Toyota Championship Finished - All Stats -----> #733Finished 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 765 comments

Race #7 Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys, its been a long time since I joined you guys for a race. Finished my work early so I might join you guys today. I did some practice laps, managed 51.9. I quite like the Supra :)

I don't know why.
What happened? :dopey:
:P

(:bowdown: for the shots... :D)

Oh, BTW, I'll probably make it today. My daughter told me very understanding: "No problem Papa, I'll go earlier to bed and will read a book...".
I love her soooooo much!!! Still 13 and much more mature than a 19 years old stupid guy that I unfortunately had to know...

Last edited:
I forgot about that Eco challenge too. My record was 2.19 miles (I was obviously just going for gold since you need 2.18 for that) but now I pushed it further and went 2.78 miles. Which is 4.473 kms according to google?

Damn ps3! Arghhh!

My race started off well, qualified on pole, was pulling away from jammy in the start. But then it all went wrong when the tyres started degrading. Jammy caught me quickly, and soon I half-spun and jammy took the lead. After the I kept losing to him and thought about settling for second. Then, I missed the pit entry, so I had to pit twice! Stupid mistake I made! Then in order to gain positions on fresh tyres, I made a desperate move on Manny and hit him( sorry for that @MannYhAvitZ) and after a lap I hit the barriers. Damaged the car badly, so had to pit, and again I missed the entry, so I had to give another try. Until I could do that, my ps3 conked off.

Anyways, it was good to be on pole:) Hopefully I can join you again for the next race Jocke:tup:

Thanks for a good race guys.

I want to apologise gkgamer for collision we had on lap 2. From my point of view he was teleporting all over the place and suddenly bam! He fell of the track, probably with damage. I ended up with damage as well but decided to survive until PIT time. After a while I got used to driving with damage, which was fine but after PIT it got funny! I couldn't get used to normal driving again and wasted some time on few laps trying to recalibeate my brain haha.

Most of the race I was pressured by sweden (Jocke and qken) and hoped to catch up to manny. Sometimes it felt possible but in the end I didn't really get closer. In last two laps manny got involved in fight with jocke, I was just watching and looking forward to see some accidents :lol: I really felt the intensity of this battle.

See ya in a week!

At first congrats to the winner! Jammy???

One more blown engine, I'm for sure really disappointed, 'cause I don't like especially the track and the car and yet, I was driving a pretty good race.
After tasting some grains of sand at the end of first lap, I had to fight for catching Paul far, far away.
Paul, It's always a pleasure to fight with/against ("with" sounds better... ;)) you, but I think you were too kind and let me so easy overtaking...???... :odd:
Gavin, I had also very much fun by chasing you. You were not so easy to overtake on this track, so I had to push till you make a little mistake... Pitting 1 lap earlier than me was a very good strategy... 👍
It's such a pity all these disconnections. Lots of fine drivers were also unlucky...

A fine mess!... Thanks a lot PD!!! :mad: :yuck: :grumpy:

bajs race.jpg

I feel sorry for you @Aaroh007 - good pole and good start of the race. My plan was taking easy few laps at the start so I did let you go ahead of me about 2s. After 10 laps I did pickup little more pace and started to put some press on you to see if you make some mistake. After you spun my race was lonely one and only thing was to make constant laps and not to take any risk.
Next NASCAR at Motegi, see you all there.

Edit; There's three Camrys? Can I choose any one?

I used my usual endurance strategy of conserving tires on the first run (didn't run a single lap under 53.7) and then going hard on the second run (only ran one lap above 53.7 after pitting). I also missed the entrance the first time I tried to pit but conveniently it pulled me back onto the track immediately rather than forcing me to drive all the way down pit road. Doing that and pitting later so I'd have a shorter run at the end put me behind manny and jocke. I wouldn't have been able to pass both of them most likely but conveniently manny spun, and I could catch jocke and then he spun out also, opening it up for my first podium finally.

Now it's the race I'm most looking forward to. I'll be embarrassed if I don't get another podium at least...

There's three Camrys? Can I choose any one?
I think Jocke is going to allow all the NASCAR Camrys of the same PP rating.

So, without checking, the options could well be all from below...

