• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sweden
Sweden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_in_motorsports

main%20page_zps4pmkm2ji.jpg~original

toyota%20intro_zps0wmrxoig.jpg~original

Although I have had a club here at GTP before (1 & 2), this will be my first proper championship.
An unusual one perhaps but I'm looking forward to it because it covers just about all categories of racing.
poster%20toyota23_zpsiqrki9eh.jpg~original

zlad_zpsbnhomp6i.jpg~original

The championship will consist of eight Tuesday's starting next week and each event will be a new category where all drivers race the same type of Toyota.

Schedule
toyota%20schedule_zps6pcswzew.jpg~original

8%20races%202_zpslsf22qvj.jpg~original

8%20races_zpsqihqdvkf.jpg~original

The thing that impresses me about Toyota is their willingness to explore everything available out there
in the motorsport world. Yes, their Formula 1 venture didn't quite go as planned but at least they gave it a good shot before they withdrew. Like I mentioned above I can't think of any other competitor that has participated in so many major categories like Toyota has done.

toyota%20involvements_zps3oewygo5.jpg~original

The following eight cars will be used one time only in the eight scheduled events (see below).
The PP displayed is the stock total plus an oil change and the tyres are what SNAIL recommends
for that specific PP number.

toyota%20lineup22_zpsssapji6h.jpg~original

Nostalgia

Main lobby settings

Fixed Room Host No
Race Quality 4/5 Stars (recommended)
Voice Chat Disabled

Room Mode Practice/Qualifier/Endurance
Room Privacy Club Only

Qualifying Format Race Alone

Grid Order Fastest First
Boost Off
Penalty None
Tyre/Fuel Depletion Varying (see separate race)
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge Real

Visible Damage Off
Mechanical Damage Varying
Slipstream Strength Real
Nitrous Prohibited
Vehicle Tuning Prohibited

Skid Recovery Force Prohibited
Active Steering Prohibited
Active Stability Management Prohibited
Driving Line Available
Traction Control Prohibited
ABS Available

Weather Dry

For all other details check the individual races at the community.

Discussions can also be held in the community forum;

forum_zpsrnjm00iu.jpg~original

*One last thing. Out of the eight races only your seven best results count for the championship.
This so that if you should miss one race for whatever reason you won't lose contention for the title
or lose a place in the rankings.

But please only sign up if you think you will be able to participate in all eight races.

Bye for now.. :)

EDIT

Track information;

images

Toyota N24h 31/03/2015
Nürburgring 24h

The "Gazoo Racing 86" '12 or the Base Model 86 Race Car '12 (both are the same specs).
Choose whichever car you would like.

Start (track clock) is 2pm.
Race duration is 60 minutes with a simulated 24-hour cycle
so the race will end at 2pm the following day.
Damage is Light. Tyre / Fuel is Fast.
Minimum pit stops: 0.

images

Toyota GT500 07/04/2015
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

Supra GT500 Base Model ´05 only.
Start (track clock) is 6:20pm. Time progression: 1.
Race duration is 40 minutes.
Damage is Heavy. Tyre / Fuel is Normal.
Minimum pit stops: 1.

images

Toyota WRC 14/04/2015
Tokyo R246

Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 only.
No time progression.

images

Toyota Le Mans 21/04/2015
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

TS030 Hybrid '12 only.
Start (track clock) is 3pm.
Race duration is 60 minutes with a simulated 24-hour cycle
so the race will end at 3pm the following day.
Damage is Heavy. Tyre / Fuel is Fast.

images

Toyota Touring 28/04/2015
Tsukuba Circuit

Castrol Tom's Supra '97 only.
No time progression.

images

Toyota Nascar 05/05/2015
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

Any Camry.
No time progression.
Double file rolling start.
Race duration is 30 minutes.
Damage is Light. Tyre / Fuel is Fast.

images

Toyota F1 12/05/2015
Suzuka Circuit 2014

Toyota 7 '70 only.
Start (track clock) is 2pm.
Race duration is 40 minutes with a time progression of 10.

images

Toyota Vision 19/05/2015
Fuji Speedway F

FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo only.
No time progression.

Last edited:
Sign me up :)
Exciting guys. The grid is growing.

I had a conversation with Dusty earlier tonight and he would have joined if he wasn't about to leave for Colorado U.S.A.
He's going skiing there and won't be back for awhile.
You all know how fast Dusty is on the track, now imagine him down the slopes. :lol:
He'll tear that snow right up.

