Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, General info and discussion

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 628 comments
I was thinking about a TT sequel today after reading a motorcycle magazine! Hope that they will make part 2 after GT 5. I do remember, when the showed Gran Turismo Vision a few years back. They had motorcycle's and car's mixed together so I think there's already a small amout of motorcycle's made in HD.

I hope Polyphony Digital has time reserved for another bike game after GT5 is released. I would even give downloadable content for GT5 a backseat to a TTII. Heres to hoping!

:cheers:

I hope Polyphony Digital has time reserved for another bike game after GT5 is released. I would even give downloadable content for GT5 a backseat to a TTII. Heres to hoping!

As one who enjoys the game a ton. I am not holding my breath. We are still racing with TT. Pm me if you want to join.

I dragged this game out again last night after several months and geez it's still a cracking game. I think anyone who loves GT4 needs to have this game too. It has given me a new appreciation of bikes.

I dragged this game out again last night after several months and geez it's still a cracking game. I think anyone who loves GT4 needs to have this game too. It has given me a new appreciation of bikes.

Still racing. Touch base with me. Viperin lives in your neck of the world.

The only time I played Tourist Trophy was last year, and it was in gym class! It was hooked to one of those exercise bikes (I'm a teenager and I weigh 90 pounds, just to get rid of any fat jokes). Very fun, especially a little more real on the bike.

I've just ordered a used copy of this. I had it when it released in the UK and got some cool photomode shots out of it and felt it was worth trying again.

A quick question regards cables; with a component cable connected, does the game automatically detect 1080i output or is it changed in the PS2 settings screen?

I still dream of a 700 bike TT2. Supersport bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers, choppers, MotoGP, WSB, touring bikes, motards, classics, you name it, I want it.

righto, i have an embarrassing problem.

i cant remember how to change the physics or whatever to professional. i lost my save a while ago and got the game back out the other day. i can't get anywhere near the lap times with the rider aids like lean aid etc as i sometimes take non-standard lines around the turns.

help?

Another vote for TT2! TT is the game that brought me to PD and their great simulator. SBKX and MotoGP 09/10 are not cutting it for me! Add bikes to GT5 or release a separate TT2 please!!!

Haven't picked Tourist Trophy up for months because I've been playing the GT5 Seasonal Events, but I was extolling its virtues to a confessed petrol head who rides bikes and just bought a PS3 and GT5. I've offered to lend him my PS2 and copy of the game to get him hooked on Tourist Trophy. The more people that pick this up and realise how good it is, the better. It's an old game but it's damn good.

HAHA another vote for Tourist Trophy2 I will post video time trial challenge soon ....i can see it 20 bikes ( ONLINE ) on Nurburgring ... im ready

HAHA another vote for Tourist Trophy2. I will post video time trial challenge soon ....I can see it 20 bikes ( ONLINE ) on Nurburgring ... I'm ready

Corrected so its readable.

I just picked up TT, man I was right to do it. Loving it!

I think this thread deserves a bump. I hope PD gives us some kind of clue if they are or still plan to work on a sequel to TT.

zr1chris
GT5 have had plenty of updates, Take a break from it and make TT2!!!

I hope they incorporate tourist trophy into GT6, but knowing Polyphony, they wont do that.

I hope they incorporate tourist trophy into GT6, but knowing Polyphony, they wont do that.

Sorry but I don't agree unless they keep cars and bikes separate somehow. All it takes is the slightest bump from a car and the bike is going to go flying off the track and the car won't even feel it.

Just tried a quick few laps on Tsukuba using a Pro mode and manual shifting after all these years. Is it likely to help my license times tumble? Really, really want the NR 750.

VXR
Just tried a quick few laps on Tsukuba using a Pro mode and manual shifting after all these years. Is it likely to help my license times tumble? Really, really want the NR 750.
I think it mostly depends on skill. I tuck for most, if not the entire lap. It's also helpful if you use both the front and the rear brakes at the same time. You could optionally tuck while braking, too.

This is coming from someone that obtained Tourist Trophy less than a month ago and has gold on all 40 tests. Yeah, to me, the tests were easy. Of course, there were a bunch that took many attempts. It also didn't take long for me to get used to the controls compared to GT.

I've never played Tourist Trophy, but I have seen gameplay of it. Is it true that all the original circuits from GT4 feature in this game?

I bought it and played with the A/V cables for a few sessions and it was just too blurry on my TV, so I got some component cables for 5 bucks on Amazon and I hooked 'em up and it made a huge difference from what I've seen. The gauges, etc. are still blurry in that view, but with A/V cables, I couldn't even see to ride on the night courses. So far, this is a huge improvement.

I never tried this game when it originally came out. Been playing Ride and it made me want to give this one a shot. What are some of you guys' favorite bikes to try out?

@Doomotron I'm pretty sure most of the tracks are here from GT4. I haven't played that game in a while, so I'm not positive, but pretty sure.

Just bought Tourist Trophy today for all of $5. I really need some component cables to play this game in a higher res, because as expected, the 480i is restrictive! Although it sounds like the ultimate solution is to run PCSX2, which at first glance might test my PC knowledge to get running, even with the guides. But seriously, the resolution jump I've seen in videos of games like Suzuki is incredible!

Been getting in to a lot of older/PS2 games lately. Nostalgia train been hitting me full speed!

Anyway, the motorcycle games I've picked up besides Tourist Trophy are Suzuki TT Superbikes RRRC (Real Road Racing Championship) and SBK Superbike Championship.

The way I see it:

Difficulty:
1.(Hardest) Suzuki TT Superbikes RRRC
2. SBK
3. TT (because of its similarity to GT in physics)

Graphics:
1. SBK (obviously...PS3 title in 720p so no contest there)
2. TT
3. Suzuki TT Superbikes RRRC

Sounds:
1. Suzuki TT Superbikes RRRC (surprisingly! Bad graphics to sound ratio really)
2. TT (better than any GT game!)
3. SBK (just not exciting, every other aspect of the game is 2-3 steps above in terms of quality)

Funny thing is, Suzuki TT RRRC is technically the newest one, being released in 2009! Yet TT is older and looks better. but Suzuki has the freaking ISLE OF MAN TT, and is probably one of 2-3 games that even has it! But again, since it's so freaking hard, I've barely won the first 2 races in the career mode, let alone put down even a quarter of a lap on the Isle. Some how I've done better in the license tests than the racing. But the challenge makes it so much more rewarding and engaging!

Also that game Ride from 2015 seems kinda nice. But I'll have to get bored of these games first before I move on to that one.

Back