Toyota 2010 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2010 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2010 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2010 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'S® TOYOTA CAMRY

Toyota 2011 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2011 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2011 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2011 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'S® TOYOTA CAMRY

Toyota 2013 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2013 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'S® TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2013 Matt Kenseth #20 Dollar General/Home Depot TOYOTA

hey everybody, sorry for retiring yesterday but after a few minutes of struggle I finally gave up.
The game felt dodgy from the Q session as far as I am concerned and I had to fight for almost 2 minutes with start and option twitching to get the instruments to display correctly. It seemed ok on the grid and remained that way until I exchanged positions through C1&2 with @bloodyboyblue . from that point cars appeared to move like those bugs that walk on the surface of water. I was then pushed off track by @gerber and the game became even more dodgy, showing
damage on my car and then having it disappear like if it were light damage. I still felt the effects of the side damage on the steering though. A few moments after that I pressed start again to ghost in order not to cause damage to @Wayne Gratiot as I was about to slam into him.
Because of that I loss all instruments again and was unable to get them back to on screen .
I guess this was not a case of blown engine but rather a case of complete car cpu failure.

Last edited:
I think Jocke is going to allow all the NASCAR Camrys of the same PP rating.

So, without checking, the options could well be all from below...

Toyota 2010 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2010 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2010 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2010 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'S® TOYOTA CAMRY

Toyota 2011 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2011 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2011 Joey Logano #20 The Home Depot TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2011 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'S® TOYOTA CAMRY

Toyota 2013 Denny Hamlin #11 FedEx TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2013 Kyle Busch #18 M&M'S® TOYOTA CAMRY
Toyota 2013 Matt Kenseth #20 Dollar General/Home Depot TOYOTA
I see only 3 CAMRYs both through search and in Dealerships :confused:

Sorry, had a lot to do today after work. :)

yes-why-jpg.342300

My turn Manny. (my avatar)
:)

STANDINGS

1. jammy 118p
2. Jocke 61p
3. qken 58p
4. Dusty 55p
5. blue 48p
6. gamer 39p
7. Patrick 31p
8. Michael 31p
9. Paul 30p
10. Gavin 30p
11. buybon 26p
12. Wheeler 25p
13. MannY 22p
14. Smiley 20p
15. Dimse 17p
16. Mathieu 13p
17. johndoe 12p
18. bcd 11p
19. David 9p
20. Aaroh 8p
21. Mikey 8p
22. kingdom 3p

mottes%20bara_zpsb2pllkhv.jpg~original

Tsukuba%20Circuit_zpsgsfweeed.jpg~original

qualified on pole
:bowdown:
and again I missed the entry
:lol:
In last two laps manny got involved in fight with jocke, I was just watching and looking forward to see some accidents :lol: I really felt the intensity of this battle.
:)
but conveniently manny spun, and I could catch jocke and then he spun out also
:lol:
opening it up for my first podium
👍
from that point cars appeared to move like those bugs that walk on the surface of water
Do you mean these, gk?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerridae

Yes I noticed you were lagging during practice but I thought it would be fine when you re-entered the room.
Apparently not.

I think we should use cars from same year as 2013 stated in OP.
I will allow all Camry's.

I look at this the same as what we did with Race #1.
Originally I had decided on only the Gazoo but since the Base model was exactly the same I allowed it
for greater grid variety in terms of appearance.

It's the same scenario here. All eleven Camry's are exactly the same underneath.
Same PP's, same cc-sized engine's, same rpm and torque, same BHP, same weight.
Eleven different ones compared to three different ones is better for variety.
Why are you against the decision jammy. Do you know something I don't? 👍

You're turning off ABS for this race right @JockeP22 ? Keeps it accurate and more fun.
ABS availability will stay. But it's optional to use it.
If you are going without it blue, I will too. 👍

Re-post;
images

Toyota Nascar 05/05/2015
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

Any Camry.
No time progression.
Double file rolling start.
Race duration is 30 minutes.
Damage is Light. Tyre / Fuel is Fast.
Minimum pit stops: 0.

I will drive one of Denny Hamlin's cars because of a burnout I saw him do once.
To this day I have never seen a burnout quite like that again, it was truly remarkable in that
he kept smoking the tyres for more than half the track and for what felt like ~90 seconds nonstop.
The whole track was covered in a white cloud if I remember it correctly.
He had just won this race in his FedEx Freight Toyota https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Sylvania_300
If you should find that burnout be sure to watch it. :)

I think we should use cars from same year as 2013 stated in OP.
Thinking about it, perhaps Jammy's right. Without checking them all, the gearing or suspension setups maybe different on the older cars. Which may make things uneven between cars. Unless someone can check them all.

Come to that, the three 2013 cars may have different default setups!

Oh yes, after a few laps testing the tyre wear set at fast is going to mean a few visits to the pits. :scared:

Last edited:
the three 2013 cars may have different default setups!
Alright, to avoid any unnecessary headaches I will add a poll at the top of the thread where we can all
vote on which 2013 car to use.

The 2013 car with the most votes is the one all drivers must use in the race.
With tuning prohibited as usual, of course.

How does this sound?

Back