As much as I'd love to join this Jocke, I don't know how many races I'll be able to come for. I'd be a reserve driver, but at max I'll be able to come for two races.

EDIT: I can see a burning moon and an earth near the airplane, are we racing on some other planet?:)

Theoretically I could manage the whole races 'cause day and time are always OK for me... :D
Except of course the unpredictable factors
Same here Patrick. We never know what life throws at us, but I'm hoping these eight weeks will run smoothly and that I don't have to cancel anything.
It should be all good.

Is there a particular reason why we have to use the Gazoo Racing 86 and can't use the Base Model? I always thought they had the exact same specs and the Base Model can be painted and use any racing number?
You make a good point, gk. And in fact I had planned on using the base model originally. If you scroll up you'll notice that I have marked it with a big white X.
I was pondering at first to use it for a non-points "sprint / warm-up race" before the main races, but I quickly discarded that idea for I want to keep this as simple
as possible because less is more sometimes, and going with just the one race per Tuesday makes more sense to me.

You are absolutely right in that they share the exact same specs and it never occurred to me that it can be used for the N24h race alongside the Gazoo.
Therefore, yes, both cars will be allowed for that race. 👍
And while on the subject of the inaugural race at the Nordschleife I will put up more information regarding that shortly.

I will still use the Gazoo though. :)
Anyways I am in... #27 where possible.
Toyota Yay!!!
You've made me happy, gk.
Looking forward to going side by side with you.

*It occurred to me that the track information for the eight races are currently only available in the community and not in the thread
here at GTPlanet.

I will sort that out later on today and add all the relevant information here below as well.

Ah, the Toyota project. :)
And you did change the poster.

Great idea Jocke.

I'd love to make it for every race because they are all interesting*. But since I've not been on the PS3 for a few weeks now#, that's probably doubtful.
A reserve driver listing for me please, if available of course. Number 88

Can I just ask, are they all un-tuned events? Just the oil change? Since that does make it easier to participate (spaces permitting) when and where I can.

I've got most of the cars already. I need to spend a few credits, so I'll get the rest of them just in case.
Toyota 7 - a bit of a handful but great fun. :D (You might want to consider traction control on for this!)

* Yes, even the NASCAR. ;)
# Sorry Patrick for not answering you FR yet! And to Aaroh for not Beetling it yet.

I'll be there for all the races I can be there for. I think the GTOR supermini touring series (there's still a few spots on the grid! Fit vs MiTo vs Mini vs Clio) I signed up for and is starting sometime soon which was supposed to be on tuesdays is going to move to some other day. So I should be able to make most Tuesdays again.

Especially looking forward to NASCAR (hopefully it's not on an oval) and the rally car (also hopefully it's not on dirt...why can't there be a proper WIDE paved/dirt rallycross-style track in GT6?)

A reserve driver listing for me please, if available of course.
I'd love for you to be there every race too, Paul, but in any case what this series is lacking is a good Morale Officer.
You have been one in the past for the Z8's so that position is yours here as well if you want it. The pay isn't very good but the benefits are.
Like an office the size of half a football field at Tokyo HQ for instance. Sound swell?
Can I just ask, are they all un-tuned events? Just the oil change? Since that does make it easier to participate (spaces permitting) when and where I can.
That's correct. Tuning will be prohibited but everything that can slip through that is allowed (brakes, oil etc).
Toyota 7 (You might want to consider traction control on for this!)
I know from reading Sick's thread that some found this car tricky, but I tried it untuned with these tyres at Monza earlier and it felt
pretty good to me. It felt responsive and at no point out of control. I will need to test it some more though.

I'll be there for all the races I can be there for.
Sign me up please :)
Great guys. Toyota Motorsports is happy to have you on board.

Jocke, what is to do with these links? Don't know if I can find my PSN login data again... :dunce:
Patrick, it is the same as when you log in to race online on the PS3. Same username and same password.
If you click on one of the eight links and log in you will be redirected to the race info, looking like this;

patrick info.jpg

This is the same information as the one found in the community. If you click 'regulations' you will find all lobby settings.
👍

Patrick, it is the same as when you log in to race online on the PS3. Same username and same password.
If you click on one of the eight links and log in you will be redirected to the race info, looking like this;

View attachment 336349

This is the same information as the one found in the community. If you click 'regulations' you will find all lobby settings.
👍
OK, thanks! 👍 :)

Back