currently missing.

I don't think people realize just how good the implementation of bikes in GT would be, and PD certainly don't realize it.
As an example, it just about doubled the fun with TDU2, and that was only a 3 bike DLC.

Read the interview on Reddit. Crazy how he ignored all the tourist trophy related questions.
Damn, just reading through the reddit AMA and no response whatsoever. Gives me very little to no hope for the question being answered here.

ywJVIfa.png

Yamauchi didn't direct Tourist Trophy, it was some other guy who's keen on bikes but he's not working at PD anymore.

However, Kaz is credited as the producer. Also, Takamasa Shichisawa, the director of Tourist Trophy is back at Polyphony, currently part of the Gran Turismo Explore Studio.

Last edited:
Wouldnt trust them making this, they would probably fill the majority of the Bike list with PS2 Standard Bikes...

I didn't like TT, but it wouldn't bother me if they did a TT2 any more than a GT (or TT) for Vita or when they did GT for PSP.

But DO NOT MIX THE TWO GAMES TOGETHER!!

I don't want bikes in GT :irked:

Of course, when I heard about photomode in GT4 I thought that was a stupid idea (loved it in-game) so... :ouch::banghead:

Karts are locked into separate races, so can bikes....

Besides, has anyone noticed the Motorcycle starting grid in Apricot Hill? ;)

I understand the desire by fans to make GT better or more fully fleshed-out but...

I really wish that they'd stop asking to include every other feature (story / customization / damage / open world / many others) from other racing games.

I think this stems from the fact that GT has always been a generic style of racer and not affiliated with any one type of racing. You'd never ask an F1 game to include rally or vice versa.

In my opinion, the decline starts with bikes... then boats... then airplanes... then bicycles... then running... then guns... then zombies. 💡

Yes, I love this idea, I am waiting too long for TT2. I am against bikes and cars in the same game. Bikes deserves their own game.

Personally I'm not too far into motorbikes, but I liked his primitive notion of creating the alternative of Gran Turismo of motorcycles in behalf of cars/automobiles. So thus far I support the idea. ;)

Back