Toyota FT-86 Concept II '11 multiple DLC issue

• Thread starter spunwicked
  • 289 comments
I only bought the first DLC pack a couple of days ago (The complete Cars, Track, Paints and stuff). Bought another paints, thought that they'd come in useful, and wondered if I'd get the Toyota FT-86 II Concept. Which I did!

So, if you haven't bought the first DLC already, looks like you'll still get the Toyota FT-86 II Concept

Bought first car pack, second car pack, free pack allowing other accounts on the PS3 to use the DLC, paint pack twice, and racing suits pack all on same account.

NO TOYOTA FT-86 CONCEPT II ? mmmm.

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

:ill:

can some kind person tell me how to install another pack of paints...i just purchased one and got the concept all fine, but the extra set of paints is not showing up and no option to install it again under downloadable content?! am i missing something?

just to clarify im not a moron...i purchased the complete pack twice previously no problems. just purchased another paint pack to obtain the Toyota FT-86 II Concept, no problems..but no extra set of paints to be seen or installed from main menu? no big issue...but any ideas?

can some kind person tell me how to install another pack of paints...i just purchased one and got the concept all fine, but the extra set of paints is not showing up and no option to install it again under downloadable content?! am i missing something?

just to clarify im not a moron...i purchased the complete pack twice previously no problems. just purchased another paint pack to obtain the Toyota FT-86 II Concept, no problems..but no extra set of paints to be seen or installed from main menu? no big issue...but any ideas?

Did you actually download it from within the PSN store before going into the game?

Did you actually download it from within the PSN store before going into the game?

cheers for the reply, yes i bought it from the psn store, came out loaded up gt5, and there was the concept gift waiting for me. so i checked the paints..lets say for instance..i havnt used a GT-CHROME paint yet so i know i have 2 of each of those from the 2 complete packs i purchased..all good. in the downloadable content button part i have all things i previously purchased, all installed, i was expecting to see another paint pack to be installed..but nothing.just the 2 previous ones, already installed. so i looked to the paints in item list, and sure enough only 2 of each still not 3. it seems as if i paid 1.59 but diddnt get any new set of paints, but did recieve the car i wanted, which was really the only reason i paid again anyhow. like i say not too much of a biggie, as i have more paints than i really ever need to use. but yes was wondering if im somehow being an idiot, or if i diddnt actually get them at all..
lets say for arguments sake, i went to paint item list, you would expect the new set of paints to be top of "date aquired" list, nope, so i scrolled down to the dlc paints and nope, just 2 sets of each still. strange...

i bought Spa, and i Just bought two paint packs.everything installed fine, but the FT86 II did NOT appear in my Car Delivery section. i'm really tired of this..can someone dupe a car/trade?

psn: celicagt113

Download 2.02 and you get:

Toyota 86 GT ’12

From the first DLC in October, download any 2 individual downloads, any combination gets you the:

FT-86 II Concept '11

If you download the first GT5 DLC bundle, you don't automatically get the Concept '11, even though it includes all the paints, tracks, cars & gear.

If you download the first GT5 DLC bundle and the second GT5 DLC car pack, you don't automatically get the Concept '11.

If you download 2 separate GT5 DLC's from the first DLC that came out back in October, you get the Concept '11.

I'll confirm that after the 2.02 update, I received the 86 GT '12.

I can also confirm that after downloading the first bundle, I did not receive the Concept '11. After purchasing an additional paint pack, I received the Concept '11.

I can confirm that the Concept '11 is trade/dupeable.

I bought The Track DLC and the Cars DLC from the October DLC in Janurary and I did NOT get the Concept II car.

I'm pretty sure the deadline's been reached. Which really, really sucks because I had no idea about this. I knew there was the "bonus". I thought I got it already. I thought the bonus was this:

Change the oil of your car
Have a car wash
Restore body rigidity
Overhaul engine

:|

s.o.b.!

Ahs well

I can actually confirm that it still gives you the FT-86 II Concept. I bought and downloaded all the DLC today but got no car initailly. Read this thread and decided to give the 2nd Paint Pack trick a try. Sure enough there it came with the 2nd paint pack. So not sure if it matters but here was what I did in order...bought all available dlc individually (mostly because I didnt see the complete pack...lol)...after dl started gt5 and installed paint, race gear, cars 1 and tracks 1 then went into GT Mode...collected all the car tickets (16 in all w/ the cart 125spl)...exited gt mode...installed cars 2...gt mode and collect...exit and installed cars 3 and tracks 2...gt mode and collect...exit game and buy paints again...went into game but directly into gt mode w/o installing paints and thats when it gave me the ft-86 II concept ticket...then exited to install paints

Suspecting that this would be the case, I bought a second paint pack to make sure I got the car.

Somehow it worked. Pretty stupid that getting the complete pack didn't get the car while getting all four packs seperately did, but whatever.

I've heard the FT-86 II Concept is tradeable... and that there's an orange one out there. I should find out which colors are there and try to trade for them...

This has probably been mentioned at some point already, but a lot of people still seem to be wondering why some do and some don't get the car when buying another paint pack much later.

I don't think there's a time deadline; rather, I think if you download the "Family Pack Add-On" from the PS Store, you can no longer get the car. If you haven't downloaded that Add-On, buying another DLC will probably still get you the car.

Suspecting that this would be the case, I bought a second paint pack to make sure I got the car.

Somehow it worked. Pretty stupid that getting the complete pack didn't get the car while getting all four packs seperately did, but whatever.

I've heard the FT-86 II Concept is tradeable... and that there's an orange one out there. I should find out which colors are there and try to trade for them...

I actually got an orange one...actual color is Orange Metallic...I'm willing to trade for a different color

and I think its a lil more to it than just buying the packs seperately as I actually bought them all seperately but still didnt not get it till I bought a 2nd paint pack...I think you have to buy one pack...enter the game and install...then exit and buy another pack so that it registers 2 purchases...least thats what I think...maybe someone can confirm that later

Heres a cpl pf quick shots to show it in orange
Bern-MarketStreet.jpg

Bern-MarketStreet_1.jpg

That's faaaar better than the black I got.

What you want for it?

Well I was hoping for a white one but I'll take the black one...I'm more of a black or white guy myself...lol...unless you know of a way to get the GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Special)...missed that by just a few hrs...still a lil po'd over that...lol

I don't know of a way to give it. But I gould dupe my black one tomorrow and send it Saturday. It has very few miles (if any) and is completely unmodified.

I guess you can't copy your data to other saves on the same PS3 anymore... have to do it the old fashioned way. Save before sending, then reload.

I will send the car, then reload. Don't send yours until I give the all-clear in this thread.

Last edited:
I guess you can't copy your data to other saves on the same PS3 anymore... have to do it the old fashioned way. Save before sending, then reload.

I will send the car, then reload. Don't send yours until I give the all-clear in this thread.

I actually have an account just for dupping on my ps3...have to do the same on the main acct...save and reload on the main after sending but after the 2nd gets it you can tune it up and send it back fully tuned w/o wasting money on the main...or send it back to get 2 or more of the same car...just takes awhile since they put the 1 car a day limit...lol

Back